USD Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Week

I think the big key is to get their fans out of the game... score early and often and the Dome will be more quiet than the day before the start of Pheasant season.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I'm setting the over/under for questionable personal foul/late hit penalties called on the SDSU defense at 3.
      I'm setting the over/under for obvious personal foul/late hit penalties not called on USD at 4.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

We need to do the same to simmons that we did this week. Get his looking at the rush and not down field. I feel as long as the team that played Ill State doesn't show up we beet em by 14.
        Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

I'd say this is the most unique showdown match up in the D1 era for a few reasons.

First, this is the first time we dont have a proven commodity at QB playing in this game, let alone playing in the Dome. When TC was a frosh, he started this game (and got benched), but he had already played over half the season at that point. That could be troublesome, but I think the pressure of coming into the 4th quarter at home against NDSU outweighs the pressure of starting in the Dome, and Heide performed well in that scenario.

Second, the atmosphere is just going to be weird down there. A half stadium that should be about 85% Yote fans. Nothing but silence on the other side. About half the number of students compared to a normal year.

Finally, this is the first time playing down there that we've had an elite defense. In other years, our D has played well against them at home and decent in the dome (2013 probably being our best defensive performance against them in Verm). But this defense is on another level compared to those years. I'll be curious to see if that shows up in this game, or if they struggle given the USD O and the road environment.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
            I think the big key is to get their fans out of the game... score early and often and the Dome will be more quiet than the day before the start of Pheasant season.
            Not to sound smackish...but I think their play this season paired with the construction has already done a majority of the legwork on this
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

USD continues to lead the league in penalties with 89. That's 17 more than the Youngstown, which is next on the list. You'd think Silent Bob Nielson would recognize lack of player control as a big part of his team's problem and at least try to do something about it.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Those posters advising caution are wise. History is on their side: We have had some real struggles playing in the DakotaDome.

I think an objective viewer would take what our defense has done most of the season and based on what our resurgent offense is capable of,...would predict a comfortable Jacks' win with the Coyotes having trouble putting many points on the scoreboard. But objective viewers won't be playing the game. USD has some athletes. They have a dangerous quarterback and I won't be surprised if he has his best game of the season. So, the game most likely will be a very tight one.

But pre-game predictions are easy to make and add to a little fun before the contest. I'll take into account the wise counsel of other posters and take a step back from the limb I'm on...revising my prediction to 42-10.

Added: jakejc792, in the second post in this thread, said he liked my score prediction. Let me remind you of jake's clairvoyance: he made this prediction days ahead of the UNI game: "I think the Jacks get at least a half dozen sacks (with one resulting in a fumble scoop and score)." He nailed it. [To be real honest, deep inside I'm like CappinHard: it is real scary going to USD for this game.]

Haha, I was way off on the number of sacks, and I'm hoping that's the case with my primary fear for this game (hint: it involves injury to a key Jacks defender)

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                  Haha, I was way off on the number of sacks, and I'm hoping that's the case with my primary fear for this game (hint: it involves injury to a key Jacks defender)
                  Don't you say it... don't even think about it...

Comment

Did anyone catch the Stig radio show, did he talk about any of the injuries?
                    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                      He said CJ would be a gametime decision, and that they had not yet gotten the report on Strong's injury.

Comment

don't wear the black uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                          don't wear the black uniform.
                          I love the all whites on the road.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                            It kind of sounded like Stig expects Devin Blakley and Blair Mulholland to get carries, along with Mikey.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              It kind of sounded like Stig expects Devin Blakley and Blair Mulholland to get carries, along with Mikey.
                              I'd love to try and save Blakely's 4 redshirt games for the playoffs. He's got 2 left and it would be nice not to have to play him this weekend and save him for the playoffs if Strong and Wilson are both out at any point again this season.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                                I'd love to try and save Blakely's 4 redshirt games for the playoffs. He's got 2 left and it would be nice not to have to play him this weekend and save him for the playoffs if Strong and Wilson are both out at any point again this season.
                                I agree with this. Play the first quarter with Mikey and Blair and if they aren’t having success then go with Blakey

Comment

Working...
                                X