Mount Marty (Exhibition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount Marty (Exhibition)

First look at the 'new look' Jackrabbits is tonight at Frost, hosting the Mount Marty Lancers.

The Lancers also have a new head coach, and some new faces on their team as well.

I have no idea what to expect tonight, and I know that it's an exhibition against an NAIA school, so it's not a good measurement of really anything.

However, it's going to be fun to see the team in action. See the new guys, and what they can do.

Looking forward to it.

Re: Mount Marty (Exhibition)

It looks like video is unfortunately not available through Jackrabbit All Access. It would have been nice to be able to tune in. I guess I’ll let Tyler M paint a picture for me.

Those who don’t mind seeing a work in progress should find it a fun year to follow both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      It looks like video is unfortunately not available through Jackrabbit All Access. It would have been nice to be able to tune in. I guess I’ll let Tyler M paint a picture for me.

Those who don’t mind seeing a work in progress should find it a fun year to follow both teams.
      I don't understand why it wouldn't be available...?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        I don't understand why it wouldn't be available...?
        Nothing was listed in terms of video in the pregame notes at gojacks.com. That would fit with the pattern the last couple of years - no video coverage of the one or two "exhibition" games.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          Nothing was listed in terms of video in the pregame notes at gojacks.com. That would fit with the pattern the last couple of years - no video coverage of the one or two "exhibition" games.
          Right, I'm just wondering why that's the case... it's 2019. They have the means to do it. People pay good money for Jacks All Access. Just doesn't make sense. Wouldn't even need someone to call the game, it would just be good practice for the regular season if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Right, I'm just wondering why that's the case... it's 2019. They have the means to do it. People pay good money for Jacks All Access. Just doesn't make sense. Wouldn't even need someone to call the game, it would just be good practice for the regular season if anything.
            Giving game video to the first few opponents?

Comment

it's unfortunately a trend....but the subscription price has held steady.....more games video'd could also translate to a subscription hike,have to pay people to do things, I don't mind too much not seeing the exhibition games, but I did like to get an early look at the new team members in a game just about the whole roster will get some minutes.

Comment

Jacks started out slow, led 44-33 at half and now have put it away.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  Jacks started out slow, led 44-33 at half and now have put it away.
                  Per Twitter. Sounds like Zim has been impressed w/ Wilson.
                  Also has been impressed w/ Wingett. Calls them both “dudes”.

Comment

98-70 Jacks. Final.

Just listening to the game, it sounded like Mount Marty had no answer to Doug Wilson's athleticism besides grabbing him every play (he was at the line a ton). Ariens shot lights out, Wingett grabbed boards and showed off his bounce. Everyone who played for the Jacks showed some positives throughout the game.

Mount Marty will easily be the least talented team we play all year, but it was a nice tune up game going into the season.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      98-70 Jacks. Final.

Just listening to the game, it sounded like Mount Marty had no answer to Doug Wilson's athleticism besides grabbing him every play (he was at the line a ton). Ariens shot lights out, Wingett grabbed boards and showed off his bounce. Everyone who played for the Jacks showed some positives throughout the game.

Mount Marty will easily be the least talented team we play all year, but it was a nice tune up game going into the season.
                      While I wouldn't call them a well oiled machine yet, there are the parts in place to become a highly competitive team when it comes to winning the Summit League and the tourney. After tonight I am more concerned about our women's tem than so the men. JMO

Comment

Just for the record, the starters were Brandon Key, Noah Freidel, Matt Dentlinger, Alex Arians and Douglas Wilson. David Wingett, Owen King, Baylor Scheierman and Alou Dillon were the top reserves, but everyone played.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Wilson is a stud, and Arians shot well, making six threes. Wingett looks like he has a lot of potential on the wing, and Key is a speed demon at the point. Freidel got in foul trouble in the first half, so he didn't show a lot. The competition for down-low minutes between Dentlinger and Dillon should be interesting. I was mildly surprised that Tray Buchanan didn't see a lot of meaningful minutes. Mount Marty was undersized and overmatched, but outside shooting kept them in the game for the first half.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            Wilson is a stud, and Arians shot well, making six threes. Wingett looks like he has a lot of potential on the wing, and Key is a speed demon at the point. Freidel got in foul trouble in the first half, so he didn't show a lot. The competition for down-low minutes between Dentlinger and Dillon should be interesting. I was mildly surprised that Tray Buchanan didn't see a lot of meaningful minutes. Mount Marty was undersized and overmatched, but outside shooting kept them in the game for the first half.
                            I agree with this basically. Key needs to knock the rust off of his shooting, if possible? Why did Tray get a T on that 3, I missed that?

Comment

These games were as they always are....hard to really read anything out of things. I will be surprised if the playing time on the men's team is anything like it was tonight as far as players as the season goes on. I was more impressed with a couple freshman on the women's team. It will be hard for most of our sophomore class to find much playing time. I'm a little concerned with our guard play as that is our thinnest position. Both squads should grow throughout the year. Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                              X