ISUr week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISUr week

Cheap tickets available from FCA. Tell everyone you think might be interested in going. Especially the people that say games are too expensive. We need to fill it again.

https://twitter.com/jackrabbitfca/st...673881090?s=21

Re: ISUr week

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Cheap tickets available from FCA. Tell everyone you think might be interested in going. Especially the people that say games are too expensive. We need to fill it again.

https://twitter.com/jackrabbitfca/st...673881090?s=21
    Ticket office emailed me on 10/17 about $10 tickets for last two home games in Sections 208, 200, 124, & 115. Not sure if they still have tickets available, but the contact was Jake Denault at (605) 688-4928.

Comment

Big game this weekend. Need to at least win 1 of 2 between ISU and UNI.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Big game this weekend. Need to at least win 1 of 2 between ISU and UNI.
        Disagree. I feel we need to win both.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

The team will say: 1-0 this coming weekend. After that, we can talk about 1-0 the next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            The team will say: 1-0 this coming weekend. After that, we can talk about 1-0 the next weekend.
            I agree. We have to go 1-0 this weekend and 1-0 next weekend. Then we will probably need to look at 1-0 the last weekend.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

The preview for Illinois State is ready. This game is going to be a battle. ISU's defense is big and physical. They already blitz from all levels but I can't imagine what they may be cooking up for Heide.

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ois-state.html
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                The preview for Illinois State is ready. This game is going to be a battle. ISU's defense is big and physical. They already blitz from all levels but I can't imagine what they may be cooking up for Heide.

https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...ois-state.html
                Good stuff.

It's going to be a defensive battle, for sure.

Hopefully the Jackrabbits can get the running game going, to loosen up their defense. They will blitz a lot, and from all over.

The key for the Jackrabbits Defense will be stopping the running game. That tailback is a stud, and I like our chances if they are forced to throw a lot.

This game has me nervous. Going to be a good test for young Heide.

Comment

Great test for Heide but also a huge opportunity. If he plays well, it will send a message to the rest of the FCS that the Jacks are still for real. I’m sure Eck would like to limit Heide to about 20 pass attempts again and I’m sure we will see more of the Wild-Jack formation. It’s all about stopping the run. We have done a pretty good job on Robinson in the past if I remember right. Force Davis to pass and I’m looking forward to seeing what the opportunistic secondary can do.

Comment

Stig said on his radio show that Wes Genant and Marshon Harris will play on Saturday. Plans are to play them in only 4 games and preserve another year of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Stig said on his radio show that Wes Genant and Marshon Harris will play on Saturday. Plans are to play them in only 4 games and preserve another year of eligibility.
                      So I assume (I know what assuming gets us) that they will both play against ISuR and UNI, then possibly sit until deeper in the playoffs (quarters or later)? Otherwise this makes no sense.

Makes a high seed and bye even more important.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Good for them. I would almost guarantee that this is Genants and Harris's decision and not the coaching staffs. And I say that if I was them I would do the same thing. Get to play some this year (and hopefully wisely choose the games that they will be most needed in) and still get an entire extra year of football. Play Genant in the games that the opposing d-lines are a strength and Harris in games against good passing teams. Not sure is ISuR is a good game to play harris. Save him for Uni and Usd who's passing attacks are much more potent. Play Genant against ISuR and Uni and sit against Usd. Hopefully our first round playoff game is against a team we should easily handle and sit in that game too and go from there

Comment

A couple of interesting finds for ISU. They were a wreck in the 4th qt last weekend. Here are their drive summaries for the 4th.

1 play, INT returned to 8yd line
                          1 play, Fmbl returned to 24 yd line
                          2 play, INT returned to 21 yd line
                          4 plays, game over.

Another thing, since playing N. Arizona, they haven't topped 180 yards passing in a single game. If we stop the run, we win. Our offense needs to get up a couple scores so that they have to pass the ball.

One other thing. Stig mentioned the hot/cold of ISU's sacks. They have 33 on the season. However, 20 came in the non-conference season. 9 of the 13 MVFC sacks came against SIU and 3 against WIU. They have zero sacks the last two weeks against Ind St and UNI.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

What’s the status of CJ Wilson
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

The only thing that has me worried about this game is the "bounce back" element for ISUr. They really need a win here to lock up a playoff spot, and the loss last week should add another level of focus for this Saturdays game.

With that being said, I think their offensive strength plays right into the Jack's defensive strength. I expect this to be low scoring, at least until the 4th quarter. The difference in the game will come down to ISUr's ability to pass, and Heide's ability to control the ball I think. We can't just run it every play and expect to win, but if we sprinkle in some passing and give him safer/high percentage throws, I think our O will have more success than their O. If our D comes out flat and is poor at tackling, we could be in for a YSU 2017 type game. This is a big test, but I think we have the horses to pull it out.

I'll go 24-9 Jack's, with a late TD to seal it.

Comment

Working...
                              X