GDT - CSUB - Roadrunners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT - CSUB - Roadrunners

All I can say is WOW! After that football game this was one of the most entertaining basketall games I have ever witnessed. Young team grinds out a double ot game on the road!

Comment

What a gutsy win. Young team on the road for the first time, hitting huge shots.

Comment

I'm a recovering yote addict. Can't believe how jacked I am at this win.

Comment

Last time in Bakersfield the refs were making sure the Jack's woudnt win, I believe it went 2 overtimes also. Didnt see or hear the game, did it seem like that this is time?

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            Last time in Bakersfield the refs were making sure the Jack's woudnt win, I believe it went 2 overtimes also. Didnt see or hear the game, did it seem like that this is time?
            If you listened to the announcers you would have thought the opposite. They were pretty high on the homer scale. I didn't think the officiating was very good, but it did seem consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
              If you listened to the announcers you would have thought the opposite. They were pretty high on the homer scale. I didn't think the officiating was very good, but it did seem consistent.
              I would agree with this. A lot of ticky tack fouls, but both ways. Both teams were in bonus very early.

Comment

Had an NFL head referee on the crew last night in Bill Vinovich so not your local homer crew - which is surprising for CSUB. We got as fair of a shake as you can ever hope to get on the road in college basketball. The announcer for the game was a complete homer coupled with constant officiating comments - he was among the worst I've ever heard.

Big win on the road. Scheierman with some clutch, no hesitation, shots down the stretch. He's going to be a good player for us for a long time. Love Doug Wilson's game - we so desperately needed a guy like that last year. Key looks to have developed a jumper that at least has to be respected making him look like a pretty complete player.

It hasn't been pretty or flashy all the time but somehow it seems guys on this team already each know their role. The pack it in and dare/bait CSUB to shoot jumpers was brilliant and well executed. Impressive start for Hendo as well. I'm officially starting to get excited for this team.

Comment

I'm more pumped about this team and coach than I am for any program since I started re-following this team fifteen years ago. Picked 'em for fourth in the conference this year and they'll probably do better in the tournament. I follow the jacks and Lindenwood (cause they have a lot of SDSU coaching cross over and they're right down the street). LU coach left middle of the summer and took his recruits with him. New coach had exactly three players on campus in August and had to re-build a team in September from left overs. Real old, gnarly jucos and grad students, That mutt team is undefeated too. Too bad I'm so old and the global vortex is making it cold out. I'll probably only get to a two or three Jacks games 'cause it runs close to a thousand mile round trip but I'm really liking this team. See you in Omaha, Tulsa and (gag) Macomb.

BTW-- When you Google WIU, the first fill in answer is "Is Western Illinois closing?"-- I for one am looking forward to sitting in Swinney in 2021.

Comment

This was a fun game to listen to on the radio and a great road win for a young team. Al Bahe filled in for Tyler and did a really good job.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

How did Wingett look for those who watched the game? Just saw the highlights, but looked like Freidel, Baylor, and Wingett all made some big shots. Count me in as extremely excited to watch these guys develop this year and beyond. Great early season win!

Comment

Bahe did a good job with the game call. The announcers on the ESPN+ production: not so good.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                          How did Wingett look for those who watched the game? Just saw the highlights, but looked like Freidel, Baylor, and Wingett all made some big shots. Count me in as extremely excited to watch these guys develop this year and beyond. Great early season win!
                          He played well. Those 3 you mentioned made some shots. You can still see their youth in some decisions, but they are going to contribute to many more wins than losses
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Wilson was unstoppable! Needs to keep his head up when driving to the basket. Only thing the announcers said I agreed with.

Comment

Fun group to cheer for. Loved having 3 freshmen on the floor in overtime, on the road, and pulling out the win.

Results so far have been better than I anticipated.

Props to Scheierman for not only hitting those shots, but when we had people fouling out... he was actually guarding CSUB big man, that we were struggling to guard the whole game.

Comment

that was a fun game to watch...tit for tat the whole game, the drama level was at a high threshold the entire game....the guy that nearly jumped over Wingett but caught his knee on his shoulder,did a complete flip and hit the floor hard, was a phenominal leaper....Tazzi Moore?? ( almost could escape the Earth's gravitational pull it seemed, Wingett was really surprised for sure.... he went up for a rebound and the top of his head seemed at rim level) they had some very talented athletes and we went toe to toe with them the whole game. No time to get up out of your seat and grab some popcorn in that game....nobody wanted to miss a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X