• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Seed Tracker 2k19

JMU Bracket:

Wofford hosts Kennesaw State, winner gets Weber State

SE Louisiana hosts Villanova, winner gets Montana

Northern Iowa hosts San Diego, winner gets SDSU, December 7th 2 pm ET, 1 pm CT

Monmouth hosts Holy Cross, winner gets JMU
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Wow I am shocked. Injuries must have played a huge part in the committees thinking
      I am guessing past results and making semis before helped.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
        Wow what an awesome surprise! Go Jacks! Let’s fill the Dana in 2 weeks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Heck yeah.

Could have another UNI playoff game. If so, let's ensure the weather isn't the only thing that's cold for the Panthers (or "discount cougars" as one of the student signs said during regular season contest)

Comment

Way too early AccuWeather forecast for Brookings, Dec. 7: "A little afternoon snow", high 24.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Way too early AccuWeather forecast for Brookings, Dec. 7: "A little afternoon snow", high 24.
            Go with weather.com (high of 20 but only 10% chance of precip.)

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
              Go with weather.com (high of 20 but only 10% chance of precip.)
              I don't know . . . "Snow Party At The Dana" has a bit of a ring to it, doesn't it?
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                I don't know . . . "Snow Party At The Dana" has a bit of a ring to it, doesn't it?
                I don't want to do anything to decrease attendance, but I'm fine with a snow cameo once we're there.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  I am guessing past results and making semis before helped.
                  And/or the committee got a dose of some delicious cookies and cream SDSU ice cream

Comment

I'm with Fibert. There really wasn't a another team that earned a seventh seed more than the Jacks. UNI? No. The USD loss was bad but not terrible. Ultimately, it probably knocked the Jacks down from third to seventh. ... Heal up, Jacks. There's a lot of football left to be played.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

I am surprised by the seed. A second chance and some healings and we are back in business. Any chance Strong and CJ are available?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        I'm with Fibert. There really wasn't a another team that earned a seventh seed more than the Jacks. UNI? No. The USD loss was bad but not terrible. Ultimately, it probably knocked the Jacks down from third to seventh. ... Heal up, Jacks. There's a lot of football left to be played.
                        UNI and SDSU should have been swapped IMO. UNI finished second in the MVFC and beat both ISU and USD. SDSU's only good win was the UNI game.

I'll take the seed, but the Jacks certainly didnt earn it with their play this year.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          UNI and SDSU should have been swapped IMO. UNI finished second in the MVFC and beat both ISU and USD. SDSU's only good win was the UNI game.

I'll take the seed, but the Jacks certainly didnt earn it with their play this year.
                          Perhaps the committee viewed the win against WIU as padding their conference resume. The Jacks four losses were by a total of 26 points. UNI lost to both the Jacks and Bison by more than that.

Comment

Yeah I agree with this. We really didn’t earn this seed. Could have been number 3 probably with a win yesterday but we lost and should not have been seeded. Maybe the committee took into account strong and Wilson being out and both possibly being back in 2 weeks? And all our losses were fairly close and really only a few plays away from winning any of them

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                              Perhaps the committee viewed the win against WIU as padding their conference resume. The Jacks four losses were by a total of 26 points. UNI lost to both the Jacks and Bison by more than that.
                              I can see that argument if they ended up tied in the standings. They didn't. It just doesnt make much sense to say that SDSU had a better overall resume.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I can see that argument if they ended up tied in the standings. They didn't. It just doesnt make much sense to say that SDSU had a better overall resume.
                                Considering margin of losses to playoff teams, one could argue it does.

Regardless, I am glad I don't face the conflict of belated Thanksgiving or a Jacks game this weekend, although it's looking like the weather will prevent travel this weekend anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X