GDT: ISU Redbirds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

The problem isnt Heide as qb but the fact we have a team with high expectations and are breaking in 2 freshman quarterbacks. We would have won the gophers game but started an inexperienced qb. His growth was obvious during the season. Now Heide has some growth potential. The issue in 2 of our 3 losses are due to lack of offensive consistency. Let's be honest the o-line has been inconsistent at best. If they play like they are capable. We are undefeated. As a side note I felt like our d-line didnt get much pressure on their qb. Hopefully the team figures out its issues and comes out ready for uni which might be more difficult the isur was.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Tough one. But that's what's going to happen when you turn it over 4 times, and 3 times in a row on the wrong side of the field.

I don't care who you play.

N Iowa next week is going to be a tough one.

I hope we can get some more fans in the seats to support the team.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        The problem isnt Heide as qb but the fact we have a team with high expectations and are breaking in 2 freshman quarterbacks. We would have won the gophers game but started an inexperienced qb. His growth was obvious during the season. Now Heide has some growth potential. The issue in 2 of our 3 losses are due to lack of offensive consistency. Let's be honest the o-line has been inconsistent at best. If they play like they are capable. We are undefeated. As a side note I felt like our d-line didnt get much pressure on their qb. Hopefully the team figures out its issues and comes out ready for uni which might be more difficult the isur was.
        Didn't get to watch the game, but reading the posts here and snippets of the radio broadcast. It seems like the O and D lines haven't been consistent, happened against YSU as well. Until we have enough depth on both, we'll struggle with the Bison and thus struggle in the playoffs.

I still think we are the 4th best team in FCS behind NDSU, JMU and Weber State. The team can still get a 7 seed and can wreak havoc in the playoffs. Just need to close out the year tough.

Yotes think they can beat us now handily, show them after a beatdown of UNI that the UseD will be used again by the SDSU O line.

Comment

DLine is one of strongest and deepest groups.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            That wasn't the point, they didn't show as well as they needed to on Saturday when the offense struggled. They need a dominant pass rusher, we don't have one. Super solid group that will only get better and plays very solid.

Comment

Asking because I dont recall if we had a sack or got much pressure. Seemed like d line wasnt as effective as they usually are. For deep talented group I was hoping for more in a game like this. O-line probably has been the weakest group. There is talent there but previous years the o-line was generally a strength and it was weaker groups around them.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Asking because I dont recall if we had a sack or got much pressure. Seemed like d line wasnt as effective as they usually are. For deep talented group I was hoping for more in a game like this. O-line probably has been the weakest group. There is talent there but previous years the o-line was generally a strength and it was weaker groups around them.
                3 sacks. Rozeboom, Ward, Hicks.
                7 TFLs.

Comment

3 sacks. Rozeboom, Ward, Hicks.
                  7 TFLs.
                  Thanks I didnt realize it was that much. Then again I didnt get to watch as much as I like. Felt like we contained the run pretty well but didnt think we got to the qb much. Guess I was wrong.

Comment

The part of the defense I was disappointed in were the DB's. Too many holding and PI penalties away from where the ball went. And let too many receivers run open against a team who supposedly had a subpar passing game. The worst may have been in the 4th quarter when ISU had a 2nd and 17 deep in their own territory and a safety let a receiver get behind him for a long gain.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      It was mentioned a few times after Gibbs went down that the Jacks could win with Heide as a game manager. For that to work though, the running game has to be more effective than it was yesterday.. I was disappointed in the offensive line's performance in both run blocking and pass protection. Hopefully they come out next week ready to prove that they are better than what they showed yesterday.

It will be tough to run the ball when you have 5 or 6 guys tryin to block 8 defenders. Without a passing threat we will struggle to run the ball and beat UNI. And unfortunately UNI's front 7 are better than ISUR's were.

Comment

Working...
                      X