Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USD Week

Default Re: USD Week

Very worried about this one.

The Jackrabbits are a better team, but they will be fired up, and we're still running out a true freshman QB, without Pierre and CJ.

Their offense is good. I'm hoping we can move the ball on the ground with Mikey and Crew. If they sell out to stop the run, Keaton is going to have to make them pay.

Like last weekend... no turnovers, and I like our chances.

How many tickets will the visitors get?

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    How many tickets will the visitors get?
    I think the NCAA minimum is 200 to the visiting team, but I could be wrong? I'll be there with 2 other Jack's fans in the section near the SDSU allotment.

Quote Originally Posted by da_coach View Post
    Very worried about this one.

The Jackrabbits are a better team, but they will be fired up, and we're still running out a true freshman QB, without Pierre and CJ.

Their offense is good. I'm hoping we can move the ball on the ground with Mikey and Crew. If they sell out to stop the run, Keaton is going to have to make them pay.

Like last weekend... no turnovers, and I like our chances.

Definitely not looking past this one, but I am not worried at all. Their 'vaunted' offense was putrid against NDSU and I think we are as good or better than the Bison on defense. Simmons had 73 yards passing. If we can shut down Trey Lance we can shut down Simmons. Yes emotion, yes it is in the dome, which will have a total of 5000 people. Their defense is bad, run the ball, make throws to our playmakers and play solid defense. We will be fine.

Stig and the staff know how to get our guys up for this game.

Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

I think the big key is to get their fans out of the game... score early and often and the Dome will be more quiet than the day before the start of Pheasant season.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

I'm setting the over/under for questionable personal foul/late hit penalties called on the SDSU defense at 3.
    I'm setting the over/under for obvious personal foul/late hit penalties not called on USD at 4.
    "I think we'll be OK"

We need to do the same to simmons that we did this week. Get his looking at the rush and not down field. I feel as long as the team that played Ill State doesn't show up we beet em by 14.
    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

I'd say this is the most unique showdown match up in the D1 era for a few reasons.

First, this is the first time we dont have a proven commodity at QB playing in this game, let alone playing in the Dome. When TC was a frosh, he started this game (and got benched), but he had already played over half the season at that point. That could be troublesome, but I think the pressure of coming into the 4th quarter at home against NDSU outweighs the pressure of starting in the Dome, and Heide performed well in that scenario.

Second, the atmosphere is just going to be weird down there. A half stadium that should be about 85% Yote fans. Nothing but silence on the other side. About half the number of students compared to a normal year.

Finally, this is the first time playing down there that we've had an elite defense. In other years, our D has played well against them at home and decent in the dome (2013 probably being our best defensive performance against them in Verm). But this defense is on another level compared to those years. I'll be curious to see if that shows up in this game, or if they struggle given the USD O and the road environment.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    I think the big key is to get their fans out of the game... score early and often and the Dome will be more quiet than the day before the start of Pheasant season.
    Not to sound smackish...but I think their play this season paired with the construction has already done a majority of the legwork on this
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.