GDT - North Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT - North Alabama

We're 9 or 9.5 point favorites depending on the book. Should come away with another home win, but it will be interesting to see how we bounce back from a couple tough P5 games and overall a tough road trip. Hoping to see some 3 point shooting come to life. I'm pretty sure we're a much better 3 pt shooting team than our rate of 25.9% shows right now.

Re: GDT - North Alabama

North Alabama Lions are a recent D1 addition to ASUN conference. Liberty won that conference last year while the Lions went 10-22. They have beaten one of our future opponents-Samford-this past Saturday. These guys might be quick. They are shooting 27.4% from the arc and 41% overall. They are shooting 64% from the line. They are averaging 25 fouls/game. Blackmon, preseason ASUN player, averages 5 assist per game. If the Jackrabbits do not return all the personal fouls, they may be able to out-shoot the Lions aggressive play.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Another slow start for the Rabbits. They really need to break that habit.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Apparently no espn+ coverage of this game or am I just missing it ?

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
          Apparently no espn+ coverage of this game or am I just missing it ?
          Nope. Jackrabbit All Access or audio.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

This is a small thing, but I really miss whoever was running the @gojacksmbb Twitter account the last couple years. Would update constantly throughout the game, giving practically a play by play. Don't get that nearly as often now.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Im gonna go out on a limb and guess that 11 turnovers to 5 assists won't get it done....not a good first half

Comment

Not much worth watching, hope they pull out the win. This team will have some ups and downs in conference, I'm sure. Our road record could be ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                  Not much worth watching, hope they pull out the win. This team will have some ups and downs in conference, I'm sure. Our road record could be ugly.
                  4 guys in double figures. Wilson had 8, yes 8, turnovers. Ouch. Key had 18 points along with 5 boards, 4 assists, 2 turnovers. Friedel also hit a couple of big 3s down the stretch which is good to see.

Comment

Final: SDSU 78, North Alabama 73

I think I heard Tyler said the Jacks shot 63% in the second half.

North Alabama drop to 2-3 while the Jacks move to 4-2.

Comment

Was it a great game? No.

Still good to get the win.

Nice to see the shooting improve some in the 2nd half.

Lots of stuff to work on. Didn't read or hear anything (I tuned in to the audio via the app... so Tyler may have mentioned it before the game, but I missed it) but is Dillon still taking care of a family issue? He has been ok this year, and it's good to give Matt a rest without having Wilson play the 5. (although I do think that is our best offensive team) Matt has played really solid defensively, and has been a beast on the boards.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                        ... so Tyler may have mentioned it before the game, but I missed it) but is Dillon still taking care of a family issue? He has been ok this year, and it's good to give Matt a rest without having Wilson play the 5. (although I do think that is our best offensive team) Matt has played really solid defensively, and has been a beast on the boards.
                        If I heard correctly, Tyler mentioned during the post game that Dillon had taken care of his family issue and was back in Brookings, but didn't play. I didn't catch/wasn't clear on whether or not he dressed or was available. But Tyler's comment seemed to be along the lines that it was admirable for Dillon to get home, take care of the issue and get back to Brookings in time for the game.
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Considering how young we are, getting wins is a good thing no matter how ugly. Maybe boost their confidence some. Speaking of ugly, tommorow night could get real ugly vs Arizona

Comment

Just wanted to share North Alabama's press conference from the head coach. He has high respect for the SDSU program and has been familiar with it for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7DnWDWeIcg
                            Rollin' in my 5.0
                            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                              Just wanted to share North Alabama's press conference from the head coach. He has high respect for the SDSU program and has been familiar with it for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7DnWDWeIcg
                              That guy had some major energy on the sideline.

Comment

Working...
                              X