First Round Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Round Game Discussion

Thought I'd start a new thread to discuss this Saturday's games and for people to post updates.

Lots of interesting matchups, but the ones I'll be paying the closest attention to are:

UND @ Nicholls

Kennesaw @ Wofford

Nova @ SE Louisiana

All appear to be evenly matched games on paper, with the possible exception of Wofford-KSU. I hope the Owls get blown out in that one to decrease the chance of them stealing a bubble slot in future years. I find KSU to be very annoying and would like to see their season effectively over by halftime on Saturday.

Re: First Round Game Discussion

For entertainment's sake:

Monmouth -7 vs. HC (I see Monmouth winning fairly easily)

Albany -6.5 vs. CCSU

Furman -1 at Austin Peay

Wofford -6.5 vs. Kennesaw State (I think Wofford wins easy)

Illinois State -2.5 at SE Missouri State (seems off, ISUr looked BAD against YSU)

Northern Iowa -12 vs. San Diego

Nicholls State Pick ‘Em vs. North Dakota

Villanova -1 at SE Louisiana

Comment

Would like us to play usd just so we can play a different team and not play a conference mate in the playoffs again.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Bought my tickets to the playoff game. Might be a little chilly but I hope there is a good crowd there to root the Jackrabbits on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
          Thought I'd start a new thread to discuss this Saturday's games and for people to post updates.

Lots of interesting matchups, but the ones I'll be paying the closest attention to are:

UND @ Nicholls

Kennesaw @ Wofford

Nova @ SE Louisiana

All appear to be evenly matched games on paper, with the possible exception of Wofford-KSU. I hope the Owls get blown out in that one to decrease the chance of them stealing a bubble slot in future years. I find KSU to be very annoying and would like to see their season effectively over by halftime on Saturday.
          Guess I'd love to see Monmouth win and upset JMU in hopes Jacks could get another home playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaJack View Post
            Bought my tickets to the playoff game. Might be a little chilly but I hope there is a good crowd there to root the Jackrabbits on.
            The most memorable crowds I've been a part of. Can't wait for 12/7!

Comment

I'd like to see the Jacks play San Diego, too. It would be a fresh, new opponent. And the Jacks definitely would have home-weather advantage! Hopefully, Pierre, C.J. and some of the other banged-up players will be back.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Has anyone read about the Nicholls locker room situation. What a sh*t show. I hope UND goes down their and kicks their butt. Can't wait to have UND in our conference.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                  Has anyone read about the Nicholls locker room situation. What a sh*t show. I hope UND goes down their and kicks their butt. Can't wait to have UND in our conference.
                  I was curious. Tents and portable bathroom facilities. Pretty rinky-dink.

https://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sp...emporary-tents
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    For entertainment's sake:

Monmouth -7 vs. HC (I see Monmouth winning fairly easily)

Albany -6.5 vs. CCSU

Furman -1 at Austin Peay

Wofford -6.5 vs. Kennesaw State (I think Wofford wins easy)

Illinois State -2.5 at SE Missouri State (seems off, ISUr looked BAD against YSU)

Northern Iowa -12 vs. San Diego

Nicholls State Pick ‘Em vs. North Dakota

Villanova -1 at SE Louisiana
                    I'd be all over Wofford and Monmouth with those lines. Id also be pretty tempted to take SELA over Nova. I'm really not impressed with the CAA this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                      The most memorable crowds I've been a part of. Can't wait for 12/7!
                      Zenner abusing EIU for almost 300 yards. That crowd was great. I would say my favorite games have been the late season or playoff games over the last decade. Just wish I could make more of them now. We go to the hospital to induce for baby #4 and probably wont get out of hospital till the 7th. So hopefully we can make it home in time and I home midco or someone will have it on TV.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                        that seems like a failure on the NCAA for allowing a school with that set up to host agame. cant say much for the other bids that came in then?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          that seems like a failure on the NCAA for allowing a school with that set up to host agame. cant say much for the other bids that came in then?
                          That's my view on the whole locker room squabble. UND should have bid more and they wouldn't have to travel nor deal with a tent for a locker room. Pretty easy solution.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            That's my view on the whole locker room squabble. UND should have bid more and they wouldn't have to travel nor deal with a tent for a locker room. Pretty easy solution.
                            UND has bigger things to worry about than locker rooms, they are a terrible team on the road.....

i'll eat crow but I dont see them coming close to winning this
                            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Zenner abusing EIU for almost 300 yards. That crowd was great. I would say my favorite games have been the late season or playoff games over the last decade. Just wish I could make more of them now. We go to the hospital to induce for baby #4 and probably wont get out of hospital till the 7th. So hopefully we can make it home in time and I home midco or someone will have it on TV.
                              That was such a fun game to be at! Mr Garoppolo and company had no desire to play that game. What an absolute pounding sdsu gave them that day!
                              2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X