SDSU Jackrabbits @ Drake Bulldogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Jackrabbits @ Drake Bulldogs

There will be some hoopla for the game tonight as Drake hangs the 3rd consecutive MVC banner in the arena. The four seniors of team likely expect to provide another this season. 2 of the returning starters bring 38 points per game. Drake also has a string of 3 NCAA appearances which is record as well. I would expect a decent crowd there to eat those $1 hot dogs, $1 popcorn, $1 drinks, and $2.50 pizza slices while enjoying the tip off for 2019-20. This is a salty game for the Jackrabbits to open the season as well. Can the Jackrabbits make it 3 in a row over the Bulldogs? The game is found on ESPN3.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Drake Bulldogs

This will be a really tough test for our young team. Will be interested to see what we are really made of tonight.

Comment

Might as well get their feet wet testing the waters right away, this game will set the stage so to speak ,or at least be a pretty good indictator of how well the OOC goes this season, although, Marquette ,the opener last season was our worst game all year. I'm kind of anxious and excited about the season , but that's a little tempered with a reasonable amount of caution "not to expect too much to soon from a young squad" also. I do think they are capable of being very good, we have the talent, just how fast it develops into consistency and efficiency and the other parameters necessary to become that team.

Comment

Drake is just outside the top-25 in both polls. I'm hoping for the best and expecting something a little south of there tonight. There's a LOT to get ironed out for the Jacks and it would be stunning if we start off anywhere near the level we left off at in March. It will be fun to see the new roles develop in spite of some likely struggles that we might not be used to.

Comment

Excited about this game. Gonna be a tough one for sure. I know some have expressed some concern about the scoring we graduated last year, but I am interested in the other ways we can put the ball in the hoop. This is why you pay your coach what you do.

Comment

These officials are hideous so far. Drake getting every call plus some.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
              These officials are hideous so far. Drake getting every call plus some.

you noticed that too

Comment

Drake is good, and deserving of the accolades they are receiving, my observations so far is we definitely have a much harder time penetrating the paint...miss the outside shooting of M&M's to open it wider underneath, we can't hardly move after getting the pass in....Drake just packing the Paint....also, miss our posts who could switch directions w/o moving their pivot foot,Ellie was a master at it.....might have to send more in for "offensive" rebounds and get our shots that way. We just have too many to's so far....it really hurts when you don't even get a shot, 8 possessions with out getting a single shot is too much...even shooting bad you get some of them to drop....all in all, not surprised and for all our short comings, not playing too badly...I don't think we have to panic, but we have some things to work out yet...will be interesting to review this game footage and come up with some improvements in play, don't think we have to come up with anything drastic as in new strategies etc....way to early to even think of anything like that, just tweaks here and there, and most importantly for the players to get more time on the court with one another.... the point guard transfer they got is very good , and even giving RCJ a little trouble....good pick-up for them to nail down that transfer for them. Still an interesting game with two very good teams, I like watching the Jacks, they aren't boring to watch....a testiment to watching a competitive team play with good skill level competitors....still not too down on the season...Drake is good and will beat a lot of good teams this year

Comment

Could try and avoid Rhine a little more...causing lots of deflections and getting a few blocks on shots....she's good defensively and stays down low mostly

Comment

2-7 from the FT line

Comment

Drake better at taking their shots ...not trying to do too much... just shooting the shots they are comfortable with...it's working out for them to be comfortable with doing what they do best and not deviating from that too much

Comment

Great toughness in the third quarter to cut the lead back down. Some obvious jitters out there but the group of freshmen look promising. If we can stick with Drake on their home court like we did that quarter, we'll be just fine this season.

Comment

little pass happy in a crowd....that usually doesn't end up too well...they collapse really well on the inlet passes, a little slow getting the shot off doesn't help any

Comment

Drake playing tough defense....might be one of the tougher ones we see this season

Comment

go'n right at Rhine not working well so far...she's so hard to score against

Comment

Working...
                              X