Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: ISU Redbirds

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    It wasnt cold today and next weeks game should be about like today. Put more clothes on and its not cold
    Oh sure that simple

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Let see if we can beat uni before we start worrying about a seed.
      Agree regarding discussion of a seed, but UNI is apparently facing issues of their own regarding injuries and lackluster performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
        Disagree. Anytime you cost yourself a bye week and a guaranteed home game in round 2, itnisnt good. And the likelihood that we wouldn't have been fed to Fargo in round 2 as an unseeded team is low.

Also disagree with the folks saying that if we win out a top 8 seed is still likely. It isn't. Had Weber and Sac state lost today, I'd agree that it was still probable with a 9-3 record. Bit the Wildcats and the Hornets didn't lose today.

NDSU and JMU won.

Weber and UNI won or were winning

Sac State won

Montana Won

Central Arkansas lost

Furman won

UNH lost

Nova won

MSU won

If Montana beats Weber next week, both are seeds. If Sac State wins out, they have a seed, along with NDSU and JMU. If furman wins out, they have a seed. ISUr will be in the seed cove if they win out, and they'll have the head to head over us and get it before we do. If Montana State wins out, theyll have a top 10 win (and maybe top 5 win) over montana. The bobcats might get in over us too.

Today's loss was very costly and likely will cost us a seed barring chaos ahead of us.
        I'll have to disagree with you on this one. If we win out, a seed is a very high probability I would say. The only locks right now imo, barring an implosion are:

NDSU
        JMU
        Weber
        Sac St.
        Montana

If SDSU can beat UNI, the other 3 teams could be ISUr, SDSU, and UNI, in that order, which likely means a 7 seed for us. If Furman gets a seed, UNI would be out because UNI would have 3 FCS losses to our 2, and we would have the head to head against them. Granted, that 3rd loss would be to Weber St., but that's why a tough OOC isn't a good thing when it comes to seeding and making the playoffs.

You mentioned Montana St., which is a possibility. I don't know if Furman is a lock for a seed, plus they still have a tough game against Wofford left.

My point is, if we win out, I think it's more likely than not we get a 7 or 8 seed, and it wouldn't take chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          I'll have to disagree with you on this one. If we win out, a seed is a very high probability I would say. The only locks right now imo, barring an implosion are:

NDSU
          JMU
          Weber
          Sac St.
          Montana

If SDSU can beat UNI, the other 3 teams could be ISUr, SDSU, and UNI, in that order, which likely means a 7 seed for us. If Furman gets a seed, UNI would be out because UNI would have 3 FCS losses to our 2, and we would have the head to head against them. Granted, that 3rd loss would be to Weber St., but that's why a tough OOC isn't a good thing when it comes to seeding and making the playoffs.

You mentioned Montana St., which is a possibility. I don't know if Furman is a lock for a seed, plus they still have a tough game against Wofford left.

My point is, if we win out, I think it's more likely than not we get a 7 or 8 seed, and it wouldn't take chaos.
          That's a fair take, but I still would put money on being left out if it comes down to us, MSU, Nova, and Furman. If we win out, we will have a top 5 win over UNI and no other wins over top 25 teams. MSU would have a top 5-10 win over Montana and a top 25 win over SEMO. Nova might end up with two top 25 wins over Towson and Delaware. Depending on how things shake out. Furman was in the Committee's top ten last week and all indications are that they'll be a seed if the win out, which includes a decent win over Wofford. YSU ranking is hurting us a lot right now. SIU might make the playoffs, but they'll be a bubble team. Finally, even though it oukd be ridiculous, Monmouth might get a seed. The last two years in a row the Big South has gotten a seed, and Monmouth would be 10-2. I don't agree with that, but its definitely possible.

Right now, our resume is built on quality losses. And if we beat UNI next week, they aren't going to stay in the top 10. Our resume will include a top 15 win, two top 10 losses, and an FBS loss. An argument can be made that we deserve a 7 or 8 seed, but I'm not sure the Committee will see it that way. November losses hurt more than September losses, so we'll see how things shake up.

Obviously, this is all for nothing if we can't win out. But that's what is so frustrating about this team. We were good enough yesterday to probably win by two scores. Instead, we shoot ourselves in the foot. We were probably good enough to beat NDSU and Minnesota too, but shot ourselves in the foot. We are probably better than UNI and definitely better than USD. But if we don't figure out how to get out of our own way, we're screwed. This team had the talent (especially on D) and ability to be 12-0, which is crazy. They just haven't quite had the execution. The good news is that they've got two more games to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            Once Gibbs went down, our chances of winning a title took a huge nosedive. The offensive line hasn’t been good enough to protect a true freshman. Heide has tried but he looks like a freshman. Can only complete short passes or screens.

USD has a legit shot to win in 2 weeks
            Yeah, that wasn’t Heide who through the dime to Anderson.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              Agreed. There are so many other factors to blame before Heide. He has filled in for Gibbs admirably and has shown great potential.

Comment

I mean yes that was a good throw. But the bar is also very low. Even Stig said at halftime that Heide has played fine “for a freshman.” I think he held onto the ball too long at times. He did start to run more after halftime. But the back breaking turnovers can’t happen and they did. I think Heide did ok but teams are gonna continue to blitz and blitz to force him to beat them.

I do like that he can move around the pocket. However, if the Jacks get behind late, the chances of a great offensive drive aren’t great right now but he will continue to get better with experience.

Comment

It’s happens to best of us. I think u meant threw instead of through. I am a big there man when the i should have used their. Keep up the good work. West side

Comment

Frankly this might not be our year, but have been surprised before such as 1963 basketball team. The 1963 team struggled getting past Nebraska Wesleyan in the regional in the Barn. From that struggle, they became world beaters. Maybe yesterday loss will set the tone for a Naty, who knows. I hope Heide learn a great deal, a good kid.
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 11-10-2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I think Heide has done really well, given the situation. We can win tough games with him back there. We can't beat ourselves though and expect him to lead a comeback.

Comment

It’s happens to best of us. I think u meant threw instead of through. I am a big there man when the i should have used their. Keep up the good work. West side

Comment

The Jacks' kicking game is in an unfortunate slump and a couple of offensive calls might have been debatable. (They would have been great, if they'd worked.) But turnovers are what cost the Jacks the game. I think the Jacks turned the ball over three possessions in a row in the second half. That was killer.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            Agreed. There are so many other factors to blame before Heide. He has filled in for Gibbs admirably and has shown great potential.
                            It was mentioned a few times after Gibbs went down that the Jacks could win with Heide as a game manager. For that to work though, the running game has to be more effective than it was yesterday.. I was disappointed in the offensive line's performance in both run blocking and pass protection. Hopefully they come out next week ready to prove that they are better than what they showed yesterday.

Comment

It's difficult to say that a few plays here or there would be the difference between an average season and a great season. But, the late fumble against the U of Minnesota; the late interception against NDSU and the turnovers of yesterday against a good Illinois State team have certainly had an impact. We have two difficult games ahead of us and it's going to be quite a ride. We fans need to hold onto our hats and the football guys need to hold onto the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                                It's difficult to say that a few plays here or there would be the difference between an average season and a great season. But, the late fumble against the U of Minnesota; the late interception against NDSU and the turnovers of yesterday against a good Illinois State team have certainly had an impact. We have two difficult games ahead of us and it's going to be quite a ride. We fans need to hold onto our hats and the football guys need to hold onto the ball.
                                Hoping the Jacks fans are holding their hats in one hand and tickets in another. Weather forecast for this Sat. is similar to yesterday, and UNI typically has a decently-sized contingent for games in Brookings.

Comment

Working...
                                X