MO State week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MO State week

Time to get back at it. Hoping with decent weather(sunny, 40s, winds 10-15) we can focus on timing and build up the threat of a passing game to go along with the run.

Re: MO State week

I am hoping we Commit to Keaton Heide and get him some good reps.
    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
      I am hoping we Commit to Keaton Heide and get him some good reps.
      This. If it was worth pulling Nelson to put in a freshmen in Q4 against NDSU, they must see a bigger upside with Heide. Stick with him, let him grow a little, and see where the chips fall.

Comment

Play well, Have Fun, Stay Healthy.

Comment

My hope is that after a full week of practice at QB1, Heide can come out with a playbook that will allow him to throw some, especially play action, while relying heavily on the run.

Something I hadn't considered earlier though is this: Do we have to pretty much take QB run out of the playbook now? We obviously need another facet to the run game to help keep the d honest, but we can't afford to lose any more quarterbacks. I won't be surprised if we see a heavier dose of PSJ or Mikey, etc. back there running wildcat 10 times a game in order to protect our remaining Qbs.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a formation with PSJ, CJ and Mikey all in the backfield with either Pierre of CJ receiving the snap.

Comment

A person close to the team said Heide will be the guy going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                It’s the right decision. It will cause a QB problem next year with two sophomores but that’s what college athletics is about.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                  I wouldn't mind a formation with PSJ, CJ and Mikey all in the backfield with either Pierre of CJ receiving the snap.
                  Hell, run diamond and get Blair Mullholland some reps too. That would be an insane backfield to defend. With almost zero passing threat, but who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    It’s the right decision. It will cause a QB problem next year with two sophomores but that’s what college athletics is about.
                    Definitely the right decision, though if next year Gibbs wins the job, Heide would have another opportunity to redshirt if he played in 4 games or less.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                      Does that mean for the next week or 2? Either way, with a great ground game and solid defense, out gameplan doesn’t need changed too much. The worst thing to do is make a knee jerk reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackwagon View Post
                        Does that mean for the next week or 2? Either way, with a great ground game and solid defense, out gameplan doesn’t need changed too much. The worst thing to do is make a knee jerk reaction.
                        I'd say it means Heide is the guy until Gibbs is healthy. Like others have said, Heide still has a year to rs if need be. Unless a transfer comes in we are going to be young at qb for a few years.

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/argusmatt...71360295030784

Now its official. Next man up. Let's see what the kid can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                            https://mobile.twitter.com/argusmatt...71360295030784

Now its official. Next man up. Let's see what the kid can do.

I hope Eck gives Heide 25+ pass attempts this week, assuming we have the lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
                              I hope Eck gives Heide 25+ pass attempts this week, assuming we have the lead.
                              Yep I agree. Get the lead with the run game and let the kid work on his passing. Still believe this team has a great chance to go deep in the playoffs as long as Heide can protect the football. If we are positive in the turnover margin in games we will be very hard to beat with our defense

Comment

Working...
                              X