USC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USC

USC finding things that work, SDSU still sloppy--I wonder if there's a bit of double-overtime hangover for the Jacks.

Arians has missed 3 free throws so far.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Some better play from the Jacks the last few minutes of the first half. 31-38 USC at the half.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Really nice job to close the gap to 7 at half. Would have liked someone other than Wilson taking the 3 at the buzzer, but whatever. Some really ugly basketball, but some promising stretches!
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Good runs by the Rabbits to get it close, then USC seems to remember that they're just taller than the Jacks and they push the lead out again.

Good effort by the Jacks so far.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Good effort until it fell apart at the end. Way too many turnovers (18) and 2nd chance points for USC. Outside shooting still an issue (8-31, 26%). Also, Arians has been really cold to start the year. Hopefully he can snap out of it.

Let’s go beat Nebraska

Comment

Still feel good about this team. Lots of talent...some dumb mistakes but seems like they'll go away as we get a bit more experience. Arians needs to find his shot/offense. Like that both Wingett and Friedel can shoot it. Baylor S. is going to be fun to watch for four years. Curious why Buchanon doesn't get more run - good things seem to happen when he's on the floor, at least on the offensive end where he seems like he brings instant offense.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Got to see the last 12 minutes of the game. Got out of hand at the very end, but there was plenty to like.

Work on the little things and big things will come for this team as the season progresses.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                  Still feel good about this team. Lots of talent...some dumb mistakes but seems like they'll go away as we get a bit more experience. Arians needs to find his shot/offense. Like that both Wingett and Friedel can shoot it. Baylor S. is going to be fun to watch for four years. Curious why Buchanon doesn't get more run - good things seem to happen when he's on the floor, at least on the offensive end where he seems like he brings instant offense.
                  I saw Baylor play four or five times in HS. I remember his sophomore year he was on a team that featured 4 upper class man that either played college basketball or had offers but choose a different sport. They were up against the number team in their class and even in that environment he wasn't afraid of the moment or to take a big shot, so it doesn't surprise me with the confidence he plays with now. I also remember a few WTF type shots, so that doesn't surprise me either.....lol.

Comment

I think that we are going to have a lot of the "team played great at times/they played sloppy at times" this season. It is amazing that even though this team is young, they are already starting to play together and fall into their roles. It has been awhile since we've had a really talented back-to-the-basket type player
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Didn't get to see the 2nd half. Seems like it was a little closer than the final score shows. Still concerned about the shooting, but optimistic overall.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Lots of positives last night. Young team with too many turnovers and poor shooting with a chance to win against a talented power 5 team late in the second half. Team is playing far better than I expected and showing some legit raw talent every night. The turnovers will improve as many of them are simply freshman and juco players getting used to the speed of the game at a new level IMO. In game adjustment to double the post was huge by Hendo. I’m optimistic and last night made me even more despite the final score.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                          Lots of positives last night. Young team with too many turnovers and poor shooting with a chance to win against a talented power 5 team late in the second half. Team is playing far better than I expected and showing some legit raw talent every night. The turnovers will improve as many of them are simply freshman and juco players getting used to the speed of the game at a new level IMO. In game adjustment to double the post was huge by Hendo. I’m optimistic and last night made me even more despite the final score.
                          Great summary - I agree 100% with this.

Comment

It's been nice having Brandon Key back in the lineup, as he brings a lot of energy and moxie to the table, but his TO's are becoming a bit concerning.

11 turnovers with just 8 assists the last two games aren't going to cut it from the PG position.

Comment

One thing I like about this team is the their confidence, this bunch seems to have very little self doubt in what they are doing for the most part. That pump-and-drive by Wingett right before the half was really pretty....

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                                seems to me he struggles a little bit on the defensive end. He got really lost a couple times and seemed like he didn’t even know where the ball or his man were and that led directly to 2 open threes late in the game that helped kick start there run to stretch the lead out at the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X