Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: MVFC Wk #6 (11-9-19)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,683

    Default MVFC Wk #6 (11-9-19)

    Important games this week. The injury bug has bit -- some teams worse than others.

    Illinois State at SD State; 2:00 pm (My pick: SDSU)
    Missouri State at Southern Illinois; 2:00 p.m. (SIU)
    Youngstown State at USD; 2:00 p.m. (YSU)
    Western Illinois at ND State; 2:30 p.m. (NDSU)
    Indiana State at Northern Iowa; 4:00 p.m. (UNI)

    Standings going in to the weekend:

    Team/Overall/Conference
    NDSU 9-0 5-0
    SDSU 7-2 4-1
    UNI 6-3 4-1
    IL State 6-3 3-2
    SIU 5-4 3-2
    USD 3-6 2-3
    YSU 5-4 1-4
    Indiana State 3-6 1-4
    MSU 1-7 1-4
    WIU 1-8 1-4

    Weather forecast for Brookings: 46 and cloudy. No significant wind. Should be another perfect outdoor football day!
    Last edited by JackJD; 11-08-2019 at 07:38 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SF SD
    Posts
    8,722

    Default Re: MVFC Wk #6 (11-9-19)

    Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    Important games this week. The injury bug has bit -- some teams worse than others.

    Illinois State at SD State; 2:00 pm (My pick: SDSU)
    Missouri State at Southern Illinois; 2:00 p.m. (SIU)
    Youngstown State at USD; 2:00 p.m. (YSU)
    Western Illinois at ND State; 2:30 p.m. (NDSU)
    Indiana State at Northern Iowa; 4:00 p.m. (UNI)

    Standings going in to the weekend:

    Team/Overall/Conference
    NDSU 9-0 5-0
    SDSU 7-2 4-1
    UNI 6-3 4-1
    IL State 6-3 3-2
    SIU 5-4 3-2
    USD 3-6 2-3
    YSU 5-4 1-4
    Indiana State 3-6 1-4
    MSU 1-7 1-4
    WIU 1-8 1-4

    Weather forecast for Brookings: 46 and cloudy. No significant wind. Should be another perfect outdoor football day!
    Indiana State playing a split squad game? not your typical double header but good for them for taking on such a challenging schedule......
    Last edited by JackJD; 11-08-2019 at 07:37 PM.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,683

    Default Re: MVFC Wk #6 (11-9-19)

    Good catch, goon. I fixed the double reference to one of the ISUs.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,683

    Default Re: MVFC Wk #6 (11-9-19)

    Nov 9 scores:

    Illinois State 27, SDSU 18
    MSU 14, SIU 37
    YSU 21, USD 56
    WIU 21 NDSU 57
    Indiana State 9, UNI 17

    MVFC Attendance through Week 6 of MVFC play.
    *= Homecoming


    Home Home
    TEAM 5-Oct 12-Oct 19-Oct 26-Oct 2-Nov 9-Nov Total Average
    IL ST 13,391 *8,510 6,705 28,606 9,535.3
    IN ST *7,243 4,642 4,110 15,995 5,331.7
    MSU 5,784 *6,583 5,108 17,475 5,825.0
    NDSU *18,178 18,252 17,441 53,871 17,957.0
    UNI *10,137 10,201 8,442 28,780 9,593.3
    USD *5,255 4,734 4,561 14,550 4,850.0
    SDSU *13,776 19,371 7,211 40,358 13,452.7
    SIU 5,525 *7,670 4,678 17,873 5,957.7
    WIU *3,149 2,984 1,728 7,861 2,620.3
    YSU *12,381 10,437 11,102 33,920 11,306.7
    MVFC Total 259,289

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,683

    Default Re: MVFC Wk #6 (11-9-19)

    Here's total HOME-FIELD attendance numbers for the MVFC schools through November 9, 2019:

    Home Home
    TEAM 31-Aug 7-Sep 14-Sep 21-Sep 28-Sep 5-Oct 12-Oct 19-Oct 26-Oct 2-Nov 9-Nov Total Average
    IL ST 11,256 9,891 13,391 8,510 6,705 49,753 9,950.6
    IN ST 4,950 4,416 6,216 7,243 4,642 4,110 31,577 5,262.8
    MSU 11,421 5,784 6,583 5,108 28,896 7,224.0
    NDSU Note 1 18,923 18,425 18,178 18,252 17,441 91,219 18,243.8
    UNI 9,241 8,339 10,137 10,201 8,442 46,360 9,272.0
    USD 5,193 5,077 5,255 4,734 4,561 24,820 4,964.0
    SDSU 10,153 11,565 14,269 13,776 19,371 7,211 76,345 12,724.2
    SIU 8,983 5,525 7,670 4,678 26,856 6,714.0
    WIU 4,728 1,594 3,149 2,984 1,728 14,183 2,836.6
    YSU 12,390 15,991 12,659 12,381 10,437 11,102 74,960 12,493.3
    Note1: Only home-field games. NDSU played at at Target Field

  6. #6

    Default Re: MVFC Wk #6 (11-9-19)

    Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    Here's total HOME-FIELD attendance numbers for the MVFC schools through November 9, 2019:

    Home Home
    TEAM 31-Aug 7-Sep 14-Sep 21-Sep 28-Sep 5-Oct 12-Oct 19-Oct 26-Oct 2-Nov 9-Nov Total Average
    IL ST 11,256 9,891 13,391 8,510 6,705 49,753 9,950.6
    IN ST 4,950 4,416 6,216 7,243 4,642 4,110 31,577 5,262.8
    MSU 11,421 5,784 6,583 5,108 28,896 7,224.0
    NDSU Note 1 18,923 18,425 18,178 18,252 17,441 91,219 18,243.8
    UNI 9,241 8,339 10,137 10,201 8,442 46,360 9,272.0
    USD 5,193 5,077 5,255 4,734 4,561 24,820 4,964.0
    SDSU 10,153 11,565 14,269 13,776 19,371 7,211 76,345 12,724.2
    SIU 8,983 5,525 7,670 4,678 26,856 6,714.0
    WIU 4,728 1,594 3,149 2,984 1,728 14,183 2,836.6
    YSU 12,390 15,991 12,659 12,381 10,437 11,102 74,960 12,493.3
    Note1: Only home-field games. NDSU played at at Target Field
    For the crowd that says if we build a dome our attendance will magically get better why are we averaging more attendance per game than UNI who has a dome in a lot larger metro area. Even if you take out the NDSU game we are still averaging 2000 more people per game then them.

  7. #7

    Default Re: MVFC Wk #6 (11-9-19)

    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina010 View Post
    For the crowd that says if we build a dome our attendance will magically get better why are we averaging more attendance per game than UNI who has a dome in a lot larger metro area. Even if you take out the NDSU game we are still averaging 2000 more people per game then them.
    Iowa, Iowa State might have something to do with it. UNI is at a disadvantage with 2 FBS schools in the state.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,683

    Default Re: MVFC Wk #6 (11-9-19)

    Iowa and Iowa State have been constants...UNI’s attendance has been dropping. It may be the case that UNI winning overrides the “influence” of Iowa and Iowa State on UNI attendance.

    I think each school's attendance issues may be unique. One would think that putting a great product on the field would go a long way in solving attendance concerns. But, we're putting a very good product on the field. I guess the marketing guys will be earning their keep and in the meantime, I'll keep showing up and having a great time on Saturdays in Brookings.

    [With apologies to Tolstoy]. All schools with full stadiums are alike; each school having attendance issues is unhappy in its own way. ��
    Last edited by JackJD; 11-11-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •