Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ISUr week

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    No, it doesn't bother me. Like many other season-ticket holders, I recognize that the purchase of a good seat is also an investment in the well-being of the program. I hope the Jacks sell hundreds of discounted tickets. It would make the game atmosphere even more fun.
    My feelings too!

Comment

we stopped getting season tickets when DJD stadium was built, basically a few reasons. The cost of the season tickets was more then at CAS. also we have more kids, and another seat adds to that cost.....baby #4 will be here in a month so that would be 6 of us, even with a new born getting 5 season tickets is a lot. kids are busier with activities and its hard to make that many games. I am in grad school so I have even less free time then a few years ago. finally, we generally know what games we are going to go to well in advance so when tickets go on sale we buy them early to make sure we get good seats and don't always wait for the deals, but it seems to work better for us now. If it was still CAS and seating was a premium to get on the east side, maybe would have kept them, but now we can get tickets as needed either side is a good experience so it just works better for us now.

Hopefully in the future we can get the season tickets. I know my kids miss going to the games but its hard to explain to an 8 and 5 year old that going to sdsu games, and their activities often over lap and can only choose one. That's one nice thing with games on TV. we can still watch it or my parents DVR it and we just have a watch party and start the game late but the kids don't realize that so it works.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The stadium is large enough to handle all season ticket holders, students and, with exception of the Bison game, provide opportunity for walk up sales on game day. We could average the capacity attendance of the Fargo Dome and still provide walk up opportunities. This is a good thing.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Last year of Coughlin, season tickets were $150/seat. 6 total games.
          This year the corner sections of Dana J Dykhouse Stadium season tickets $125/seat. 7 total games

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            we stopped getting season tickets when DJD stadium was built, basically a few reasons. The cost of the season tickets was more then at CAS. also we have more kids, and another seat adds to that cost.....baby #4 will be here in a month so that would be 6 of us, even with a new born getting 5 season tickets is a lot. kids are busier with activities and its hard to make that many games. I am in grad school so I have even less free time then a few years ago. finally, we generally know what games we are going to go to well in advance so when tickets go on sale we buy them early to make sure we get good seats and don't always wait for the deals, but it seems to work better for us now. If it was still CAS and seating was a premium to get on the east side, maybe would have kept them, but now we can get tickets as needed either side is a good experience so it just works better for us now.

Hopefully in the future we can get the season tickets. I know my kids miss going to the games but its hard to explain to an 8 and 5 year old that going to sdsu games, and their activities often over lap and can only choose one. That's one nice thing with games on TV. we can still watch it or my parents DVR it and we just have a watch party and start the game late but the kids don't realize that so it works.
            Family is a huge priority, put them first in your life. You will never regret especially fifty years down the road when you need them.
            Last edited by Nidaros; 11-08-2019, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              My feelings too!
              I agree with sentiment of other season ticket holders, although as I've said before, I'm curious about whether marginal aggregate price reductions could increase sustained ticket sales and reduce need for larger price reductions to spur demand.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                Generally speaking, I am not bitter that there is an effort to bring more fans to the games. I like my seat location and I like to watch good football at the FCS level. It is like concert tickets for me in that I could care less about nearly all concerts and it would need to be free or really cheap for me to attend. I would be content to have poor seats if I made it to the event. I could probably buy Augie or USF tickets cheaper, but I do not want to go watch them either. Although, if a few people get an interest via discounted tickets....I think that is great. If the Jackrabbit season tickets do not fit the budget, I think it is a good thing for them to get those last minute deals too. Those may be the ones who get to the game and straight home rather than tailgate and spend much at concessions. BitsTD, why are you not a season ticket holder? There are many reasons, but marketing may need your demographic to address.
                Can't disagree with much of your post, but your mention of Augie and USF is one crux of it for me in that I wonder how many prospective Jack backers forego trips to Brookings in favor of events in Sioux Falls AND what price point they would consider so compelling they wouldn't pass up a trip to Brookings.

I think we need to realize that despite our devotion to Jacks' athletics, many of the folks we're seeking to entice likely view Jacks sports ticket rates in the manner you and I seem to view concert ticket prices.

Comment

For every game I attend I drive over 800 total miles and typically have motel and restaurant charges on my credit card. The ticket price is nominal. I really don't care how much they reduce them to sell the ones that are left.
                  Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

I have season tickets on the 35 yard line on the East side and really enjoy the group we have around us. The ticket specials they have going on, 2 tickets for $20 or family packs etc, are in corner locations where the season ticket price is $125. They are not harming season ticket holders by offering discounted tickets in those areas IMO. Also, they are offering all season ticket holders a $15 ticket in any section they want for this weekend and next weekend which is nice. I hope they can do that all year next year or some sort of reduced rate all season for season ticket holders.

Comment

Back to the game at hand, ISUr has a massive O Line. I'm curious to see if the Jack's do to their O line the same as what they did to the Minnesota O Line, which was also very large and pretty slow. I think ISUr is a bubble playoff team that has the capability to beat a top 5 team on the right day. This will be a good test.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Last year of Coughlin, season tickets were $150/seat. 6 total games.
                        This year the corner sections of Dana J Dykhouse Stadium season tickets $125/seat. 7 total games
                        We went to the east side for this reason - to keep the prices similar to what we paid at CAS. And because we have a lot of small kids in our group of 11 season ticket holders so this gives them the freedom to move around in our section outside of marquee games. There really isn't a bad seat in the house and we love where we are at for the price we pay. Being able to tailgate 200 feet form the main entrance of the stadium (Library Lot) doesn't hurt either. They could sell tickets for $1 for these late games and it wouldn't change my mindset at all regarding purchasing season tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          We went to the east side for this reason - to keep the prices similar to what we paid at CAS. And because we have a lot of small kids in our group of 11 season ticket holders so this gives them the freedom to move around in our section outside of marquee games. There really isn't a bad seat in the house and we love where we are at for the price we pay. Being able to tailgate 200 feet form the main entrance of the stadium (Library Lot) doesn't hurt either. They could sell tickets for $1 for these late games and it wouldn't change my mindset at all regarding purchasing season tickets.
                          That's probably what we will do when we look to get season tickets again.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Any info on the status of Wilson, Harris or Genant this weekend
                            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              That's probably what we will do when we look to get season tickets again.
                              If you sit in the naughty section (in front of the Visitor section) there is no seat donation(fee) and that is why we sit there. also kids and adults can be rowdy and it's no big deal. I agree with BTown I don't care if they give deals to people late in the season as long as I can buy extras at that same price. Let's just get more butts in the seats with more regularity. WE're trying to do our part in that.

Comment

Have heard that Nelson didn't practice this week. So we have 2 healthy QB's and both are freshman. Does anyone have any inside info on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X