GDT: @ USD Coyotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ USD Coyotes

I found it interesting that despite half the Dome being closed off because of construction, there were dozens - and probably hundreds - of empty seats in the upper rows that were open. I don't know what the attendance was reported to be, but the Dome was nowhere near full. Not even close.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      Why are the seniors embarrassed? They all played pretty good. The Yotes offense is not bad. It's their defense that usually sucks, but if your Freshman handle the ball like they don't care....then that's what you get. The Jonkes need to transfer to Augie or USF if that's the kind of **** ball handling they want to exemplify.
      Wow. I hope you're proud of yourself for this post.

Comment

Couple thoughts:
        -It is a gut punch to us all when we lose to them (at anything), but remember we could of lost in 2017 and should have lost in 2015 down there, it was bound to happen. Let's try to remember not to stoop to their level as a fan base after a loss like that. I didn't see the comments but apparently people were tweeting at players and coaches, stop. The players are obviously seeing based on PSJ and Cade's tweets. Not a good look.
        -The biggest takeaway from our final stretch of games is turnovers, they decided every one of those games. If we win the turnover battle, I don't think anyone on our side of the bracket can outmatch us. Our defense can only do so much on short field. I trust the offensive staff will make that a huge point going into the playoffs.
        -It seemed like the hook and ladder was a little pre-mature. We still had 17 seconds, try to get some yards and let Vinny give it a rip, even from 60. I would guess the odds are better on the latter.
        -Awesome that we got a seed and can get healthy and correct items these next two weeks. The last week obviously threw a wrench in the seeding, but I don't know how you could rationalize any of the teams below us to be seeded ahead of us. Name recognition and the fact we were playing shorthanded the last half of the conference season were taken into account by the committee.
        -Let's get people in the stands on the 7th and do our part to help this team. Should be cheap tickets so buy some up and bring some friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks View Post
          Couple thoughts:
          -It is a gut punch to us all when we lose to them (at anything), but remember we could of lost in 2017 and should have lost in 2015 down there, it was bound to happen. Let's try to remember not to stoop to their level as a fan base after a loss like that. I didn't see the comments but apparently people were tweeting at players and coaches, stop. The players are obviously seeing based on PSJ and Cade's tweets. Not a good look.
          The real losers Saturday were definitely the people so personally invested in this game that they pulled that embarrassing twitter crap or made public comments like the one quoted by CappinHard. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            The real losers Saturday were definitely the people so personally invested in this game that they pulled that embarrassing twitter crap or made public comments like the one quoted by CappinHard. Wow.
            Thank goodness I seldom use Twitter. I think our guys gave their best. SDSU has not had a history of positive streaks

Comment

I'm not going to defend or attack any of the other posts on this thread. I would just venture a guess that if Stig had an anonymous screen name and he would have posted a unfiltered view of the game here around the time he did the post-game interview, we wouldn't be talking about any other posts. He sounded to me like he wanted to rip someone's head off during his interview with Tyler. Wow.
              Edit: I am only referring to things posted here. I don't Twitter much, the stuff on that sounds waaay over the line of decency.
              Last edited by 98Jackfarmer; 11-25-2019, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                No way in hell should a fan EVER tweet at a coach let alone a player. That's disgusting. I get being frustrated but a direct personal attack is crossing the line. Be adults people.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  No way in hell should a fan EVER tweet at a coach let alone a player. That's disgusting. I get being frustrated but a direct personal attack is crossing the line. Be adults people.
                  I didn't see or hear anything about it, Im not on twitter or facebook but was it mentioned anywhere else here?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                    I'm not going to defend or attack any of the other posts on this thread. I would just venture a guess that if Stig had an anonymous screen name and he would have posted a unfiltered view of the game here around the time he did the post-game interview, we wouldn't be talking about any other posts. He sounded to me like he wanted to rip someone's head off during his interview with Tyler. Wow.
                    Edit: I am only referring to things posted here. I don't Twitter much, the stuff on that sounds waaay over the line of decency.
                    Can you give a synopsis of what Stig said with Tyler? I've had a few people say that it was more fired up than Stig has ever sounded. He seemed to have regained his composure in the post-game press conference.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      Can you give a synopsis of what Stig said with Tyler? I've had a few people say that it was more fired up than Stig has ever sounded. He seemed to have regained his composure in the post-game press conference.
                      I've always thought it would be nice to go back and listen to this interview from game to game. Sounds like this would have been a good one to hear!

Comment

Last time I can recall Stig being fired up was probably back when Berry was QB or around then, he was to the effect of I hate losing to those guys, yes they are a great program, but we think we can be great too and tired of losing to them to that effect.

I didn't hear this post game since I was at work but curious.

Talking to USD fans at work who are a pretty fair weather and don't follow USD much at all, but from what they saw was similar to what was discussed here, USD just wanted it more and played harder.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It was a little awkward at first cause the band was playing and he was yelling at Tyler to turn the music down when in fact it was the band right outside the locker room.

Tyler asked him what he was dissapointed with and Stig simply said: "Turnovers" and then when Tyler asked if there was anything else, he went on a rant of about four others things that they didn't do well (calling a jet sweep when USD was clearly in a jet sweep defensive set, pass protection, ect) I cant remember all of what he said, but he was very animated.

Tyler then asked Stig what he was impressed with and Stig had a long pause and said something to the effect that he couldn't think of anything they did well. After a couple other moments, he mentioned that Mikey ran well and the run blocking was alright....

All in all, very awkward interview, but it was nice to see that Stig was more frustrated than all of us were.

Comment

It was an awkward interview, yes, and Stig sounded extremely agitated which was understandable. The word "blessed" was never uttered.

Comment

All in all, very awkward interview, but it was nice to see that Stig was more frustrated than all of us were.
                              He needs to be pissed after a loss like that. IMO, some of problems with these types of games is the mentality of Stig. He's just so mellow I don't think the team can help but take on that mentality, at least to some degree.

Comment

It was a little awkward at first cause the band was playing and he was yelling at Tyler to turn the music down when in fact it was the band right outside the locker room.

Tyler asked him what he was dissapointed with and Stig simply said: "Turnovers" and then when Tyler asked if there was anything else, he went on a rant of about four others things that they didn't do well (calling a jet sweep when USD was clearly in a jet sweep defensive set, pass protection, ect) I cant remember all of what he said, but he was very animated.

Tyler then asked Stig what he was impressed with and Stig had a long pause and said something to the effect that he couldn't think of anything they did well. After a couple other moments, he mentioned that Mikey ran well and the run blocking was alright....

I'm glad to hear he mentioned turnovers. If this team can figure out how to hold onto the ball, they have a ton of potential. If not, it will be an early exit in the playoffs. We won't have the luxury of playing a team like USeD in the playoffs where we can have 4 fumbles and only lose by 3. If we have 4 fumbles against UNI, they will embarrass us at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X