GDT-UTRGV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT-UTRGV

Time for basketball that counts. UTRGV picked to finish fourth in the WAC, sandwiched between Seattle and Cal Baptist. Don't even have to tell you that New Mexico State and Grand Canyon lead the polling and UMKC and Chicago State bring up the tail.

Re: GDT-UTRGV

We're favored by 5... You would have to be crazy to bet this game with the amount of unknowns going into this one.

*Promptly submits bet to bookie.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and read the blue box on page 2 of the game notes, it's got some good stuff in it... https://gojacks.com/documents/2019/1..._1.pdf?id=9607

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        We're favored by 5... You would have to be crazy to bet this game with the amount of unknowns going into this one.

*Promptly submits bet to bookie.
        Tbh, it's crazy that we're favored considering we return 16.9 percent of our scoring, which is the second-lowest in the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          Tbh, it's crazy that we're favored considering we return 16.9 percent of our scoring, which is the second-lowest in the nation.
          I don't think it's that crazy we are something like 106-7 at Frost in the last few years. It's not like we are double digit favorites and our opponent isn't exactly a world beater. We have the reigning juco national player of the year and a transfer from Memphis.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
            Do yourself a favor and read the blue box on page 2 of the game notes, it's got some good stuff in it... https://gojacks.com/documents/2019/1..._1.pdf?id=9607
            This is great! I had to insert it for anyone too lazy to click your link:

SOUTH DAKOTA STATE JACKRABBITS: Please call us South Dakota State or SDSU. Please do not call us San Diego State, SDST or SDS, and please, never call us South Dakota. What’s the difference? Great Question. Calling us “South Dakota” is like calling Arizona State, “Arizona,” or Ohio State, “Ohio.” Again, calling South Dakota State “San Diego State” is just not cool, so please don’t do it. Also, Jackrabbits is one word, not Jack Rabbits or JackRabbits. Our jackrabbit mascot is modeled after a real species of rabbit, not a rabbit named Jack.Technically speaking, a jackrabbit is a hare, but let’s not get technical. Calling us the Jacks is an acceptable second reference.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              I don't think it's that crazy we are something like 106-7 at Frost in the last few years. It's not like we are double digit favorites and our opponent isn't exactly a world beater. We have the reigning juco national player of the year and a transfer from Memphis.
              I get it, and being at Frost is a huge advantage, but that home record is so lopsided mainly because we've had a run of really good teams. We have no idea what this team will be like this year.

Comment

Super excited for this game and to see how the new squad looks vs a decent d1 opponent. Interested to see who all plays. Get this season started right! 1-0

Go Jacks

Comment

I know they have a really good guard that will give us trouble. Other than that, it will be a very good test to see where our team sits early in the year. I for one am looking forward to be there tonight.

Comment

This available to watch anywhere other than the Jacks paid TV thing?
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

ESPN+
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                        ESPN+
                        Dope, thanks.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          I know they have a really good guard that will give us trouble. Other than that, it will be a very good test to see where our team sits early in the year. I for one am looking forward to be there tonight.
                          We will have an early test for the guards and the ball movement into the offense. These Vaqueros might be the quick and testy.
                          https://www.utrgv.edu/newsroom/2019/...als-mascot.htm
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Nothing like ALL wild cards to start a season. Even the guys who played last year a little like Arians will be wild cards in new roles and asked to do much more. No idea what to expect with an extremely wide range of outcomes tonight and the whole season for that matter. I’d feel very fortunate to get a win tonight.

Comment

watched Coach Hendo's little thing on Youtube.

Sounds like they pressure the ball, and get a lot of turnovers.

Going to be an important game for the guards.

Agree that this will be a good test. Not an easy win, at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X