MO State week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MO State week

Like someone said earlier, use the NDSU blueprint like they did with Stick. Use the run and hopefully take the lead, takes the pressure off the QB to make heroic plays.

Our O line isn't good enough at pass pro against elite teams when the defense can pin their ears back.

Genant back this week?

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      It’s the right decision. It will cause a QB problem next year with two sophomores but that’s what college athletics is about.
      Competition breeds excellence. But yes, the way QB transfers go these days, you can't fault the one that potentially could ride the bench here for their entire career. Hopefully they both stick around for their careers and push each other, and provide the best 1-2 QB room in the country. Always ready to go in for the next snap.

Comment

Heide could also regain his RS if he plays 4 games or less next year.

Continue strong D, limit penalties and protect the ball we should be fine. I have a feeling Eck and Co will find a way to add new wrinkles for Heide to implement each week. This team has strong leadership, it should be fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
          https://mobile.twitter.com/argusmatt...71360295030784

Now its official. Next man up. Let's see what the kid can do.
          Can anyone recount what the tweet said. I saw a retweet on Twitter & the link here and can't access it in either place.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
            Can anyone recount what the tweet said. I saw a retweet on Twitter & the link here and can't access it in either place.
            Zimmer deleted that tweet for what ever reason. Said something like: It's Official Gibbs is done. Heide will be taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Zimmer deleted that tweet for what ever reason. Said something like: It's Official Gibbs is done. Heide will be taking over.
              Odd because he said Gibbs was out for the rest of the REGULAR season in his article.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                Odd because he said Gibbs was out for the rest of the REGULAR season in his article.
                So is it maybe not a torn ACL?

Comment

I'm going to guess it has more to do with it saying Heide will be starting. I would guess we don't want Missouri State to know if will be Nelson or Heide.

Comment

Can we have some more speculation on whether Gibbs is out for the season?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Can we have some more speculation on whether Gibbs is out for the season?
                      Sure.

I heard it was a possibility?

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                        Sure.

I heard it was a possibility?
                        Anyone catch Zimmer's live chat today and see if he clarified what is going on at all? Seems odd he took that tweet down last night that said he was "done for the season" and then qualified Gibb's injury as "missing regular season" in his article from today.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          Anyone catch Zimmer's live chat today and see if he clarified what is going on at all? Seems odd he took that tweet down last night that said he was "done for the season" and then qualified Gibb's injury as "missing regular season" in his article from today.
                          Here is the quote
                          • hours ago
                            I don't expect J'Bore to play again this season. But college football doesn't have an injury report, or injured reserve, so 'out for the year' isn't an official term. They hope he can play again. He probably won't.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            Here is the quote
                            • hours ago
                              I don't expect J'Bore to play again this season. But college football doesn't have an injury report, or injured reserve, so 'out for the year' isn't an official term. They hope he can play again. He probably won't.
                            That to me sounds like it's at least not an ACL tear. Possibly something that requires a somewhat minor surgery, something with like a 6-8 week recovery. At this point in the season that'd be essentially season ending.

Comment

I saw a few football players last night and asked them how Gibbs was they told me it’s his ACL and is out for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                                I saw a few football players last night and asked them how Gibbs was they told me it’s his ACL and is out for the year.
                                I absolutely believe this which makes Zimmer's statement a little odd. He must be trying to toe the line between reporting and keeping the coaches happy. If Gibbs completely tore his ACL we won't see him again.

At any rate, I just hope he fully recovers.

Comment

Working...
                                X