Clear All

Re: First Round Game Discussion

Pick 6 UNI already.
    Is it Saturday yet? Roll Damn Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by DB117 View Post
      Pick 6 UNI already.
      And nothing since then. Honestly UNI looks like crap right now. They may have been looking ahead to next week. Still 7-0 late in first half. USD is moving the all okay between the 30s. Not much offense in this game though.

Comment

7-3 UNI at the half. San Diego is soooooooooo slow it hurts to watch, UNI looks like they are just going through the motions as of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
          And nothing since then. Honestly UNI looks like crap right now. They may have been looking ahead to next week. Still 7-0 late in first half. USD is moving the all okay between the 30s. Not much offense in this game though.
          Agreed I hope UNI plays the same next week, because as bad as this game has been for both teams I still expect UNI will be coming to Brookings next Saturday. I'll gladly eat my words if I'm wrong, if for no other reason than to see somebody new.
          Is it Saturday yet? Roll Damn Rabbits!

Comment

UNI in a physical game which won't hurt the Jacks chances, the week of rest will loom large. Weston hurt again and their MLB got hurt. UNI has bigger injury issues than us by a wide margin.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
              UNI in a physical game which won't hurt the Jacks chances, the week of rest will loom large. Weston hurt again and their MLB got hurt. UNI has bigger injury issues than us by a wide margin.
              Um, dont know about that. I'd say missing your starting Qb, 1st and second string RB, and starting a 5th string QB is just as bad or worse than missing your best WR, TEx and a backer.

Comment

Um, dont know about that. I'd say missing your starting Qb, 1st and second string RB, and starting a 5th string QB is just as bad or worse than missing your best WR, TEx and a backer.
                They are also missing backs and O lineman.

If Rozeboom was out, our defense wouldn't be great.

Comment

They are also missing backs and O lineman.

If Rozeboom was out, our defense wouldn't be great.
                  Disagree. But it doesn't matter. Need to beat them. UNI wins 17 to 3, but looked like hit dog****. I'm not sure if their performance today bodies well for us, or if they'll use it as a wakeup call and come out focused next week.

Comment

Why do FCS scolly team have trouble with non scholarship USD?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Turnovers and penalties increase the difficulty.

Speaking of penalties, Williams should've been ejected for throwing punch along sideline on return.

Comment

Disagree. But it doesn't matter. Need to beat them. UNI wins 17 to 3, but looked like hit dog****. I'm not sure if their performance today bodies well for us, or if they'll use it as a wakeup call and come out focused next week.
                        They're depleted and should be thin at WR again. You'd have to think if Jacks stack the box against run, they'll have decent chance to shut down McElvain

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                          They're depleted and should be thin at WR again. You'd have to think if Jacks stack the box against run, they'll have decent chance to shut down McElvain
                          Yes, if Weston and Moore out, we should be able to really slow down their O. If 48 is out, our run game even down Pierre and CJ will be able to run the ball.

Like Farley said last year, you could tell the difference in freshness of teams. UNI will come out more focused I'm sure, but the wear and tear from today will show itself in the 2nd half next week.
                          Last edited by AZjack; 11-30-2019, 06:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Yes, if Weston and Moore out, we should be able to really slow down their O. If 48 is our, our run game even down Pierre and CJ will be able to run the ball.

Like Farley said last year, you could tell the difference in freshness of teams. UNI will come out more focused I'm sure, but the wear and tear from today will show itself in the 2nd half next week.
                            Believe Weston was on crutches at one point late in the game, but even if they aren't out to start, there's a difference between getting hit indoors versus sustaining the punishment the Jacks D will exert in the cold.

Definitely hope the Jacks aren't taking anything for granted, but I know I'm sick of reading UNI whining to the media about having a tougher schedule than the Jacks. Sure, they played Weber State, but the Jacks' FBS opponent was arguably more difficult, and UNI had Idaho State as a non-con. and the Leathernecks in conference this year.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                              UND has bigger things to worry about than locker rooms, they are a terrible team on the road.....

i'll eat crow but I dont see them coming close to winning this
                              I knew it.....
                              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

San Diego is in a rich recruiting ground in California and can entice students from out of state to come to California with nice weather and a great education. Generally, people would consider the Pioneer schools to be good academic schools which helps them with recruiting. Pretty sure nearly all of them are private schools.
                                Rollin' in my 5.0
                                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                                X