GDT: Cowgirls vs Jackrabbits @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Cowgirls vs Jackrabbits @ Frost Arena

Wyoming comes in with a new head coach this year. Gerald Mattinson spent 16 seasons on the Cowgirl bench as assistant/associate head coach so he is familiar with Wyoming and Mountain West. The Cowgirls have a 3-1 edge in this series. It will be the first time since 1979 they have visited Frost which is the only win in the series for the Jackrabbits. There will be 3 sophomores contributing as the leaders of this Cowgirl group. There is normally 7 players in rotation with a couple more playing single digit minutes. They are shooting 36.4% from the field. Denver and Colorado are the 2 losses for the Cowgirls. Today should have the Jackrabbits add another win over Wyoming in Frost Arena. The game will be on WNAX 104.1 FM or the Go Jacks.com watch at 6pm which should be well after the conclusion of the football game down south.
    Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Cowgirls vs Jackrabbits @ Frost Arena

It was announced that Tagyn Larson is not at the game. Anyone know what’s up with that?

Comment

Girls looked pretty good in the first half other than a 3-4 minute cold spell on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post
        It was announced that Tagyn Larson is not at the game. Anyone know what’s up with that?
        Just mentioned on the radio broadcast that she is injured.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Radio did say it is an injury.

Comment

67-40 SDSU, final.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post
              Radio did say it is an injury.
              The women's Twitter account has a video promoting tonight's game with Tagyn wearing protective goggles with what looks like a bruised left eye. Don't know if that's the injury, but it seems like a possibility.

Comment

A.J. said in the post-game that it was something that happened in practice. Must have got poked/elbowed in the eye. He thought she'd be back soon.

Comment

I thought the women looked much better tonight in all phased of the game. Defense was outstanding. Offense had much better spacing and flow. They played under control and only had 3 turnovers if I remember correctly. Three-point shots are starting to fall as we are getting better looks within the framework of the offense. Good win as they prepare to head to Cancun. Wish I was going with them!

Comment

Wyoming is not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                      Wyoming is not good.
                      I am all for the "extra pass" and stuff, but we better find or try to develop some perimeter players that will just shoot a open look, there is too much indecision out there right now.

Comment

Wyoming is in a soft conference if they are picked 4th in Mountain West. Montana State is the preseason favorite in the Big Sky. The Jackrabbit defense held each to 40 points and 50 points respectively. That part of the equation is progressing very well. The Jackrabbits shot 46% against the Cowgirls on 54 shots which is a nice number which is much better than the 38% against the Bobcats with terrible 3 pt shooting. The 10 3 point shots that developed in quarters 2 through 4 were results of a player being set for an open shot and not a shot off the dribble. Timing on inside passing is improving and Wyoming did not create many turnovers in the paint like Montana State. The 32 points in the paint was nice considering Paiton went 3-9. Also, the depth was tapped with 25 points off the bench. Next week in Cancun should find a few tweaks with 3 games in 3 days and a healthy Larson.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                          I am all for the "extra pass" and stuff, but we better find or try to develop some perimeter players that will just shoot a open look, there is too much indecision out there right now.
                          I'm glad I don't sit by you at either FB or BB games. Judas man.....

Keep thinking CJ Wilson isn't going to on the FB roster (yes, you said that last spring) and that we need to bench Tylee Irwin, one of our best defenders. The ignore feature is a beautiful feature of the forum software!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            I'm glad I don't sit by you at either FB or BB games. Judas man.....

Keep thinking CJ Wilson isn't going to on the FB roster (yes, you said that last spring) and that we need to bench Tylee Irwin, one of our best defenders. The ignore feature is a beautiful feature of the forum software!
                            I was told about CJ by a person I assumed was in the know, I relayed to here once. I was wrong, my apologies oh wise one. As far as Tylee is concerned, she has been rebounding the ball well. But her offensive game leaves a lot to be desired. Don't believe me, look up the stats. Have a great day.

Comment

Working...
                            X