Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UNI week

Default Re: UNI week

I think we will either come of focused, hungry, and mostly mistake free (and get a win), or we'll come out sloppy and feeling sorry for ourselves and drop the next two. I think we'll learn a lot about this team in the first half this Saturday, and I think the senior leadership will make sure they don't let it slip away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    I think we will either come of focused, hungry, and mostly mistake free (and get a win), or we'll come out sloppy and feeling sorry for ourselves and drop the next two. I think we'll learn a lot about this team in the first half this Saturday, and I think the senior leadership will make sure they don't let it slip away.
    I agree regarding senior leadership.

I'm expecting an outcome more like the 2017 playoff rematch against them rather than that year's Hobo Day game

Default UNI week

UNI also has some pretty massive injury issues. I believe theyre to the point of converting some guys who used to play RB and WR in hs from other positions to get some depth. Their offense doesnt scare me too much if our DBs play disciplined when their an scrambles we should be OK. Their run game isnt much to be scared of. What I am worried about is exactly what Cappin is worried about. Turnovers. Im 95% certain without checking weve had more fumbles than INTs, certainly the last two games, and only one of the fumbles we lost was from Heide. The guys with the ball have now created a monster they have to deal with. Weve shown we lack ball security, so now teams are going to push twice as hard to strip the ball than normal because its an issue. Hang on to the ball and we should be OK (I sure hope). It should be a close game Im guessing.

Also, the last time we lost back to back games was back in 2015 when we ended the season with the loss at WIU and then lost at Montana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

One thing I would like to see the Jacks do on offense is utilize Nelson in certain situations. I think his fearless running style at quarterback could a nice change up. He is another weapon for our offense.
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoJacks View Post
    One thing I would like to see the Jacks do on offense is utilize Nelson in certain situations. I think his fearless running style at quarterback could a nice change up. He is another weapon for our offense.
    Why not have Daniel's or strong just run the flash. A running qb is more effective with the threat to throw. I like nelson but his fumbles and missed throws hurt big time.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Getting C.J. Wilson back would be nice. The Jacks missed him last week. C.J.'s zig-zag running style is a nice change of pace from Pierre's one-cut speed and Mikey's power.
    This space for lease.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Getting C.J. Wilson back would be nice. The Jacks missed him last week. C.J.'s zig-zag running style is a nice change of pace from Pierre's one-cut speed and Mikey's power.
    Do we know if he'll be back or not this week?

I'm not sure why, but my confidence is growing as the week wears on. Maybe the loss was a good wake up call and they come out super focused. Maybe luck just wasnt on our side last Saturday. I'm not sure, but I have feeling this could be a good statement game. Stig has talked a lot about senior leadership this year, and it sure seems like this Saturday would be a good time to show it.

Outside of the bad loss last week, this UNI team embarrassed us last year in Cedar Falls. There shouldn't be a lack of motivation for this Saturday between seed implications, getting over last week, securing a playoff spot, and avenging last year's loss to the panthers. I have a feeling the boys will step up.

24- 10 Jacks.

DFW Rabbit now, Look for me on disc golf courses, or nearby flood disaster

Quote Originally Posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
    I didn’t see that ISU blue score. Would of guessed it would of been way more lobsided. It still says there defensive is solid and the offensive side of the ball is of course the concern for us. If it’s not turnovers that help us then the O line is going to have to take it up a notch both run blocking and protecting Heide.
    ISUb was inside the 10 when the Trees were picked off in EZ with about 3 min left in game. UNI doesn't get pick, Trees would either have lost by two, or likely sent Panthers to OT.

No, or win TO margin, Jacks should win vs UNI. Jacks D is as good or better, and Jacks offense has more possible winning combos than Panther O. Lose TO margin, joins other games this season with - TO margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    I'm not sure why, but my confidence is growing as the week wears on. Maybe the loss was a good wake up call and they come out super focused. Maybe luck just wasnt on our side last Saturday. I'm not sure, but I have feeling this could be a good statement game. Stig has talked a lot about senior leadership this year, and it sure seems like this Saturday would be a good time to show it.

Outside of the bad loss last week, this UNI team embarrassed us last year in Cedar Falls. There shouldn't be a lack of motivation for this Saturday between seed implications, getting over last week, securing a playoff spot, and avenging last year's loss to the panthers. I have a feeling the boys will step up.

24- 10 Jacks.
    I was talking with a co-worker about the game and said I thought Jacks would win by at least 10, so I like your predicted score.

Seeing the stadium during HS football playoffs has me wishing it was already Saturday more than I normally would prior to a Jacks game.

It being Senior Day makes it a bittersweet game. Hoping some of the casual fans come out for a fitting regular season send off for Rozeboom, perhaps the best defensive player in Jacks' history.