Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Drake Bulldogs

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    If we look at last year's stats for Tylee, we may want to look at early season and late season. There may have been some improvement. I remember some fans who did not care for the play of Ellie Thompson over her years. We should also keep in mind that the coaching staff would put any player in there that has the talent to start ahead of another player. Speaking of stats, who do you think had the most turnovers for the men last year? Also, Drake WBB beats Iowa State on their floor too.
    Tylee is going to be fine, she was awesome the 2nd half of last year.

I loved watching Ellie play and her determination, but she missed an insane amount of bunnies. It drove us nuts, I'll take Paiton any day over Ellie and twice since it's a Sunday. This team will be really good come March, just need some time to get it going.

I'm going to bet some good money that Drake beats USD.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

I loved watching Ellie play and her determination, but she missed an insane amount of bunnies. It drove us nuts, I'll take Paiton any day over Ellie and twice since it's a Sunday. This team will be really good come March, just need some time to get it going.

i agree with your second and third point. Paiton has an amazing ability to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Right ellie did a lot right but missed so many makable shots. After years of maria boever and warkenthein and sunnaborg etc who could finish and make a lot of shots. Ellie just didnt have the touch. Paiton seems to have that touch and ability for sure. I think jury is still out on Tylee. She gets the same flack people gave Lexi Alexander who did a lot of really good things but struggled to shoot. Always seemed like we had a good group of out side shooters and atleast one long range sharp shooter. Robert, young, guebert. This team doesn't seem to have that scoring threat. If the bench had that player they would be on the court a lot.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
          I didn’t realize how talented Drake was until I read a Des Moines newspaper article mentioning how deep and talented Drake is. Ten players back that logged minutes in at least 30 games...big time veteran squad. The Jacks have 6 returning players with those stats. Plus looks like Drake has only one Fr. in their top 10 players. And, Hittner and Rhine are candidates for the 2020 Wade Trophy Award for best player in women’s basketball. Only a handful of Div. 1 teams have 2 players nominated. That’s big reasons they are #1 Mid Major.

Only 8 Jacks played in the game...two were true Fr. Man, someone else has to step up esp. at guard I would say to keep us running the floor. Anyone besides Stapleton available??? Prob. not. We might be gassed before getting to conference games. We may have beaten them on our floor...but it wasn’t on our floor...still great job doing what they did.
          I thought we did really well, considering our best scorers didn't have a particularly good game...Larson didn't get going like usual, Tylee also,but she made some timely big buckets, Sellend, Paiton and Riley had so,so games about what we need from them or close. I was thinking more on the order of these 5 players really increasing their production this year, all 5 players in starting positions who can all score is a pretty potent offense..and with significant help from the bench added....to make up for losing Maddie and Macy ….we have to, …..Drake made it very hard....credit them...glanced briefly at the box score....Tyllee was third in scoring with , ….RCJ... both had 9 pts apiece, we had too many to's and it was really difficult to score on Drake...I guess Maddie and Macy made scoring seem easy last season...we had a chance to win, but not much room for error against a very good Drake. A good game for all the difficulties they threw our way....remember last years opening loss of 50+ to Marquette, and we end up in the sweet 16. Iowa St lost today to the Bulldogs and they were # 23 ranked, so I don't feel too bad losing by 7 while still developing and maturing.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-11-2019, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Absolutely nothing to complain about in that showing.

Good team, on the road, 1st game of the season. Battled them hard.

This Jackrabbits team is going to be good. How good? I don't know, but they are going to be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Right ellie did a lot right but missed so many makable shots. After years of maria boever and warkenthein and sunnaborg etc who could finish and make a lot of shots. Ellie just didnt have the touch. Paiton seems to have that touch and ability for sure. I think jury is still out on Tylee. She gets the same flack people gave Lexi Alexander who did a lot of really good things but struggled to shoot. Always seemed like we had a good group of out side shooters and atleast one long range sharp shooter. Robert, young, guebert. This team doesn't seem to have that scoring threat. If the bench had that player they would be on the court a lot.
              I'm sure we have players offered who can keep this tradition going, it just seemed to occur every season for us , but we recruited them and so were a lot of other teams, the competition for these players is getting very competitive, especially the long range sharp shooters.The trend for us seems to be long athletic players who can move about quickly when they need to, and we've been pretty successful getting them, but we do need the shooters to really get the most from those types too. Agree with you on that. I think over all, our program has steadily progressed , at least has held steady at the minimum and has remained one of the top mid-majors in the nation.

Comment

Working...
              X