Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seed Tracker 2k19

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    There's definitely merit to your argument. I won't deny that. Might end up being a horse a piece when you factor in all the benefits of each scenario. Let's just take care of business against USD, then...

It's an interesting discussion. I dont really care who we play or where if we win the title. But you're right: this is all useless banter if we trip all over our ****s and lose to the yotes.

I'm really interested in what a potential second round matchup might be for us as well. If UND and UNI make the field, I'd say there's a good chance they get paired up in the first round with the winner to Brookings. But outside of that, I think we would likely see some eastern and/or southern team in our bracket. The non-seeds are going to have lots of Southland/CAA teams, in addition to probably two OVCs and maybe two Big South teams. I'd put my money on us getting a Maine/Wofford/Semo type team up here in round 2 (assuming we dont get UND) if we can beat USD.

This year in the FCS, I think its

NDSU

JMU/UM/WEBER/SDSU/SAC

ISUr/UNI/Montana State/NOVA/Wofford

Everyone else.

Point being, I think the first round or two of the playoffs should present us with some very winnable games.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
      It's an interesting discussion. I dont really care who we play or where if we win the title. But you're right: this is all useless banter if we trip all over our ****s and lose to the yotes.

I'm really interested in what a potential second round matchup might be for us as well. If UND and UNI make the field, I'd say there's a good chance they get paired up in the first round with the winner to Brookings. But outside of that, I think we would likely see some eastern and/or southern team in our bracket. The non-seeds are going to have lots of Southland/CAA teams, in addition to probably two OVCs and maybe two Big South teams. I'd put my money on us getting a Maine/Wofford/Semo type team up here in round 2 (assuming we dont get UND) if we can beat USD.

This year in the FCS, I think its

NDSU

JMU/UM/WEBER/SDSU/SAC

ISUr/UNI/Montana State/NOVA/Wofford

Everyone else.

Point being, I think the first round or two of the playoffs should present us with some very winnable games.

Agreed with your team tiers. I can't wait to see the bracket.

Comment

Regarding the easier to beat them in Fargo or Frisco talk... I've got an argument for each side.

Easier to beat them in Fargo? Are you kidding me. We have to travel, stay in a hotel, eat a catered meal, wait around all day in a hotel room on gameday killing time. They get to have no bus time, sleep in their own beds, eat a pregame meal where they always do, relax in their own homes/apartments/dorms the day of the game. They get to play in front of their own fans, don't have to pack their own travel bags full of equipment, etc.

Easier to beat them in Frisco? Are you kidding me. We both have to travel. Spend a week or so there. Attend pregame festivities (I am assuming there is some sort of team vs team chicken wing eating challenge, hospital tour, etc. that all goes on throughout the week). They would be used to it all and treating it like any other game and not thinking about the extra curriculars that could throw them off. We will be all big and googly eyed taking in all the extra curriculars and not as focused on the real reason why we are there.

Comment

Lot easier for me...be in the NDSU bracket, go to Fargo, Bison are a 2 TD favorite...we have beat them ONCE in D-1 days...come home.

Be in the OTHER bracket, beat every other team and get to Frisco (if we can't do this, we go home; or win those games and wind up in Frisco, where we are not in the Dome, play NDSU, unless someone else beats them. Result, we are either #1 in FCS and national champions, or, worst case scenario, we are runner-ups and #2 in the nation. I like this scenario a whole lot more.

Comment

For the sake of just playing new teams in the playoffs too, I just want to avoid Fargo. And I'd rather get beat 55-0 in Texas in the championship than lose in the semis in Fargo.

Also, we have some unfinished business in both Harrisonburg and Missoula, and the chance to re-write those chapters in Jackrabbit football would be hard to pass up. Especially JMU. Ever since our game there in 17, there's been this idea that they are the "other" elite program on the country. Its them and NDSU, and then everyone else. All this, despite the fact that we've played in the same number of semi finals as they have this decade, more quarterfinals, and haven't missed the playoffs since 2011. I've rewatched that 2017 game a few times. That game was close at half despite our incredible negative turnover margin. If we play a clean game, we're playing in Frisco that year imo. But we didn't, and the rest is history. I'd like to revise the narrative in Virginia this year. If we can't get a 4 and host a quarterfinal, I want the 6 or 7. Especially if the 3 is Sacramento State.

Comment

JMU has several Frisco appearances in recent history and 1 championship after going through Fargo. We’ve had more consistency but they’ve shown to have a higher ceiling. Nobody is the other elite team in the country. The Bison have taken everything the past decade aside from JMUs 1 championship.

I would put JMU a thin slice above everyone aside from NDSU. Especially being that they’ll have home field throughout which they’ve earned by going undefeated in fcs.

Comment

I'm in the "to be the best you have to beat the best" school. I don't care where.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  I'm in the "to be the best you have to beat the best" school. I don't care where.
                  the “leave no doubt” approach.

Comment

Wow I have been watching the Ill state Youngstown game and the Redbirds are not the same team at all that we played. They did lose there starting QB
                    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                      Wow I have been watching the Ill state Youngstown game and the Redbirds are not the same team at all that we played. They did lose there starting QB
                      is
                      The ISU QB took high snap and got hurt bad in the last game against Mo State. Change the complexion completely. A higher seed maybe if we win today.

Comment

Seeding tomorrow will be interesting. Four teams that were in position to get a seed all lost, or are losing.

Comment

Jacks were in a great position to be a 3 or 4 seed with today’s games until they choked it away

Comment

We've got an outside chance, but I think today's results for the top ten opens the door for teams like UCA, CCSU, etc. with 9 or 10 wins to get seeded ahead of 8-4 Valley teams. I'm 99% sure we pissed it away today. Time to go 1-0 and see what happens. An unseeded Youngstown made the title in 2016. If we get a good draw, stop fumbling, coach a little better, and play with more energy, we could make a run...So basically, if were a completely different team.

Comment

I think if we’re honest with ourselves we weren’t going too far in the playoffs with Heide and the wide receiver screen. Not retaining Connors or the other Juco player has proven to be the dagger.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                                We've got an outside chance, but I think today's results for the top ten opens the door for teams like UCA, CCSU, etc. with 9 or 10 wins to get seeded ahead of 8-4 Valley teams. I'm 99% sure we pissed it away today. Time to go 1-0 and see what happens. An unseeded Youngstown made the title in 2016. If we get a good draw, stop fumbling, coach a little better, and play with more energy, we could make a run...So basically, if were a completely different team.
                                The one thing that could sneak the Jacks in to one of the final seeds is the quality of two of their losses. They played NDSU tougher than anyone else has, even after losing their starting QB early in the game. And their FBS loss is to a team that will be ranked in the top 10 next week that will be playing in a New Year's Day bowl game. Long shot for sure, but not totally out of the question.

Comment

Working...
                                X