Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: GDT: ISU Redbirds

Default Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

Quote Originally Posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    DLine is one of strongest and deepest groups.
    Asking because I dont recall if we had a sack or got much pressure. Seemed like d line wasnt as effective as they usually are. For deep talented group I was hoping for more in a game like this. O-line probably has been the weakest group. There is talent there but previous years the o-line was generally a strength and it was weaker groups around them.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Asking because I dont recall if we had a sack or got much pressure. Seemed like d line wasnt as effective as they usually are. For deep talented group I was hoping for more in a game like this. O-line probably has been the weakest group. There is talent there but previous years the o-line was generally a strength and it was weaker groups around them.
    3 sacks. Rozeboom, Ward, Hicks.
    7 TFLs.

Quote Originally Posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    3 sacks. Rozeboom, Ward, Hicks.
    7 TFLs.
    Thanks I didnt realize it was that much. Then again I didnt get to watch as much as I like. Felt like we contained the run pretty well but didnt think we got to the qb much. Guess I was wrong.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

The part of the defense I was disappointed in were the DB's. Too many holding and PI penalties away from where the ball went. And let too many receivers run open against a team who supposedly had a subpar passing game. The worst may have been in the 4th quarter when ISU had a 2nd and 17 deep in their own territory and a safety let a receiver get behind him for a long gain.

Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    It was mentioned a few times after Gibbs went down that the Jacks could win with Heide as a game manager. For that to work though, the running game has to be more effective than it was yesterday.. I was disappointed in the offensive line's performance in both run blocking and pass protection. Hopefully they come out next week ready to prove that they are better than what they showed yesterday.

It will be tough to run the ball when you have 5 or 6 guys tryin to block 8 defenders. Without a passing threat we will struggle to run the ball and beat UNI. And unfortunately UNI's front 7 are better than ISUR's were.