Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT - UNL Fighting Hoibergs

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
    They are not going to play against this style of offense much if at all this year.
    Does that excuse the chit performance they have put out so far? Just Sayin.

Comment

Coming into this game Nebraska was like 339 in three point percent and 350 in overall shooting out of 353ish. I knew a team of guards wouldn't shoot like that all year....but jeebus.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
        Coming into this game Nebraska was like 339 in three point percent and 350 in overall shooting out of 353ish. I knew a team of guards wouldn't shoot like that all year....but jeebus.
        Jacks (probably) aren't as bad as they played. Nebraska probably isn't as good as they played.

Pretty discouraging to watch though.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jacks down by 20 at the under 8 timeout. Under the circumstances, that's pretty good.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Jacks down by 20 at the under 8 timeout. Under the circumstances, that's pretty good.
            They were down 30 points 15 minutes into the game. At least they didn’t give up. Just wish the outside shooters would be more consistent. It’s gonna be our Achilles heel all year.

Comment

Wasn't able to see any of this game (and that's probably a good thing), but I can't see in the stats why this game ended with a 17 point spread. Lots of stats were actually pretty close with the one exception being Nebraska doubled us up on assists.

Did we give up a ton of fast break/wide open looks? I know our shooting from deep was incredibly poor, but Nebraska wasn't lighting the nets on fire from distance either.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                Wasn't able to see any of this game (and that's probably a good thing), but I can't see in the stats why this game ended with a 17 point spread. Lots of stats were actually pretty close with the one exception being Nebraska doubled us up on assists.

Did we give up a ton of fast break/wide open looks? I know our shooting from deep was incredibly poor, but Nebraska wasn't lighting the nets on fire from distance either.
                1st half was poor. Game started 14-2 Huskers. Lots of fast break baskets, up tempo by the Huskers.

Jacks shooting in H1 was poor too. Game was a 20 point + differential at half time. Jacks came out and played better to start H2.

Comment

1st half was poor. Game started 14-2 Huskers. Lots of fast break baskets, up tempo by the Huskers.

Jacks shooting in H1 was poor too. Game was a 20 point + differential at half time. Jacks came out and played better to start H2.
                  I think the Jacks got blitzed in the first 10 minutes and were stunned. Once they settled into the game they played much better. There are still times that Key is out of control and Wilson tries to do too much, but in the second half they outplayed the Huskers IMO. I think by the time the conference season starts this team will be a handful for the rest of the league.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    I think the Jacks got blitzed in the first 10 minutes and were stunned. Once they settled into the game they played much better. There are still times that Key is out of control and Wilson tries to do too much, but in the second half they outplayed the Huskers IMO. I think by the time the conference season starts this team will be a handful for the rest of the league.
                    The problem with the “once they settled into the game” thinking is they settled into the game after they were down 20.
                    Nevertheless I agree with your thoughts on Key/Wilson as well as conference season.

Wilson needs a left hand on offense!

Comment

The problem with the “once they settled into the game” thinking is they settled into the game after they were down 20.
                      Nevertheless I agree with your thoughts on Key/Wilson as well as conference season.

Wilson needs a left hand on offense!
                      SDSU didn't do themselves any favors by scheduling that roadtrip with a team this young. You could tell that they were playing with tired legs the whole game
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        SDSU didn't do themselves any favors by scheduling that roadtrip with a team this young. You could tell that they were playing with tired legs the whole game
                        I'd like to think that this was a "growth trip" for the young/inexperienced (at D-I) Jacks. Educational for all, maybe humbling for those guys who needed to be humbled a bit (there's always one or two on any team, you know). Hoping for the best.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

These types of games are going to happen, especially early on.

The big thing is the team can learn from it, and make the proper adjustments.

I'm also concerned about the poor shooting. We've got guys who can shoot, so it's got to just be a confidence/growth thing.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                            These types of games are going to happen, especially early on.

The big thing is the team can learn from it, and make the proper adjustments.

I'm also concerned about the poor shooting. We've got guys who can shoot, so it's got to just be a confidence/growth thing.
                            In my opinion, when you combine the longer distance along with the speed, physicality and athleticism of the D1 game it is not surprising that our best shooters who are freshman are struggling.

The other factor is that things tend to come in waves much like Nebraska getting hot as a team in the first half, when we struggle we struggle as a unit. I think we will get better but I also believe it will be a battle for us the whole year....for sure in the nonconference.

Comment

Working...
                            X