Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ISUr week

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Using select billboards to promote Jacks' games (like this one) is a great idea. But I wonder how many discount tickets to games you would have to sell just to cover the cost of renting the signs. Billboards aren't cheap. Social media is cheap. That's largely why organizations use it so much.
    I like the Jacks's chances Saturday. Any injuries fans should be worried about?

Find some farmers along some of the major highways that support the jackrabbits. They can put up some large signs, I’m guessing. Even in politically charged California, where I live, farmers are allowed to put up large signs supporting athletic teams, and a number of things. They seem to change or add signs quite often.

Comment

Originally posted by 73alum View Post
      Find some farmers along some of the major highways that support the jackrabbits. They can put up some large signs, I’m guessing. Even in politically charged California, where I live, farmers are allowed to put up large signs supporting athletic teams, and a number of things. They seem to change or add signs quite often.
      It isn't an advertising issue. There is plenty of awareness. ISUr just isn't enough of a draw for this fanbase to show up in the numbers the Jackrabbits deserve. We have to sell "Joe Fan" on the gameday experience and not who the opponent is that week. Give folks a reason to spend their money and, more importantly, their time at the game.

As far as the game goes, I am excited to see how Heide looks after another week of prep.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        This year's was a lot more sunny and it looked great. By the time the sun is low enough in the West, it's blocked by the large West side grandstand, so it's not an issue at all.

https://youtu.be/a7zE8dyVMBU
        Fwiw, I replied to a midco tweet that showed the West side of the stadium and mentioned how that should be the side that's shown during the broadcast. If anyone else would like to see the change too, it probably wouldn't hurt to let them know you feel the same way.

Comment

I am curious.

I am not a season ticket holder. Are any of you that are season ticket holders upset that discounted tickets are now available at a presumably cheaper rate than what you paid for back in the summer? Are you going to reconsider doing season tickets if the trend of late season discounted tickets continues or are you looking at it as a donation and money well spent?

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
            I am curious.

I am not a season ticket holder. Are any of you that are season ticket holders upset that discounted tickets are now available at a presumably cheaper rate than what you paid for back in the summer? Are you going to reconsider doing season tickets if the trend of late season discounted tickets continues or are you looking at it as a donation and money well spent?
            Generally speaking, I am not bitter that there is an effort to bring more fans to the games. I like my seat location and I like to watch good football at the FCS level. It is like concert tickets for me in that I could care less about nearly all concerts and it would need to be free or really cheap for me to attend. I would be content to have poor seats if I made it to the event. I could probably buy Augie or USF tickets cheaper, but I do not want to go watch them either. Although, if a few people get an interest via discounted tickets....I think that is great. If the Jackrabbit season tickets do not fit the budget, I think it is a good thing for them to get those last minute deals too. Those may be the ones who get to the game and straight home rather than tailgate and spend much at concessions. BitsTD, why are you not a season ticket holder? There are many reasons, but marketing may need your demographic to address.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I am curious.

Nah, not upset. As you mentioned, donation/money well spent are a couple reasons. I really like where I sit and don't want to lose my spot.

Comment

I am curious.

We shouldn't be too upset. The overall value of the tickets is probably still lower as a season ticket holder. Plus having guaranteed good seats for the high profile games (USD/NDSU) every year is a huge benefit. It is also nice to have the same folks around you every game.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  BitsTD, why are you not a season ticket holder?
                  A couple reasons.

The main one being other than the Dakota Marker game I know I can always walk up to the window and get a ticket/tickets if I need. I was worried two years ago that I wasn't gonna make it into the Marker game so when they opened up extra tickets to the season ticket holders I had a buddy get me four.
                  For a while the company I work for advertised at the stadium and we would get free tickets. Or we would round up tickets that were available in the backyard and sit in the visitors section regardless of where the assigned seats are.
                  Sometimes I never know how many people to buy tickets for. My son, FIL, & I are the only ones that consistently go to the games (and we have been to all this year). Daughters and wife maybe 2 or 3 times a year. Son usually brings a buddy with.

Sorry to ramble. I guess the short of it is season tickets aren't a priority to me as long as walk up tickets are available.

Comment

I am curious.

I feel it is money well spent. I feel much the same way as the other 2 guys. I really like where we sit and don't want to lose our seats. Jacks FB is one of the few things that I do for fun. Whatever is needed to help grow the fan base and get more people in the stadium. I would like to see more Jacks fans in our section/area!

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                      I feel it is money well spent. I feel much the same way as the other 2 guys. I really like where we sit and don't want to lose our seats. Jacks FB is one of the few things that I do for fun. Whatever is needed to help grow the fan base and get more people in the stadium. I would like to see more Jacks fans in our section/area!
                      Agree w/ everyone else's responses. If we are going to have a top notch program any finances I can contribute is ok with me. We need more season ticket holders.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Agree w/ everyone else's responses. If we are going to have a top notch program any finances I can contribute is ok with me. We need more season ticket holders.
                        Honestly, if I could swing it I would ideally have 10 season tickets and bring new people to games every week to show them how much fun we have and how good the football is.

Comment

I am curious.
                          No, it doesn't bother me. Like many other season-ticket holders, I recognize that the purchase of a good seat is also an investment in the well-being of the program. I hope the Jacks sell hundreds of discounted tickets. It would make the game atmosphere even more fun.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

I am curious.

When you buy into the premium seating for a ten year commitment at $750, I dont worry what the Athletic department does with the rest of the tickets. I got a 50 yard seat, so I am happy. I really dont care what they charge for the rest of the seats. So Nah, it does not bother me that they discount the tickets

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              I, too, agree with all of the prior responses and in particular, the above in bold.

Comment

I agree with all the other season ticket holder responses. I'm just disappointed I can't convince more people to take advantage of these specials.
                                Is it Saturday yet? Roll Damn Rabbits!

Comment

Working...
                                X