• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: @ MSU Bears

Nice start for the Keaton Heide era.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Great game by Heidi, although there is plenty for the Jacks to clean up. The fumbles and penalties when in the scoring area need to stop. The defense played great again besides the one long TD run. Good day so far with the blue winning and the red losing, now if only the green would lose that would make it great. Roll Damn Rabbits!
      Is it Saturday yet? Roll Damn Rabbits!

Comment

I would have been happy with 30+points if Gibbs was starting. This was a very nice surprise.

Comment

Good win on the road playing a freshman quarterback in his first start.

Wasn't pretty, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            The ESPN announcer's just picked Cade 89-yard ramble from he pass/flip from Pierre Strong as the play of the game.

Minute left, SDSU 35, MSU 14...... and that's the final.
            Good Choice

Comment

Give credit to the coaching staff about Heidi. A bit of a diamond in the rough. Credentials out of high school not outstanding. Coaches saw something.

Comment

I watch the game and it just doesn’t seem like we are all that good on offense and you look up at the end and we put up 35 points and over 500 yards from scrimmage. Those are pretty gaudy numbers with a freshman QB at the helm.

Comment

Across the roster, both offense and defense, this is a pretty good team.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Any update on CJ’s injury?
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Sun Country wheels up at 8 PM from Springfield, guessing another victory cheer during take off!
                      FSD estimated at 9:09!

Comment

Watching the replay, I can't be nothing but pleased with the job Heide did today.

He has really good pocket presence and throws an accurate ball, even on the move. Sure he missed a couple reads, but that's what true freshman do. If he continues to progress, we have a punchers chance to be back in the national title conversation.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          Watching the replay, I can't be nothing but pleased with the job Heide did today.

He has really good pocket presence and throws an accurate ball, even on the move. Sure he missed a couple reads, but that's what true freshman do. If he continues to progress, we have a punchers chance to be back in the national title conversation.
                          Yep I think we definitely are still in the national championship picture. I think some of the deep balls that he missed was probably just a little too much adrenaline, hopefully this settles down as he plays a little more. I'm most concerned about our turnovers. We just simply can't be giving the ball up to better teams. If we have 2+ turnovers in either game in the next few weeks it will likely lead to a loss. I thought the o-line played a really good game yesterday, and #60 Mccormick stood out as having an exceptional game to me

Defense was really impressive yesterday minus the one long run. Our d-line is so impressive when they can just pin their ears back and try to get the quarterback.

Special teams is very much an issue. Feel sorry for chase that this is how his senior year is going after such a great career so far. I have no idea what can be done to fix it. Even the extra points he makes are flying all over the place. Good thing is is he still has time to redeem himself. If he makes a game winner at some point yet this year a lot will be forgotten

Comment

Any word on CJ Wilson?

Comment

What was the deal with all the PI or defensive holding calls against us? Some were bad calls and others were good, but most didn't show up in replays.

I can't imagine that we've changed our technique or that the DB was getting consistently beat. Refs see something and then kept looking for it? Same ref keep calling them?

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                                What was the deal with all the PI or defensive holding calls against us? Some were bad calls and others were good, but most didn't show up in replays.

I can't imagine that we've changed our technique or that the DB was getting consistently beat. Refs see something and then kept looking for it? Same ref keep calling them?
                                In my opinion it’s because our db’s are really good but young. They have really tight coverage most of the time but just haven’t quite mastered the technique involved to keep hands off and avoid penalties. Jordan brown was really good at this. Hopefully they just keep getting better with more experience. I’d rather have them get a few penalties and have constant tight coverage than not getting penalties because they are so far off the receivers

Comment

Working...
                                X