Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: HS Football Playoffs

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    4,755

    Default HS Football Playoffs

    So. Pierre beat Spearfish 103-0 tonight. My God. Glad there are 7 classes of football.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SF SD
    Posts
    8,737

    Default Re: HS Football Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    So. Pierre beat Spearfish 103-0 tonight. My God. Glad there are 7 classes of football.
    Boat raced them or pine bluffed them. Either way that's bad.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Hartford, SD
    Posts
    116

    Default Re: HS Football Playoffs

    Not a good look. Pierre is an incredible team, but there's no way an 0-9 team (that scored only 23 points all year!) should ever make the playoffs.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,931

    Default Re: HS Football Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Project-Badass View Post
    Not a good look. Pierre is an incredible team, but there's no way an 0-9 team (that scored only 23 points all year!) should ever make the playoffs.
    Theoretically, no but with seven classes and the SDHSAA making the schedules, this the outcome. In all, there no 10 points margins of victory. Several games, winner won by 25 of more. It’s crazy and no fun for the losing teams. Mercy rules next??

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,859

    Default Re: HS Football Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    Theoretically, no but with seven classes and the SDHSAA making the schedules, this the outcome. In all, there no 10 points margins of victory. Several games, winner won by 25 of more. It’s crazy and no fun for the losing teams. Mercy rules next??
    Lot's of things you can change:

    1. Reduce # of classes
    2. Mercy Rule
    3. Don't allow as many teams into the playoffs. Just because there are 8 teams doesn't mean they all have to make it. Only let top-4 or top-6 (give top 2 a first round bye) into the playoffs. Then you avoid this embarrassment.

    This is such a joke of a system that it really cheats our SD kids of a good experience. When they look back 10 years from now and think about the state title they won and how they only had to be the best of 8 teams to win it, how proud are they really going to feel?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Arlington SD
    Posts
    12,931

    Default Re: HS Football Playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by BTownJack View Post
    Lot's of things you can change:

    1. Reduce # of classes
    2. Mercy Rule
    3. Don't allow as many teams into the playoffs. Just because there are 8 teams doesn't mean they all have to make it. Only let top-4 or top-6 (give top 2 a first round bye) into the playoffs. Then you avoid this embarrassment.

    This is such a joke of a system that it really cheats our SD kids of a good experience. When they look back 10 years from now and think about the state title they won and how they only had to be the best of 8 teams to win it, how proud are they really going to feel?
    Most old guys really don’t care that much and some of them can’t recall Even winning it.
    We need more people in SD Struggling to keep a nine program going is no fun.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •