Mount Marty (Exhibition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mount Marty (Exhibition)

Good to see SDSU handle a team they should.

Seen far too many MVC team struggle, or lose, in their exhibitions.

I was a bit worried about SDSU after I heard the "results" of how the secret scrimmage between UNI and SDSU (and NDSU for that matter) played out

I'd like to see SDSU continue to be a high end MM program.

Comment

Originally posted by uniftw View Post
      Good to see SDSU handle a team they should.

Seen far too many MVC team struggle, or lose, in their exhibitions.

I was a bit worried about SDSU after I heard the "results" of how the secret scrimmage between UNI and SDSU (and NDSU for that matter) played out

I'd like to see SDSU continue to be a high end MM program.
      You must have heard something different than me about the results of the secret scrimmage between UNI and SDSU? I'm guessing both programs provide a somewhat glossed over version of those results to those they are communicating with.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
        You must have heard something different than me about the results of the secret scrimmage between UNI and SDSU? I'm guessing both programs provide a somewhat glossed over version of those results to those they are communicating with.
        I got my info from a player parent...

They played two 20 minute "games" and a four minute "game". Cleared the score and stats after each. UNI won all three pretty easily and there were a lot of different lineups out there, including 3 starters for UNI not playing in one of them. "total score" was something like 65-49

The same person had the UNI/NDSU scrimmage as 85-60

Comment

This team has a different head coach, graduated the career scoring leader and another player who is in a G-league camp, and had the 2nd leading scorer from last year transfer. Any of those occurrences on its own might lead to a few struggles when first going against another team.

Comment

I'm preparing myself for a long and frustrating OOC season but come holiday time, we'll start to see better basketball. That goes for both men's and women's teams. Both teams graduated a lot of experience and talent.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              I'm preparing myself for a long and frustrating OOC season but come holiday time, we'll start to see better basketball. That goes for both men's and women's teams. Both teams graduated a lot of experience and talent.
              IMO

Can we replace Daum, No
              Can w replace Flatten, easily

Can we replace Macy and Maddie, NO

I sad before, there is plenty of talent and athleticism to make the men's team be good. We are in trouble with our guards in the women's side. What we are running out now won't cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                IMO

Can we replace Daum, No
                Can w replace Flatten, easily

Can we replace Macy and Maddie, NO

I sad before, there is plenty of talent and athleticism to make the men's team be good. We are in trouble with our guards in the women's side. What we are running out now won't cut it.
                Replacing Macy and Maddie is a bit over the top analogy. The 2019-20 team will have a different look. It is still a reload. There will be players who step up to create a new identity. The team with Warkentein was a special bunch, but the new teams still had great success on a regular basis. It is no different than thinking we had reached the promised land only once during the Wolters years. That concept is not valid now either. The glass is still half full even if the OOC is not at the same success this year as previous years. The talent pool is still enviable to most teams in the country and it will emerge. Neither team will be sub .500 without a shot at post season action. I am just happy I was able to watch the players in Brookings, SD that I have and I expect to see more of the same.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  Replacing Macy and Maddie is a bit over the top analogy. The 2019-20 team will have a different look. It is still a reload. There will be players who step up to create a new identity. The team with Warkentein was a special bunch, but the new teams still had great success on a regular basis. It is no different than thinking we had reached the promised land only once during the Wolters years. That concept is not valid now either. The glass is still half full even if the OOC is not at the same success this year as previous years. The talent pool is still enviable to most teams in the country and it will emerge. Neither team will be sub .500 without a shot at post season action. I am just happy I was able to watch the players in Brookings, SD that I have and I expect to see more of the same.
                  You are right. Replacing isn't right. But, IMO, we don't have the guards to make a run, unless we make some changes. I feel more confident when Myah is bringing up the ball than what we have now. BTW, I'm not trying to beach, just giving my observations.

Comment

Originally posted by uniftw View Post
                    I got my info from a player parent...

They played two 20 minute "games" and a four minute "game". Cleared the score and stats after each. UNI won all three pretty easily and there were a lot of different lineups out there, including 3 starters for UNI not playing in one of them. "total score" was something like 65-49

The same person had the UNI/NDSU scrimmage as 85-60
                    They won all 3 easily, but the total margin was 16?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      They won all 3 easily, but the total margin was 16?
                      Apparently they "weren't trying"?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        Apparently they "weren't trying"?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                        Ha, I'm pretty sure I saw members of our program, including our Head Coach tailgating. Me thinks recruiting turned into their priority this weekend over the secret scrimmage.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                          Ha, I'm pretty sure I saw members of our program, including our Head Coach tailgating. Me thinks recruiting turned into their priority this weekend over the secret scrimmage.

Coach Hendo was at Game Day last week giving out muffins, shirts, water, etc. to the long line of people waiting to get in the pit. I think he was out there all night with the students to supervise and help out wherever needed. Stuff like that makes me realize he's the perfect person for head coach.
                          Rollin' in my 5.0
                          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                            Coach Hendo was at Game Day last week giving out muffins, shirts, water, etc. to the long line of people waiting to get in the pit. I think he was out there all night with the students to supervise and help out wherever needed. Stuff like that makes me realize he's the perfect person for head coach.
                            I feel like I saw Hendo in like 10 different spots throughout campus on Saturday. He has a calm exterior, but he must be one high energy dude!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                              You are right. Replacing isn't right. But, IMO, we don't have the guards to make a run, unless we make some changes. I feel more confident when Myah is bringing up the ball than what we have now. BTW, I'm not trying to beach, just giving my observations.
                              Having Macy and Maddie really spoiled us at the guard position. I am a little concerned not only with the guards currently on the roster, but the lack of a true point guard in the near future. AJ has really been loading this roster up with bigs including next years class as well. With RCJ graduating after this year that leaves only Lyndsey at the point (not sure that Lauren has the look of a point guard). Just seems a little strange that AJ isn't looking to get us a point guard with a little juice athletically since that is a point of struggle for us against the premier programs. I'm concerned that an athletic team will press us and just not sure our guards could handle that.

I do have to say that it really looks like Tori and Kallie are going to be serious players. Tori had a few shaky moments, but boy you can really see the upside in her game. Kallie looks like a solid big that I think looks to have some range as well. Both have already passed last years group at the same positions, which is a little concerning about that class. Paiton is a player, but the rest look to be roll players at best on this roster.

Comment

Looks like some want to consolidate men's and women's basketball threads! That's not going to happen. For the convenience of the readers, how about trying to put info on women's basketball in the women's basketball section. I recognize there will be some cross-over talk from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                                X