Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seed Tracker 2k19

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    The one thing that could sneak the Jacks in to one of the final seeds is the quality of two of their losses. They played NDSU tougher than anyone else has, even after losing their starting QB early in the game. And their FBS loss is to a team that will be ranked in the top 10 next week that will be playing in a New Year's Day bowl game. Long shot for sure, but not totally out of the question.
    This team lost to a 5-7 team. They don’t deserve a seed.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      The one thing that could sneak the Jacks in to one of the final seeds is the quality of two of their losses. They played NDSU tougher than anyone else has, even after losing their starting QB early in the game. And their FBS loss is to a team that will be ranked in the top 10 next week that will be playing in a New Year's Day bowl game. Long shot for sure, but not totally out of the question.
      Fact is, we do not deserve a seed. But neither do most of the top 15 teams, so who knows. The quality loss argument is weak at best, and it goes out the window when you have a bad loss to go with the "good" ones.

Comment

Montana's loss to Montana State is a bad loss. Ours is a loss. I would hesitate to call it a bad loss--USD isn't awful, and SDSU didn't get blown out like Montana did. MSU blasted Montana in Bozeman.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

My prediction for the seeds:

1. NDSU
          2. JMU
          3. Sac State
          4. Montana State
          5. Weber State
          6. Kennesaw State
          7. Montana
          8. Central Arkansas

Although I'm not sure they'll give the Big Sky four top seeds . . . Monmouth may sneak in there.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
            I think if we’re honest with ourselves we weren’t going too far in the playoffs with Heide and the wide receiver screen. Not retaining Connors or the other Juco player has proven to be the dagger.
            Heide isnt the problem. It is the fact that the offensive coaches have decided that their schemes and formations are more important than just playing football.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              Heide isnt the problem. It is the fact that the offensive coaches have decided that their schemes and formations are more important than just playing football.
              It’s almost as if the coaches don’t trust him and are doing these gimmicky plays to take the pressure off of him. He throws a good ball and should be trusted more, IMO. It’ll be a battle between him and Gibbs next fall.

Comment

He should definitely be trusted more when we’re down and it’s do or die.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  My prediction for the seeds:

1. NDSU
                  2. JMU
                  3. Sac State
                  4. Montana State
                  5. Weber State
                  6. Kennesaw State
                  7. Montana
                  8. Central Arkansas

Although I'm not sure they'll give the Big Sky four top seeds . . . Monmouth may sneak in there.
                  Please delete Kennesaw State from this list.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    Montana's loss to Montana State is a bad loss. Ours is a loss. I would hesitate to call it a bad loss--USD isn't awful, and SDSU didn't get blown out like Montana did. MSU blasted Montana in Bozeman.
                    Respectfully... What are you talking about? Montana State is a seeded team. USD didn't make the playoffs and lost to WIU.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                      It’s almost as if the coaches don’t trust him and are doing these gimmicky plays to take the pressure off of him. He throws a good ball and should be trusted more, IMO. It’ll be a battle between him and Gibbs next fall.
                      Imo they tried to trust him to throw the ball down field too much today. He didn't get off his reads fast enough and didn't throw the ball away when nothing was there and caused us to get behind the chains a lot today, which ended up being the death of us. He throws a good short and intermediate ball. He's a true freshman, he needs to develop. We should have called a game to his strengths by doing exactly what we did against UNI, running the ball and short high percentage passes, but we put too much on his plate early and gave USD hope with giving them too many possessions and the turnovers exacerbated the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        Imo they tried to trust him to throw the ball down field too much today. He didn't get off his reads fast enough and didn't throw the ball away when nothing was there and caused us to get behind the chains a lot today, which ended up being the death of us. He throws a good short and intermediate ball. He's a true freshman, he needs to develop. We should have called a game to his strengths by doing exactly what we did against UNI, running the ball and short high percentage passes, but we put too much on his plate early and gave USD hope with giving them too many possessions and the turnovers exacerbated the issue.
                        Going to have to disagree again, they didn't throw enough 50/50 balls on verticals to Cade. We didn't draw a single PI today. Mikey didn't have enough wiggle to get 10 yards out a 3 yd gain. Turnovers were the real killer, they were all fumbles. I'm fine with a deep ball getting picked off.

Turnovers were the deal today and likely again in the playoffs. Too many unforced errors again today.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                          Going to have to disagree again, they didn't throw enough 50/50 balls on verticals to Cade. We didn't draw a single PI today. Mikey didn't have enough wiggle to get 10 yards out a 3 yd gain. Turnovers were the real killer, they were all fumbles. I'm fine with a deep ball getting picked off.

Turnovers were the deal today and likely again in the playoffs. Too many unforced errors again today.
                          I'm on board with turnovers being the biggest problem, but even with those, we still would have won if we run the ball and stick with mostly short passes. The reason why you didn't see long 50/50 balls is because Heide didn't trust his read, held onto it, and got sacked for lost yardage, not because coaches didn't dial up deep balls.

Also, Mikey averaged 7.4 yards per carry. He was far from the issue. He should have had 25+ carries today instead of 17.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            I'm on board with turnovers being the biggest problem, but even with those, we still would have won if we run the ball and stick with mostly short passes. The reason why you didn't see long 50/50 balls is because Heide didn't trust his read, held onto it, and got sacked for lost yardage, not because coaches didn't dial up deep balls.

Also, Mikey averaged 7.4 yards per carry. He was far from the issue. He should have had 25+ carries today instead of 17.
                            I will preface this to say I missed some portions of the game. With that said, the run game was not getting it done, at least early in the game. When I tuned in to the possession that Heide fumbled on, yes, we seemed to be owning them then. But for the majority of the game it felt like we would get 2-3 on first and they would get 5-6.

Comment

It's a shame, but this team will most likely go out with a whimper. I said this already, if you can't beat the coyotes, does it really matter? On to basketball!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                                I will preface this to say I missed some portions of the game. With that said, the run game was not getting it done, at least early in the game. When I tuned in to the possession that Heide fumbled on, yes, we seemed to be owning them then. But for the majority of the game it felt like we would get 2-3 on first and they would get 5-6.
                                Not sure what your rationale for this is. The Jacks' one first half drive had:
                                • two 2yd gains by Daniel on 1st downs
                                • a scramble by Heide for 8yds on 3rd down
                                • a run by Heide for 7 on 1st down
                                • a rush by Heide for no gain on 2nd and goal

The Jacks' didn't attempt a run their other first half possession. Nevertheless, they averaged 5.6ypc for the entire game. I'll agree that 2yd gains aren't very exciting, but the Jacks scored a TD on the drive Daniel had those 2yd carries.

Comment

Working...
                                X