Seed Tracker 2k19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seed Tracker 2k19

Will the committee consider the fact that the Jacks don't have QB1 for most of 1 loss and all of loss 2? ISUr is a different game (hopefully) with Gibbs, correct?

I know you have to play with injuries, but if Gibbs is ready for playoffs, wouldn't it make sense to look a Gibbs led Jacks and seed based on that?
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
      Will the committee consider the fact that the Jacks don't have QB1 for most of 1 loss and all of loss 2? ISUr is a different game (hopefully) with Gibbs, correct?

I know you have to play with injuries, but if Gibbs is ready for playoffs, wouldn't it make sense to look a Gibbs led Jacks and seed based on that?
      If Gibbs was coming back, they would consider that. However, he's not coming back, so we are who we are and will be judged based on that.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        If Gibbs was coming back, they would consider that. However, he's not coming back, so we are who we are and will be judged based on that.
        I is who I am to quote Popeye. It’s a shame not having Gibbs

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I is who I am to quote Popeye. It’s a shame not having Gibbs
          I am what I am and that's all that I am

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
            I am what I am and that's all that I am
            I checked a Popeye website and here is what found: “ I yam what I yam and that all I yam.” So you are more correct than I was. There is another one “ Let’s not draw any seclusion’s”. I just watched Tyler take on tomorrow game. A very cautious and condition take. We should be able to stop UNI run game, but their passing game might hard to stop. Their top WR is questionable for tomorrow. His impairment might help us.

Comment

Jacks are a lock for 7 seed or higher if they can dominate USD next week. The beatdown of UNI was big, the to's against ISuR cost us us a top 4 seed. A 6 seed isn't out of the question.

Comment

Going into the final week, Jack's fans need to be big fans of the following teams:

Montana State
                Youngstown State
                Cal Davis

I think we are a lock for a 6 or 7 seed right now, even if the above teams don't upset any of the Montana/ISUr/Sac State cluster.

Right now, it seems like we'll have

1. Ndsu
                2. Jmu
                3. Montana / Sac state (if both win)
                4. Montana / Sac State
                5. ISUr/Weber/SDSU
                6. ISUr/Weber/SDSU
                7.ISUr/Weber/SDSU
                8. Who the eff knows? If MSU upsets UM, this could go to the Griz with the cats at a 6 or 7. Could be a 9-3 Nova or UCA. Could be CCSU or Monmouth (even though it shouldn't be). As long as we're the 6 or 7, I don't care. Especially if Sac State gets the 3. I'd like to avoid Missoula or Fargo. Being the 5 is pretty much worthless compared to the 6 or 7.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  I had missed that he was out for the year (I also didn't research it). My bad.
                  Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                  -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                    Going into the final week, Jack's fans need to be big fans of the following teams:

Montana State
                    Youngstown State
                    Cal Davis

I think we are a lock for a 6 or 7 seed right now, even if the above teams don't upset any of the Montana/ISUr/Sac State cluster.

Right now, it seems like we'll have

1. Ndsu
                    2. Jmu
                    3. Montana / Sac state (if both win)
                    4. Montana / Sac State
                    5. ISUr/Weber/SDSU
                    6. ISUr/Weber/SDSU
                    7.ISUr/Weber/SDSU
                    8. Who the eff knows? If MSU upsets UM, this could go to the Griz with the cats at a 6 or 7. Could be a 9-3 Nova or UCA. Could be CCSU or Monmouth (even though it shouldn't be). As long as we're the 6 or 7, I don't care. Especially if Sac State gets the 3. I'd like to avoid Missoula or Fargo. Being the 5 is pretty much worthless compared to the 6 or 7.
                    I don’t think I could stomach another beat down in Fargo or Missoula although it would be sweet to take out the Griz at home in the playoffs to finally get them back for ‘09

Comment

Illinois State’s QB is out for the rest of the season.

If YSU beats ISU, Montana State beats Montana, and UC Davis beats Sac State, which seed do the Jacks get, assuming a win over USD?

Jacks were #5 in both polls today. Stig just said they sent the committee their injury report from a couple weeks ago which is very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                        Illinois State’s QB is out for the rest of the season.

If YSU beats ISU, Montana State beats Montana, and UC Davis beats Sac State, which seed do the Jacks get, assuming a win over USD?

Jacks were #5 in both polls today. Stig just said they sent the committee their injury report from a couple weeks ago which is very interesting.
                        In that scenario, the Jack's would be a lock for either the 3 or 4. Weber fell behind the Jack's in the Coach's and Stats polls with their blowout loss, but who knows if the committee will see it that way.

But by process of elimination, there is no one left besides Weber, NDSU, and JMU that could jump us. I also think at least one of Montana/Sac/ISUR will lose Saturday, giving us a good shot at the 5 or 6, and maybe even the 4. My money would be on ISUr and Montana going down. Montana is playing great, but the same one dimensional MSU team has been able to beat Montana 3 years in a row, and the game is in Bozeman. If YSU wasnt fully in "throw in the towel mode", I'd say they'd be favored at home vs ISUr. But man, they've looked terrible since mid October, so I dont know if they can get up for it. Sac-Davis is rivalry, but not sure where it's being played. Davis still has talent, so I wouldn't be shocked if they pull it off.

Not sure on the injury report situation. That may be what all teams do? It also may not have anything to do with seeding and may be more about roster size and travel rosters for playoffs.

Comment

Regarding the injury report— I haven’t heard Stig mention they’ve sent that to the committee before but maybe they have in prior years. Does the committee even consider injuries when deciding seeds?

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                            Regarding the injury report— I haven’t heard Stig mention they’ve sent that to the committee before but maybe they have in prior years. Does the committee even consider injuries when deciding seeds?
                            I think they consider it in the sense that if you drop a game in the season when your starting QB/RB/Playmaker was out, but they return for the playoffs, they might cut you a little slack and/or measure your potential as a team based on your starters being healthy again for the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                              I think they consider it in the sense that if you drop a game in the season when your starting QB/RB/Playmaker was out, but they return for the playoffs, they might cut you a little slack and/or measure your potential as a team based on your starters being healthy again for the playoffs.
                              I think they'll also take into account a team's performance after a major loss to injury. For example, we have shown out well after losing Gibbs, so we probably won't see a drop due to Gibbs being out. However, if ISUr doesn't look good against a YSU team that has nothing to play for, they'll definitely factor in the fact that ISUr may not be as good without Davis and possibly move them to the #7 see, assuming they win. However, Davis wasn't a world beater and they're built on defense, so idk how much of a difference it will make anyway.

Comment

If you're wondering what the seeding picture looks like after a big win last week, check out this week's podcast. It's a bit lengthy, but worth it in my completely biased opinion:

https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrt...92sbp/a-anrnbf

Comment

Working...
                                X