Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ISUr week

Default Re: ISUr week

I suspect sun glare would become a significant factor if TV cameras were to shoot games from the east side looking west. Midco probably wouldn't like that.
    This space for lease.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    I suspect sun glare would become a significant factor if TV cameras were to shoot games from the east side looking west. Midco probably wouldn't like that.
    No Midco would not like that nor would I watching from my living room. The crowd size is what it is, and what it shows is what it shows.

Or start initiative for the fans attending move to the east side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    I still think one of the single best things they could do is show the games from the east side. Right now, Midco games on Saturday are our most visible marketing tool, and there's a lot to be desired. Shown from the east side, even a late November game with 9k people will look well attended and fun to be at and might convince others that they're missing out.

Back to the game at hand: I don't think ISUr is a great team this year, but I think they are probably the third best team we've played to to date at this point in the season. We lost to the other two best teams on our schedule, so this would be a huge game for Heide to pick up another win.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Again, the Marker game has been filmed entirely from the east side by KLVY in 2017 and 2019. 2019 was very sunny and there was no glare. The sun glare should not be an issue. Both games are up on YouTube and are a good visual for what each home game could look like on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    Again, the Marker game has been filmed entirely from the east side by KLVY in 2017 and 2019. 2019 was very sunny and there was no glare. The sun glare should not be an issue. Both games are up on YouTube and are a good visual for what each home game could look like on TV.
    This year's was a lot more sunny and it looked great. By the time the sun is low enough in the West, it's blocked by the large West side grandstand, so it's not an issue at all.

https://youtu.be/a7zE8dyVMBU

Using select billboards to promote Jacks' games (like this one) is a great idea. But I wonder how many discount tickets to games you would have to sell just to cover the cost of renting the signs. Billboards aren't cheap. Social media is cheap. That's largely why organizations use it so much.
    I like the Jacks's chances Saturday. Any injuries fans should be worried about?

Find some farmers along some of the major highways that support the jackrabbits. They can put up some large signs, Iím guessing. Even in politically charged California, where I live, farmers are allowed to put up large signs supporting athletic teams, and a number of things. They seem to change or add signs quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by 73alum View Post
    Find some farmers along some of the major highways that support the jackrabbits. They can put up some large signs, Iím guessing. Even in politically charged California, where I live, farmers are allowed to put up large signs supporting athletic teams, and a number of things. They seem to change or add signs quite often.
    It isn't an advertising issue. There is plenty of awareness. ISUr just isn't enough of a draw for this fanbase to show up in the numbers the Jackrabbits deserve. We have to sell "Joe Fan" on the gameday experience and not who the opponent is that week. Give folks a reason to spend their money and, more importantly, their time at the game.

As far as the game goes, I am excited to see how Heide looks after another week of prep.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    This year's was a lot more sunny and it looked great. By the time the sun is low enough in the West, it's blocked by the large West side grandstand, so it's not an issue at all.

https://youtu.be/a7zE8dyVMBU
    Fwiw, I replied to a midco tweet that showed the West side of the stadium and mentioned how that should be the side that's shown during the broadcast. If anyone else would like to see the change too, it probably wouldn't hurt to let them know you feel the same way.

I am curious.

I am not a season ticket holder. Are any of you that are season ticket holders upset that discounted tickets are now available at a presumably cheaper rate than what you paid for back in the summer? Are you going to reconsider doing season tickets if the trend of late season discounted tickets continues or are you looking at it as a donation and money well spent?

Quote Originally Posted by BitsTD View Post
    I am curious.

I am not a season ticket holder. Are any of you that are season ticket holders upset that discounted tickets are now available at a presumably cheaper rate than what you paid for back in the summer? Are you going to reconsider doing season tickets if the trend of late season discounted tickets continues or are you looking at it as a donation and money well spent?
    Generally speaking, I am not bitter that there is an effort to bring more fans to the games. I like my seat location and I like to watch good football at the FCS level. It is like concert tickets for me in that I could care less about nearly all concerts and it would need to be free or really cheap for me to attend. I would be content to have poor seats if I made it to the event. I could probably buy Augie or USF tickets cheaper, but I do not want to go watch them either. Although, if a few people get an interest via discounted tickets....I think that is great. If the Jackrabbit season tickets do not fit the budget, I think it is a good thing for them to get those last minute deals too. Those may be the ones who get to the game and straight home rather than tailgate and spend much at concessions. BitsTD, why are you not a season ticket holder? There are many reasons, but marketing may need your demographic to address.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife