Seed Tracker 2k19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seed Tracker 2k19

FCS committee top 10 if you haven't already seen it.
    1-NDSU
    2-JMU
    3-Weber St
    4-SDSU
    5-Sac St
    6-UNI
    7-Central Arkansas
    8-Montana
    9-Furman
    10-New Hampshire
    Is it Saturday yet? Roll Damn Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by DB117 View Post
      1-NDSU
      2-JMU
      3-Weber St
      4-SDSU
      5-Sac St
      6-UNI
      7-Central Arkansas
      8-Montana
      9-Furman
      10-New Hampshire
      New Hampshire is a surprise. Jacks have a chance for some marquee wins the next 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        New Hampshire is a surprise. Jacks have a chance for some marquee wins the next 2 weeks.
        Fans should look at this as our chance to get in the playoff spirit a few weeks early and help solidify Jacks' seed, if not help them rise in rankings, as they'll face two teams who would be in field if playoffs started today.

Comment

Originally posted by DB117 View Post
          1-NDSU
          2-JMU
          3-Weber St
          4-SDSU
          5-Sac St
          6-UNI
          7-Central Arkansas
          8-Montana
          9-Furman
          10-New Hampshire
          UND and Montana will be my second favorite teams next couple weeks.

Comment

Surprise isn't the word, having New Hampshire in the top 10 is a joke unless the committee already knows they beat JMU this weekend.

Jacks will get the short end even if they win out if JMU or Weber doesn't drop one.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
              UND and Montana will be my second favorite teams next couple weeks.
              Also UNH, JMU's only tough game left.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Also UNH, JMU's only tough game left.
                I have nothing against Richmond winning too and Rhode Island upsetting JMU at home to end season. Guess I just see Weber State as more likely team to lose

Comment

Yeah that’s a real head scratcher for me. That and UCA over Montana, which I think bodes well for SIU having a great chance at making the playoffs. It appears the FBS W is getting a lot of weight.
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

So based on last night's rankings, here's what I think we will see on 11/24:

If Weber beats Montana, Montana beats MSU, and everyone else wins out:

1. NDSU
                    2. Weber
                    3. JMU
                    4. SDSU
                    5. Sac State
                    6. UCA
                    7. Furman
                    8. Montana

If Montana beats Weber and everyone else wins out:

1. NDSU
                    2. JMU
                    3. SDSU
                    4. Montana
                    5. Sac State
                    6. UCA
                    7. Weber
                    8. Furman

I could see JMU staying at the 2 even if Weber wins out, but I really don't think it'll happen. I think last night was an "if the season ended today" poll, and I think another top 10 road win for WSU over Montana will catapult them to a top 2 seed. Why the committee didn't rank them ahead of the Dukes last night already after they already have two top 10 wins, I'm not sure. But it had to be close, and another top 10 win might move them ahead.

Secondly, I think Sac is going to drop another game or two without their starting QB. They were terrible without him last year, and I could see them dropping one or two. This would open the door for the winner of UM/MSU (assuming UM loses to WSU) to grab the 8. I feel pretty confident that both Furman and UCA will be seeded somewhere 5-8 if they both win out. Look for the loser of the WSU/UM game to fill in another bottom seed if they win their remaining game. Finally, I think there's a good chance Nova or MSU grab an 8 seed if they win out and Sac state loses another game. Both would have 3 losses and would be ahead of ISUr, UNI, and the other non-power teams based on either record, SoS, or both.

My gut tells me that Montana is going to beat Weber and Sac will drop a game meaning we will see:

Ndsu
                    JMU
                    SDSU
                    Montana
                    UCA
                    Furman
                    Weber
                    Nova

In summary:

1-4 should be some combo of NDSU, JMU, SDSU, Weber/Montana if all win out.

5-8 should be some combo of Furman, UCA, Weber/Montana, or Sac/Nova/MSU (if the Bobcats win out)

Comment

Is there any website or app that provides live updates to the top ranked FCS teams? Like you see on ESPN.com "top-25" for FBS. It would be nice to follow all these games each week of the teams in the top-25 of FCS. I always use ESPN.com as my go-to for sports scores but I'm ready to switch if someone out there does them based on FCS ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        Is there any website or app that provides live updates to the top ranked FCS teams? Like you see on ESPN.com "top-25" for FBS. It would be nice to follow all these games each week of the teams in the top-25 of FCS. I always use ESPN.com as my go-to for sports scores but I'm ready to switch if someone out there does them based on FCS ranking.
                        There may be an app out there for it, but I'm not aware of it. I use the ESPN app and select my "favorite teams" as pretty much every Big Sky/MVFC/CAA team and a select number of other strong teams from weaker conferences. The app isn't great for following along while the game is in process (glitchy and usually delayed), but it is good for getting final score updates.

As an FYI, most Big Sky games are on Pluto TV, which comes standard with a lot of smart TVs these days. You can watch that Weber-UND game, Weber-UM, and UM-MSU in consecutive weeks if you want to.

CAA games are mostly on FloSports, which is a pay service app. Southland/OVC/SoCon/NEC games and all Valley games are pretty consistently on ESPN3 or +. Patriot games are on Stadium sports, which is part of Pluto TV.

Lastly, if it's a big game, most schools will have a their own video feed for the game that's less than 8 bucks per pop through sidearm sports and well worth it if it's a good matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          Unfortunately not that I've seen. I use theScore App, which I think is the best app for score updates and imo is better than ESPN at constant updates, but I do the same thing Tibbs does in selecting favorites.

Comment

Thumper and myself have a good discussion in this week's pod regarding the playoffs and seed possibilities if you're wondering what the possible outcomes are based on how the next couple games go. Also, pretty sure we came up with a sure fire solution to solve the fumbling issues toward the end of it.

https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrt...otsteps-e907g6

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Thumper and myself have a good discussion in this week's pod regarding the playoffs and seed possibilities if you're wondering what the possible outcomes are based on how the next couple games go. Also, pretty sure we came up with a sure fire solution to solve the fumbling issues toward the end of it.

https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrt...otsteps-e907g6
                              Great discussion. I too am afraid of how the Committee will view not only Monmouth, but also a 1 loss Central Connecticut State team. We all know neither team deserves a seed over the Jack's, but will the Committee see it that way? I'm also squarely in the camp that 4 Valley teams will not be seeded. I don't see a 4 loss UNI being seeded ahead of Furman/Nova/Montana State/SDSU/ISUr/NDSU/JMU/Weber/Monmouth/CCSU/Montana/Sac State, who would all have 3 or fewer losses. Is UNI a top 8 team this year even with 4 losses? Probably. I just don't see a path to Valley seeds that could be justified given the comparison to other records at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                                Great discussion. I too am afraid of how the Committee will view not only Monmouth, but also a 1 loss Central Connecticut State team. We all know neither team deserves a seed over the Jack's, but will the Committee see it that way? I'm also squarely in the camp that 4 Valley teams will not be seeded. I don't see a 4 loss UNI being seeded ahead of Furman/Nova/Montana State/SDSU/ISUr/NDSU/JMU/Weber/Monmouth/CCSU/Montana/Sac State, who would all have 3 or fewer losses. Is UNI a top 8 team this year even with 4 losses? Probably. I just don't see a path to Valley seeds that could be justified given the comparison to other records at the end of the year.
                                Thanks. All good points, but consider this...

Furman might lose this week. If they don't, none of this matters, they'll get a seed.

Montana State will either be 8-4 after losing to Montana, or 9-3, but then they would take Montana's seed likely.

Neither Monmouth or CCSU have a single quality win.

Imo, 8-4 UNI has a better resume than 9-3 Nova.

However, I do agree that the committee will likely look for any way to not give MVFC 4 seeds.

The more interesting discussion in terms of where SDSU will end up if they win out is whether we would jump ISUr or not. Some people think we would, others don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X