Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: @ MSU Bears

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
    Yep I think we definitely are still in the national championship picture. I think some of the deep balls that he missed was probably just a little too much adrenaline, hopefully this settles down as he plays a little more. I'm most concerned about our turnovers. We just simply can't be giving the ball up to better teams. If we have 2+ turnovers in either game in the next few weeks it will likely lead to a loss. I thought the o-line played a really good game yesterday, and #60 Mccormick stood out as having an exceptional game to me

Defense was really impressive yesterday minus the one long run. Our d-line is so impressive when they can just pin their ears back and try to get the quarterback.

Special teams is very much an issue. Feel sorry for chase that this is how his senior year is going after such a great career so far. I have no idea what can be done to fix it. Even the extra points he makes are flying all over the place. Good thing is is he still has time to redeem himself. If he makes a game winner at some point yet this year a lot will be forgotten
    Chase has been far from great throughout his entire career - below average to average would be much more accurate:

FGs XPs
    2016: 11/17 (64.7%) 56/56 (100%)
    2017: 13/14 (92.9%) 58/62 (93.5%)
    2018: 14/21 (66.7%) 66/71 (93.0%)
    2019: 7/13 (53.8%) 32/36 (88.9%)
    Total:45/65 (69.2%) 212/225 (94.2%)

At this point, I'd sit him for an entire game and hope to god it gives him a huge wake up call. And I would be totally fine with our coaches benching him for the rest of the season.

Comment

On Chase... I think he drills the ball too hard? (Is that possible? I have no idea.)

Just explains the missed XP's and short FG's.

I honestly have more trust in him making a 40 yarder, than I do a 20 yarder. It's like he booms it so hard, it doesn't have time to drift where it's going when it's close. How many times has he hit the uprights in his career? A lot.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        Chase has been far from great throughout his entire career - below average to average would be much more accurate:

FGs XPs
        2016: 11/17 (64.7%) 56/56 (100%)
        2017: 13/14 (92.9%) 58/62 (93.5%)
        2018: 14/21 (66.7%) 66/71 (93.0%)
        2019: 7/13 (53.8%) 32/36 (88.9%)
        Total:45/65 (69.2%) 212/225 (94.2%)

At this point, I'd sit him for an entire game and hope to god it gives him a huge wake up call. And I would be totally fine with our coaches benching him for the rest of the season.
        With out the record books in front of me I felt like Syrovatka was pretty accurate as a kicker. Same with Riefenrath, he didn't have the big leg but was really effective. I don't know how he stacks up with percentage or anything, but Douglas has been my favorite kicker for SDSU. Always felt like he made the 40-50 yard kicks consistently in big moments/close games. I honestly thought they recruited Chase to be WR since he seemed to be a better athlete then a kicker when he was in high school. Chase has made some big kicks for sure but many games he just flat out struggles for no reason.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
        X