• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Peru State

Peru State coach ejected. Wtf

Comment

I live 12 miles from Peru, NE. Wife works there as the Distance Education Coordinator. Never heard of it either until I moved down here.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        https://twitter.com/cappinhard/statu...103322624?s=21

Comment

Boring!!!!!!
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            It certainly would be in the running for dumb**s move of the year for a coach. If there is a disciplinary action for dumb**s moves, this would also qualify for that too. The only question is why it took so long for the referees to show him the locker room.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It would sure be nice to hit some open 3's early in the game... they were there.

Wingett got some more time, and took advantage. Finally ended the 3 point drought... but looked generally more aggressive, had a nice coast to coast bucket in the 2nd half.

Was good to see Buchanon get time in the first half... I agree he took advantage. He looks pretty good.

Good to see the coaches tinkering with the lineups.

Slow start, but they pulled away to win by 28, and honestly... they cleared the bench pretty early... good game for the guys to get some PT against an opponent.

Comment

This team is quick, athletic and fun. While we have gone through spurts of frustrating basketball I think this will be a fun season to watch. While the 3 ball is not going to be as prominent as years past we will see way more dunks and I think eventually more team basketball as well. Looks like a great group of guys!

Comment

There has clearly been an early emphasis on defense, rebounding, and pounding the ball inside to the two bigs, especially early in games. As a result there haven't been a ton of threes even attempted, let alone great looks. When Dentligner comes out the offense has spread out a bit more, especially in transition, and you've seen Wingett start to get and make good looks. I think it's been a great mix so far and the team is showing they can play multiple ways offensively. I'm excited to see how they continue to evolve as the season goes along. It was also cool to see the potential "lineup of the future" with Scheierman, Freidel, Arians, Wingett, and Wilson/Dentlinger on the floor together in 2nd half last night. That could be a tough lineup next year as these guys get more experience.

Comment

Tyler mentioned later in the broadcast that Fiegen had some health issues a while ago and had brain surgery 2 months ago. Anyone know anything about that or has this been discussed in some other thread?

Comment

Originally posted by blue? View Post
                      There has clearly been an early emphasis on defense, rebounding, and pounding the ball inside to the two bigs, especially early in games. As a result there haven't been a ton of threes even attempted, let alone great looks. When Dentligner comes out the offense has spread out a bit more, especially in transition, and you've seen Wingett start to get and make good looks. I think it's been a great mix so far and the team is showing they can play multiple ways offensively. I'm excited to see how they continue to evolve as the season goes along. It was also cool to see the potential "lineup of the future" with Scheierman, Freidel, Arians, Wingett, and Wilson/Dentlinger on the floor together in 2nd half last night. That could be a tough lineup next year as these guys get more experience.
                      They’ve fired 40 threes through two games. Not sure what your definition of ton is but that seems like quite a few to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
                        Tyler mentioned later in the broadcast that Fiegen had some health issues a while ago and had brain surgery 2 months ago. Anyone know anything about that or has this been discussed in some other thread?
                        I think this is about all anybody has said or knows.

Comment

It may seem like quite a few to you, but not when comparing it to the rest of D1. Last year's team averaged 24.6 3-point fga's per game (down from 26.8 in 2017-2018) which ranked 81st out of 353 teams. As you pointed out, this year's team is only averaging 20 attempts through these first two games, and I would say that number is skewed high as good sized chunk of the 23 attempts last night came in the second half when the game was out of reach. Using last years numbers, 20.0 3-point fga's per game would rank them 270th, and if you use the 17 attempts they had against UTRGV (which I think its more representative of the style they seem to want to play) that would drop them to 342/353.

Comment

Originally posted by blue? View Post
                            It may seem like quite a few to you, but not when comparing it to the rest of D1. Last year's team averaged 24.6 3-point fga's per game (down from 26.8 in 2017-2018) which ranked 81st out of 353 teams. As you pointed out, this year's team is only averaging 20 attempts through these first two games, and I would say that number is skewed high as good sized chunk of the 23 attempts last night came in the second half when the game was out of reach. Using last years numbers, 20.0 3-point fga's per game would rank them 270th, and if you use the 17 attempts they had against UTRGV (which I think its more representative of the style they seem to want to play) that would drop them to 342/353.
                            Good post. Was trying to figure out where 20/game would put us, but couldn't find the right info. Thanks for the context.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              Good post. Was trying to figure out where 20/game would put us, but couldn't find the right info. Thanks for the context.
                              Fwiw, NDSU has fired 53 through 2 games and made 16 of them. North Florida is in first place after 2 games with 71 3 pt attempts, which is NUTS.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                                I think this is about all anybody has said or knows.
                                I think it has to do with seizures. Mild or severe or any more details I don't know. But it is something he's been dealing with since he got to SDSU. Hopefully they got things figured out!

Comment

Working...
                                X