Peru State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peru State

In case you are like me, and know nothing of Peru State.

https://pscbobcats.com/news/2019/10/...px?path=mbball

How I have been a basketball fan, in South Dakota, for all these years, and I can't even remember hearing the name "Peru State"? Selective Amnesia I guess.

Looks like they will be a tougher challenge than Mount Marty. But still an NAIA school.

Looks like they have a lot of transfers on their team.

Re: Peru State

I've known about Peru for a long time. Went there a few times for FB and BB games when my dads radio station, KYNT (he sold it in 1974 or so) carried Yankton College games. Heard the great Hod Nielson call a lot of games.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
      In case you are like me, and know nothing of Peru State.

https://pscbobcats.com/news/2019/10/...px?path=mbball

How I have been a basketball fan, in South Dakota, for all these years, and I can't even remember hearing the name "Peru State"? Selective Amnesia I guess.

Looks like they will be a tougher challenge than Mount Marty. But still an NAIA school.

Looks like they have a lot of transfers on their team.
      14 of 21 rostered players are Transfers, to be specific. That is A LOT.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

If anyone wants my 2 season tickets tonight for free dm me and I'll leave them at will call for you

Section CC

Comment

PM sent.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Either I'm missing it, or this game isn't on any platform outside of SDSU's own?
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Early minutes, a nice drive for a bucket and good hustle for Wingett. 14-14 @ 11:48.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Either I'm missing it, or this game isn't on any platform outside of SDSU's own?
                yep, nothing espn or espn+ that I can find.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Jacks can't buy anything from the perimeter again. Going to have to fix that before playing better teams.

Comment

I think I am having flashbacks to the transition years with the scoring in this game. Some of those nagy teams would score 20-25 a half it seemed all the time and 45-50 to end the game would be nice to see some 3s against a naia school.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Jacks can't buy anything from the perimeter again. Going to have to fix that before playing better teams.
                      you mean 10% shooting isn't going to cut it?

I think this might be one of those growing pain games. where we win but feels like a loss. this team just needs to play and figure out roles and who is going to play so hopefully at the end of the season it looks much different then it does right now. we have seen that with Otz first year and some of Nagys teams in the past.

Comment

Wingett hits two 3’s to end the cold spell!

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post
                          Wingett hits two 3’s to end the cold spell!
                          This kid is a prolific scorer. We will be fine.

Comment

Finally had a Buchanon siting - was starting to wonder if he was in the doghouse. He looked good in the 5 minutes he got.

Comment

These exhibition games are never particularly pretty. I can’t remember the last time one featured an amazing SDSU performance. However, tonight we’re up 14 after the coldest shooting start one could imagine.

The SDSU offensive rebounding has been the most impressive thing for me. Wingett looks really aggressive, Dentlinger again was impressive and Wilson continues to show up.

Comment

Working...
                              X