Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ USD Coyotes

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
    Bull****, Genant doesn't fumble the ball. Genant for another year with Strong and Gibbs back is worth having him for a full year.

This team wasn't good enough with Gibbs, Strong and Wilson out to win a national title. I'll take our chances with Harris and Genant for a full year next year.
    Maybe that's true. Or maybe he's able to hold a block longer so when Heide scrambles he doesn't get hit the same way and fumbles. Who's to say Gibbs doesnt fumble?

I still think the offense is over thinking it. Too many "cute" plays and motions. Perhaps that is a result of not having faith in an offensive line?
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      True Augie proba ly doesn't turn the ball over as much. They aren't D1 players is my point
      It's too bad this was the first game you've seen this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        Maybe that's true. Or maybe he's able to hold a block longer so when Heide scrambles he doesn't get hit the same way and fumbles. Who's to say Gibbs doesnt fumble?

I still think the offense is over thinking it. Too many "cute" plays and motions. Perhaps that is a result of not having faith in an offensive line?
        On the first point, Heide fumbled on a positive designed run play. Maybe Genant playing lets them not have that designed qb run, I still don't think Genant makes the difference unless his leadership is such that the offensive line plays much better. (he might be that important, I'll give you that)

The whole offense was too cute. Mikey needs to run over guys, not spin and possibly get hurt.

Run Cade on verticals and tell Heide to throw it as hard as you can off play action. We didn't take enough deep shots today.

Comment

On the first point, Heide fumbled on a positive designed run play. Maybe Genant playing lets them not have that designed qb run, I still don't think Genant makes the difference unless his leadership is such that the offensive line plays much better. (he might be that important, I'll give you that)

The whole offense was too cute. Mikey needs to run over guys, not spin and possibly get hurt.

Run Cade on verticals and tell Heide to throw it as hard as you can off play action. We didn't take enough deep shots today.
          Part of me thinks that the lack of deep shots was the line play. USD was basically dropping 6-7 guys and getting pressure with 4-5. I'm surprised there wasnt a couple more screens mixed into the game.

With Mikey, it seemed like they just plugged him into Strong and Wilson's run plays and that's not his game.

Comment

It's too bad this was the first game you've seen this year.
            Oh...you are saying they haven't mishandled the ball and done stupid **** all year? Oh....he ran for a TD once on a punt return....give me a break.......that's worth the turnovers and dumb risks consistently taken
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Part of me thinks that the lack of deep shots was the line play. USD was basically dropping 6-7 guys and getting pressure with 4-5. I'm surprised there wasnt a couple more screens mixed into the game.

With Mikey, it seemed like they just plugged him into Strong and Wilson's run plays and that's not his game.
              That's all true. The other thing is what happened to the tight end down the seam off play action? They seem really underutilized, I've said that all year.

The other thing that was frustrating was getting good pressure with 4 early and then not being able to sack Simmons. He's a senior and it showed, very good elusiveness against the front 4, would have liked to see some corner and safety blitz today. We got burned on deep plays without the d back blitz, it wouldn't have hurt.

Comment

Stig will need to change his philosophy and chew some butt. Stig loses games he shouldn't every year.
                This is so true!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this is one reason the casual SDSU fan base does not get behind SDSU football. They continue to fail in games and the fans do not trust them to play well every game and therefore are not true contenders to compete against NDSU and win a national championship. This is on the players, coaches and administration.
                We...ARE...STATE!
                SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                  If the Jacks aren’t sent to Grand Forks with the winner to Fargo I’ll be shocked.
                  This is given unless we outbid them. But I do not think we will based on history of small playoff crowds.
                  We...ARE...STATE!
                  SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Honestly it would fiscally irresponsible given our payouts on the stadium to put in a large bid for Thanksgiving weekend. We will not get more than 4k there, and they're going to need to put in a much larger bid if they want that game at home. I'd look for us to be on the road @UND, @Montana if they're unseeded, @Nicholls, or @Semo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                      Honestly it would fiscally irresponsible given our payouts on the stadium to put in a large bid for Thanksgiving weekend. We will not get more than 4k there, and they're going to need to put in a much larger bid if they want that game at home. I'd look for us to be on the road @UND, @Montana if they're unseeded, @Nicholls, or @Semo.
                      Agree 100% Go on the road, see what we are made of, gain that experience.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                        This is so true!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this is one reason the casual SDSU fan base does not get behind SDSU football. They continue to fail in games and the fans do not trust them to play well every game and therefore are not true contenders to compete against NDSU and win a national championship. This is on the players, coaches and administration.
                        That or the casual fan isn't insane like us...
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                          If the team that we saw against UNI shows up all those games are wins. If the team that showed up today or against ISU shows up, then it really doesn't matter who we play.

Comment

The reality is that we were going to lose to USD at some point. We barely got by two years ago and we had a very good team then. We started this year with an unproven quarterback and we still don't know his upside. Then, the reins of the offense and the destiny of this team were abruptly handed to a young man who a year ago was walking the halls in high school and didn't know that Sexauer is a park in Brookings and not a recreational hour. Add to that the loss of our #1 and #2 running backs, well, it's asking a lot to go into a longstanding rival's stadium and win with our greatest offensive threats on the sidelines. But, that's life and football is a tough and unforgiving game. Most FCS teams are done this weekend and we still have more football to play. That's something to be grateful for.

Comment

Game can be summed up in six words:

HANG ON TO THE DAMNED BALL.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                Game can be summed up in six words:

HANG ON TO THE DAMNED BALL.
                                After looking at the stats it's even more frustrating. 500 yards of offense. Heide over 300 passing and a good percentage. But giving the ball away 4 times like that your going to lose no matter how good a team you play. Stats we looked like the better team. Hate that we let their defense look good. Hopefully coaches work on ball control. Not sure if there is away to track individual or team numbers easily but this year has to be a record for fumbles in a season or in recent history. And as an individual jahnke has to be close for most fumbles in a season.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X