Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USC

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
    seems to me he struggles a little bit on the defensive end. He got really lost a couple times and seemed like he didn’t even know where the ball or his man were and that led directly to 2 open threes late in the game that helped kick start there run to stretch the lead out at the end.
    That very well could be why. His offensive fire power sure seems to help us though as well - if I'm not mistaken, when he entered the game in the 1st half last night is when we kind of took off.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
      It's been nice having Brandon Key back in the lineup, as he brings a lot of energy and moxie to the table, but his TO's are becoming a bit concerning.

11 turnovers with just 8 assists the last two games aren't going to cut it from the PG position.
      Thanks for pointing that out. I was about ready to give birth to his babies after last night's game but now hearing that stat, "not so fast (-Lee Corso)".

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
        That very well could be why. His offensive fire power sure seems to help us though as well - if I'm not mistaken, when he entered the game in the 1st half last night is when we kind of took off.
        I agree. Didn't get to see him play during the first game I watched, but after watching that first half, I'm excited for him to hopefully start getting more minutes.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
          Lots of positives last night. Young team with too many turnovers and poor shooting with a chance to win against a talented power 5 team late in the second half. Team is playing far better than I expected and showing some legit raw talent every night. The turnovers will improve as many of them are simply freshman and juco players getting used to the speed of the game at a new level IMO. In game adjustment to double the post was huge by Hendo. I’m optimistic and last night made me even more despite the final score.
          Raw talent is a good way to put it. There's a lot of that on this team. They just need time to find their identity and gel. Wingett, Scheierman, and even Buchanon seem to have the ability to be snipers from deep. Waiting for Arians to get out of his funk and waiting for Freidel to come into his own, because I feel like he can be a play maker too. Key has been very good, but needs to clean up the turnovers and stop flopping. Wilson has been good but needs to be smarter on defense and stay out of foul trouble because he's too much of an asset on offense. Dentlinger has been consistent and will be a staple all year. O. King looked a little better last night, still wish he was more aggressive, he just seems so tentative. Dillon should keep developing and be a nice 3rd big to rotate in.

Overall, happy with what they've shown so far and excited for the rest of the season. Any wins we get early in the year will be a huge bonus. Hoping they're playing well going into conference play. With games against Nebraska, Arizona, Indiana, and Colorado State coming up, I think their possible records coming out of OOC would be:

Ceiling - 10-5
          Likely - 9-6 or 8-7
          Floor - 5-10

As long as they're above .500 I'll consider that a successful OOC record considering the rebuilding effort that is underway.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            Thanks for pointing that out. I was about ready to give birth to his babies after last night's game but now hearing that stat, "not so fast (-Lee Corso)".
            I'll admit I wasn't a big fan of Key's two late, quick 3 point attempts towards the end of the game. Those felt to me like give-up attempts. Overall he's a pretty big positive for the team though.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
            X