Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mount Marty (Exhibition)

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    These games were as they always are....hard to really read anything out of things. I will be surprised if the playing time on the men's team is anything like it was tonight as far as players as the season goes on. I was more impressed with a couple freshman on the women's team. It will be hard for most of our sophomore class to find much playing time. I'm a little concerned with our guard play as that is our thinnest position. Both squads should grow throughout the year. Time will tell.
    I think we could easily have the best frontcourt in the Women's Summit League. With that said, I agree, we could have one of the poorer backcourts in the league. We've seen pretty much everyone in the backcourt play last year. And if thy didn't garner much time tonight how much will they? (newcomers)

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
      I agree with this basically. Key needs to knock the rust off of his shooting, if possible? Why did Tray get a T on that 3, I missed that?
      I was on the way home by then and according to Tyler's play by play Tray had extended his leg into defender on way down.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

No stats for either the men's or women's game posted on GoJacks? I can see not providing video so other teams can't scout them, but no stats seems a little odd.

Comment

It was an exhibition game, so the stats didn't count. Maybe that's why they weren't posted. I think Wilson got about 25 points and Arians 20. Something like that.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            No stats for either the men's or women's game posted on GoJacks? I can see not providing video so other teams can't scout them, but no stats seems a little odd.
            I too would like to see the box scores.
            Here is the women's from Zim.
            https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...04188588167169

Comment

6 assists by Tylee Irwin jumps out as surprise to me.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Thoughts on the men's team... it's going to be interesting.

Wilson is indeed, a dude. And he will more likely than not, be the leading scorer. Fantastic Athleticism and can finish, and make free throws.

Arians played pretty well.

Ceiling looks high for Wingett. Missed some shots early, but hit a couple, and threw down a nice dunk. He's a player.

Key was Brandon Key... fast, good defense, and wildly erratic on his jumpshot.

Owen King looked pretty good too... he shoots the ball better than Brandon, and he ran the point when Brandon was not in the game.

Freidel and Scheierman both had some moments. They kind of subbed in and out for each other, until Noah got in some Foul Trouble in the 1st half.
                -Freidel wasn't NEARLY as aggressive in looking for his shot as he was in HS, but that is to be expected in his 1st college game. He can play, you can see that.
                -Scheirerman is an excellent passer... kind of fun to see him bully smaller guards into the midpost, and then hit cutters, when defense came to help. (he's a big dude)

Wingett and Scheierman were the 1st 2 subs off the bench. Then Dillon. Then Owen King.

Mims and Buchanon didn't play until the 2nd half. Buchanon looked pretty good. Mims played the wing almost exclusively...even with Owen and Brandon out... they had Scheierman bring it up the court. Maybe that was just for him to get used to playing Wing?(since they have Brandon and Owen for this season?)

Most worry comes from our posts... Dentlinger and Dillon. Seems tough for both of them to score in the post. Dillon did hit a couple 3's though... They both are ok, but we need them to step up as the season goes on.
                -I thought the end of the first half...they had Wingett at the 4, and Wilson at the 5... was our best offensive team.

Last 2 in the game were Fiegen and Brown.

This is a team that's going to make us delighted some nights, and will probably have some head scratchers as well.

Very tough to judge based on the competition last night. Mount Marty did play hard, and were hitting shots (especially early). So it played out about the way it should have.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  I was on the way home by then and according to Tyler's play by play Tray had extended his leg into defender on way down.
                  I thought that was an interesting call. The #1 for Mount Marty extended his leg to and they called the foul on the defender.

I think the official called a T on Tray because he "delayed the game". Since Wilson already had a delay of the game after a made basket, it was the second of the game against SDSU and therefor a T. BUT he made the shot and it was Mount Marty's ball. Couldn't MM just inbound the ball and play 5-on-4? I've seen that happen when a shoe comes off. I'm sure there is some weird rule that justify's it but I'd say just let them play on.

Comment

Maybe this was a different play, but I think the Jacks' bench got called for a delay foul for picking up a loose ball that went out of bounds as possession was shifting to Mount Marty.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                      I thought that was an interesting call. The #1 for Mount Marty extended his leg to and they called the foul on the defender.

I think the official called a T on Tray because he "delayed the game". Since Wilson already had a delay of the game after a made basket, it was the second of the game against SDSU and therefor a T. BUT he made the shot and it was Mount Marty's ball. Couldn't MM just inbound the ball and play 5-on-4? I've seen that happen when a shoe comes off. I'm sure there is some weird rule that justify's it but I'd say just let them play on.
                      Found out some more about the call. I was told this am that there is going to be a emphasis on flopping this year. It is going to be a class B Technical foul. The ref felt like he flopped to the floor, and I kinda agree that he did too.

Comment

Found out some more about the call. I was told this am that there is going to be a emphasis on flopping this year. It is going to be a class B Technical foul. The ref felt like he flopped to the floor, and I kinda agree that he did too.
                        I thought flopping and traveling were going to be points of emphasis. The Flopping Hardaway's from Memphis are going to set a record for technicals this year.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Will this rule be enforced for the women's game as well?

Comment

If so Hanna Sjevernern(SP) probably fouls out with in minutes. she is a really good play, big, tall, but doesn't take more then a someone running past her to fall down. I would think the mens and womens would have different points of emphasis but might be the same.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              I thought flopping and traveling were going to be points of emphasis. The Flopping Hardaway's from Memphis are going to set a record for technicals this year.
                              My thought exactly. Memphis is screwed.

Comment

I don't know about that?

Comment

Working...
                                X