Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 100

Thread: GDT: UNI Panthers

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Worthington,MN
    Posts
    5,131

    Default Re: GDT: UNI Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by BitsTD View Post
    I really don't know. I mean, we see how dynamic Blakely is but do we need to burn his redshirt when a perfectly serviceable back is on the bench? (And maybe Blakely's RS is gone already. Didn't check)

    Either way I was super happy about the outcome yesterday. This D is legit.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I see Mulholland's skill set as similiar to a power back like Mikey Daniel. Blakley is more of a speed back like CJ and Strong, which the Jacks need to make the offense harder to defend.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,944

    Default Re: GDT: UNI Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Not just the completions. His pocket presence and ability to evade pressure are very impressive.
    Yes I agree, he had a great game. It is a little hard to picture on the radio. He should get a great score by the staff on this game. Heide may be a serious challenge to Gibbs next spring if the improvement continues.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brandon, SD
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: GDT: UNI Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    Keaton Heidi was 15-16 in passing today. Watch out J'Bore, the kid is catching on.
    The thing I was most excited about with Heide yesterday was it seemed his internal timer went off sooner and he pulled it down and tried to get what he could. Didn't hold onto it and avoided strip sacks.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    4,770

    Default Re: GDT: UNI Panthers

    The posters commenting about attendance..... Do you understand our base consists largely of the agricultural community? Do you also understand these same farmers are going like mad trying to get crops harvested? I was back last week and in my neck of woods they were still working on beans! That’s unheard of for mid November.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,660

    Default Re: GDT: UNI Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by BitsTD View Post
    Why can't Mulholland get any carries with PSJ & Wilson down?

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I was thinking this too. Mulholland isn't where he's at on the depth chart because he isn't good, but rather how good Pierre and CJ are. Blair has played well in his limited snaps in the backfield, imo.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright


  6. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Huron, South Dakota
    Posts
    3,164

    Default Re: GDT: UNI Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    The posters commenting about attendance..... Do you understand our base consists largely of the agricultural community? Do you also understand these same farmers are going like mad trying to get crops harvested? I was back last week and in my neck of woods they were still working on beans! Thatís unheard of for mid November.
    So we are saying that 7000 farmers and ranchers stayed home the last two weeks? Everyone knows that this is an ag area, but that isn't an excuse for less than 8k to show up in back to back weeks against top tier competition. Those same folks didn't have an issue showing up against NDSU on a nice weekend.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    4,343

    Default Re: GDT: UNI Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by SoDakJack View Post
    So we are saying that 7000 farmers and ranchers stayed home the last two weeks? Everyone knows that this is an ag area, but that isn't an excuse for less than 8k to show up in back to back weeks against top tier competition. Those same folks didn't have an issue showing up against NDSU on a nice weekend.
    Sioux Falls metro area 265,000 people. I would guess not a large % of that are farmers.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,944

    Default Re: GDT: UNI Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Sioux Falls metro area 265,000 people. I would guess not a large % of that are farmers.
    There are a bunch of Hamlin Country farmers that are big fans and were tuning in on WNAX on their combines. I know one family that bought tickets from me. Too bad we can’t count them some how. You ought not forget where you came from Hamlin County has been very supportive of SDSU athletics for decades. I bet Rusty Antonen was in the seats yesterday. I guess my lifelong prejudice against SF is showing.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    1,442

    Default Re: GDT: UNI Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by SoDakJack View Post
    So we are saying that 7000 farmers and ranchers stayed home the last two weeks? Everyone knows that this is an ag area, but that isn't an excuse for less than 8k to show up in back to back weeks against top tier competition. Those same folks didn't have an issue showing up against NDSU on a nice weekend.
    Guessing his argument would be that crops weren't ready for harvest then. Regardless, if we're mortgaging the ability to pay off stadium on one economic sector, it's a big mistake, particularly when that sector is vulnerable to factors such as tariffs and climate change.

    It'd be very interesting to see aggregate data regarding ticket purchasers' characteristics rather than anecdotal posts.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Huron, South Dakota
    Posts
    3,164

    Default Re: GDT: UNI Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by BitsTD View Post
    The thing I was most excited about with Heide yesterday was it seemed his internal timer went off sooner and he pulled it down and tried to get what he could. Didn't hold onto it and avoided strip sacks.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I think that is coming from the increased number of snaps, not only in the game but also in practice. He is "the man" on the team now and he is starting to play that way. This kid, if the development arc continues, will be the best story of the season.

    Quote Originally Posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Guessing his argument would be that crops weren't ready for harvest then. Regardless, if we're mortgaging the ability to pay off stadium on one economic sector, it's a big mistake, particularly when that sector is vulnerable to factors such as tariffs and climate change.

    It'd be very interesting to see aggregate data regarding ticket purchasers' characteristics rather than anecdotal posts.
    I think that it is just a convenient excuse to blame the lack of support on the fact that it is a rural area. I know that those folks have been working their butts off because I deal with them everyday. The fact is that 60% of the fanbase is only interested in the NDSU/USD games. I will continue to be disappointed because our student athletes deserve better, and not just the football and basketball teams. But, that is a soapbox that will need to be stood on in a different thread.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •