Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Round Game Discussion

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Ive been to every home playoff game and if we get 10,000, i will be happy. The key is getting the student section full. Im not sure its been half full in any playoff game.
    In their defense, I think some of the students might adopt what some of the posters on here advocate and migrate to other sections with better views.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
      The thing I keep thinking about is the lack of awareness of FCS football in general around South Dakota. People don’t understand how elite SDSU is right now and how they should be supported. I tell people they got the 7 seed and a bye and that means nothing to most people. I don’t know how you get playoff games to mean more to the general fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I agree with what you're saying, but I think there are quite a few posters on here who would argue that SDSU isn't "elite," so it's not surprising casual fans might not subscribe to that belief.

I have to drive by multiple USD Commuity College billboards along Minnesota Avenue on my drive to work, and while they give me something to flip off, it'd be awesome if at least one of those mentioned the Jacks' historic run of consecutive playoff appearances and how fans have an excellent opportunity to be a part of that in person.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        Reading the UNI forum and one fan said their group was all ready to buy tickets for this weekends game after the pick six. After the rest of the game they decided they would save their money! I would love to see over 10k, but I have a hard time believing we get over 7,500 (that may be high). I hope I am way off base.
        I won't be disappointed if hundreds of UNI fans opt to remain back east. I'm hoping for 12k on Sat., but I fear your prediction might be more accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
          The thing I keep thinking about is the lack of awareness of FCS football in general around South Dakota. People don’t understand how elite SDSU is right now and how they should be supported. I tell people they got the 7 seed and a bye and that means nothing to most people. I don’t know how you get playoff games to mean more to the general fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          If SDSU wins Saturday who is next opponent?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            If SDSU wins Saturday who is next opponent?
            Most likely James Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Most likely James Madison.
              Ugh I thought so!

Comment

⚠️ #CyberMonday for SDSU Students!

You didn't think we'd forget about you, did ya??

You're joining @GoJacksFB at Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium for FREE!! All we ask... Get to DJDS this Saturday (12/7) at 1 p.m. and GET LOUD!

haven't seen anything on discount for other tickets yet.

Comment

Living in WCF currently, with a UNI alumni for a GF, I went to the game this weekend. I don't think I have seen a UNI team so poorly coached. They used all 3 of their second half time outs in the 3rd quarter. It was pretty brutal. If that same UNI team shows up in Brookings, it will be much like the last game.

Without the defense, that game is a FG fest and probably going into overtime to decide.

Still mulling over a trip to Brookings for the game. Not really wanting to spend the money or time with housework to do.
                  Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                  -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Ugh I thought so!
                    Go Monmouth!!

Comment

Any thought on how to get more students to the game? A few years ago they gave away a couple "scholarships" worth $1-2k (also did it at wrestling). At the Minnesota game the gophers did the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Hopefully the Jack's use that as locker room material to beat them again. L
                        UNI does have that they played #5 Weber State on their side but that is about it.

Both teams played Southern Utah @home- SDSU won by 36 and UNI won by 20.

SDSU beat UNI by 31 points.

UNI did play Iowa State to 3-TO's when they were ranked #21 but they are not ranked anymore.
                        SDSU lost by 7 to Minnesota when they were not ranked but they are #15 right now.

SDSU played Southern Illinois in conference while UNI played Western Illinois. I would like to see Weber State play Southern Illinois. I still think SIU should have made the playoffs. They would probably lose but I don't think it would be a blowout.

Comment

Originally posted by Kcco View Post
                          Any thought on how to get more students to the game? A few years ago they gave away a couple "scholarships" worth $1-2k (also did it at wrestling). At the Minnesota game the gophers did the same thing.
                          Free food and beer?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                            Living in WCF currently, with a UNI alumni for a GF, I went to the game this weekend. I don't think I have seen a UNI team so poorly coached. They used all 3 of their second half time outs in the 3rd quarter. It was pretty brutal. If that same UNI team shows up in Brookings, it will be much like the last game.

Without the defense, that game is a FG fest and probably going into overtime to decide.

Still mulling over a trip to Brookings for the game. Not really wanting to spend the money or time with housework to do.
                            Bring "housework" with you! My mantra in college was you can always retake a test, but you can never retake a party! Needless to say, I did graduate, but I wasn't on the Dean's list either.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                              Free food and beer?
                              Free food would be great. Free beer would too if they were all 21. Feed em pizza at the end of the 3rd quarter. Only the students that show up in the first quarter get to eat pizza. Somebody has to pay for it or maybe Papa Johns would donate it.

Comment

Well, dang. It sounds like Strong, Wilson and Blakley are all questionalbe for Saturday.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X