UNI week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI week

First off thank you to all veterans past, current, and future you don't get enough credit for everything you've done or will do.

As for UNI this looks like a tough matchup this weekend as it usually is. It looks to me like they're offense is going to look a little different than what we're used to. I think the Jacks are going to need to be disciplined in their pass rush as McElvain seems to be good outside the pocket. Weston is a dangerous receiver and big play threat if he plays.

On offense the Jacks have to hold on to the ball this weekend! UNI's defense is solid as always, and very tough against the run. I would like to see the Jacks open it up a little and have Heide take a couple shots down field early.
    Is it Saturday yet? Roll Damn Rabbits!

Re: UNI week

Imo if we don't lose the turnover battle, we win the game. It's honestly that simple for this team, we're that talented. Even if we lose it by 1, we probably still win with the defense we have as long as one isn't returned for a TD. TAKE CARE OF THE BALL!

Comment

The running game has to be better. The Jacks aren't going to win many games with less than 100 yards on the ground.

Comment

I am having a hard time envisioning a win this Saturday. UNI is solid and we seem to be trending down. I think we’ll need some big momentum plays to pull it out like on special teams, turnover something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
          I am having a hard time envisioning a win this Saturday. UNI is solid and we seem to be trending down. I think we’ll need some big momentum plays to pull it out like on special teams, turnover something like that.
          You are not alone. I sense our true freshman QB is overwhelmed and who would not be? I hope he learned from his mistakes and has a zero turnover game this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Imo if we don't lose the turnover battle, we win the game. It's honestly that simple for this team, we're that talented. Even if we lose it by 1, we probably still win with the defense we have as long as one isn't returned for a TD. TAKE CARE OF THE BALL!
            That's basically how I feel as well. Without the costly turnovers, we beat ISUr, NDSU , and Minnesota. I think the same gold for UNI. If we're on the wrong end of the turnover margin, I don't like our chances.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
              The thing is, UNI needed a bunch of turnovers late in the game to beat ISUr like they did (much like ISUr needed against us), then UNI had an unconvincing 17-9 win against ISUb at home last week, so they're definitely not world beaters. As far as us trending down, we had a game where we turned the ball over too much... I don't necessarily consider that trending down. There are ways we lose that game and I agree with you, but the way we lost that game, I don't agree with us trending down.

Comment

The scary thing about turnovers being an issue for us is that UNI is 3rd in the nation in turnover margin. Besides that, we stack up against them very well. Credit to Professor Chaos from AGS for providing this. See his whole post on the game here: https://www.anygivensaturday.com/sho...=1#post2826883

Comment

Play smart, and don't turn it over, our defense will keep us in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    The thing is, UNI needed a bunch of turnovers late in the game to beat ISUr like they did (much like ISUr needed against us), then UNI had an unconvincing 17-9 win against ISUb at home last week, so they're definitely not world beaters. As far as us trending down, we had a game where we turned the ball over too much... I don't necessarily consider that trending down. There are ways we lose that game and I agree with you, but the way we lost that game, I don't agree with us trending down.
                    I didn’t see that ISU blue score. Would of guessed it would of been way more lobsided. It still says there defensive is solid and the offensive side of the ball is of course the concern for us. If it’s not turnovers that help us then the O line is going to have to take it up a notch both run blocking and protecting Hiede.

Comment

I think we will either come of focused, hungry, and mostly mistake free (and get a win), or we'll come out sloppy and feeling sorry for ourselves and drop the next two. I think we'll learn a lot about this team in the first half this Saturday, and I think the senior leadership will make sure they don't let it slip away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                        I think we will either come of focused, hungry, and mostly mistake free (and get a win), or we'll come out sloppy and feeling sorry for ourselves and drop the next two. I think we'll learn a lot about this team in the first half this Saturday, and I think the senior leadership will make sure they don't let it slip away.
                        I agree regarding senior leadership.

I'm expecting an outcome more like the 2017 playoff rematch against them rather than that year's Hobo Day game

Comment

UNI week

UNI also has some pretty massive injury issues. I believe they’re to the point of converting some guys who used to play RB and WR in hs from other positions to get some depth. Their offense doesn’t scare me too much if our DBs play disciplined when their an scrambles we should be OK. Their run game isn’t much to be scared of. What I am worried about is exactly what Cappin is worried about. Turnovers. I’m 95% certain without checking we’ve had more fumbles than INTs, certainly the last two games, and only one of the fumbles we lost was from Heide. The guys with the ball have now created a monster they have to deal with. We’ve shown we lack ball security, so now teams are going to push twice as hard to strip the ball than normal because it’s an issue. Hang on to the ball and we should be OK (I sure hope). It should be a close game I’m guessing.

Also, the last time we lost back to back games was back in 2015 when we ended the season with the loss at WIU and then lost at Montana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

One thing I would like to see the Jacks do on offense is utilize Nelson in certain situations. I think his fearless running style at quarterback could a nice change up. He is another weapon for our offense.
                            We...ARE...STATE!
                            SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                              One thing I would like to see the Jacks do on offense is utilize Nelson in certain situations. I think his fearless running style at quarterback could a nice change up. He is another weapon for our offense.
                              Why not have Daniel's or strong just run the flash. A running qb is more effective with the threat to throw. I like nelson but his fumbles and missed throws hurt big time.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X