X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU Post-Game Comments

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/argusmatt...17245474807808

This isn't sounding good. We'll see, but I'm thinking its next man up.
    Thought it was ACL the way he knew instantly after the hit it was bad. Heide better be ready to rock.

Playoffs will still happen and probably even a seed. Natty won't be happening this year though with Gibbs out.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
      Thought it was ACL the way he knew instantly after the hit it was bad. Heide better be ready to rock.

Playoffs will still happen and probably even a seed. Natty won't be happening this year though with Gibbs out.
      Not disagreeing, because that's a pretty logical take. But I will say that the 15 Bison made it through the playoffs with a freshmen Easton Stick passing about 10 times per game, so it can be done. Weber State has been a consistent quarterfinal team the last few years with a non-existent passing game. It's not ideal, but with the right matchups, this team still has potential to make a run. We still have a top 10 D, and dominant run game, great special teams, and fantastic receivers. Maine made a run last year on good D and opportunistic offense based on a strong run game. I won't write off a quarterfinal/semi-final run just yet. This would be a good time for our o line to step up and start road grading for the run game.

Comment

Not disagreeing, because that's a pretty logical take. But I will say that the 15 Bison made it through the playoffs with a freshmen Easton Stick passing about 10 times per game, so it can be done. Weber State has been a consistent quarterfinal team the last few years with a non-existent passing game. It's not ideal, but with the right matchups, this team still has potential to make a run. We still have a top 10 D, and dominant run game, great special teams, and fantastic receivers. Maine made a run last year on good D and opportunistic offense based on a strong run game. I won't write off a quarterfinal/semi-final run just yet. This would be a good time for our o line to step up and start road grading for the run game.
        Oh I'm expecting at least the quarterfinals with the semis a good chance of happening. I just don't think we beat JMU or NDSU in the playoffs with a true freshman.

Genant and Harris back will be big and our Oline can hang with anyone when on point with Genant.

I'd like to see Tucker Kraft in the playoffs if he's ready, our tight ends have been spectacularly underwhelming in the pass game this year. Drops, false starts in the last game that really hurt (scheme is under utilizing them as well).

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
          Oh I'm expecting at least the quarterfinals with the semis a good chance of happening. I just don't think we beat JMU or NDSU in the playoffs with a true freshman.

Genant and Harris back will be big and our Oline can hang with anyone when on point with Genant.

I'd like to see Tucker Kraft in the playoffs if he's ready, our tight ends have been spectacularly underwhelming in the pass game this year. Drops, false starts in the last game that really hurt (scheme is under utilizing them as well).
          Agreed on the TEs. Underwhelming since the Heins injury, at least in the pass game. Run blocking has been great. But the penalties have been disproportionate.

Comment

It’s next man up. I feel bad for Gibbs.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Our O-line and RBs are very good. Some of you are ready to jump off of a cliff based on a surprise 1/2 of playing time for Heide. I would hope if we recruited him he has enough talent to throw the ball well enough to keep the run open. I'm still fired up for the run game and defense. The pass game, we will see. Best of luck to the new Jack, hopefully he has enough time to keep improving and take us to the promised land.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Tough break for J'Bore, hopefully he can recover fully. He seems to be a great kid with a good attitude, I'm sure he'll come back as good as ever.

One good thing IIRC is that Eck ran a run-heavy power offense when at Mankato, so at least he has experience with that type of football.

I have faith that we will take care of business to get a seed, but we will definitely need some improvement in the passing game if we have any hopes of beating NDSU/JMU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                  Tough break for J'Bore, hopefully he can recover fully. He seems to be a great kid with a good attitude, I'm sure he'll come back as good as ever.

One good thing IIRC is that Eck ran a run-heavy power offense when at Mankato, so at least he has experience with that type of football.

I have faith that we will take care of business to get a seed, but we will definitely need some improvement in the passing game if we have any hopes of beating NDSU/JMU.
                  Yeah, we'll be okay. Eck is still a run first guy, even though we've been balanced this year. Those Mankato teams won a lot of games by keeping the ball for 38 minutes and running their opponent into the dirt.

And we almost beat NDSU without a pass game on Saturday. Without a false start, we might have seen a 23-16 or 19-16 Jackrabbit victory without a threat of throwing the ball.
                  Last edited by Mr_Tibbs; 10-29-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Yeah, we'll be okay. Eck is still a run first guy, even though we've been balanced this year. Those Mankato teams won a lot of games by keeping the ball for 38 minutes and running theirnopponwnt into the dirt.

And we almost beat NDSU without a pass game on Saturday. Without a false start, we might have seen a 23-16 or 19-16 Jackrabbit victory without a threat of throwing the ball.

I agree. Not throwing in the towel.

Comment

Yeah, we'll be okay. Eck is still a run first guy, even though we've been balanced this year. Those Mankato teams won a lot of games by keeping the ball for 38 minutes and running theirnopponwnt into the dirt.

Yep, that false start was absolutely a killer.And I really feel that our coaches learned a valuable lesson going forward as to what they do as far as play calling with Heide (hopefully) as our quarterback. I feel we are going to see a bunch of power runs with a feel deep shots and short passing game. The intermediate passes are where guys can bait a qb into an ill advised throw and a pick, just like ndsu did. If our qb's can eliminate turnovers this is still a top 4 team in the nation. Our d will keep us in any game and our run game is just too good to not have success even with a limited passing game

Comment

Really want you guys to win out and crawl up to the 3 seed. If that happens, JMU better be shaking in their boots and a time for redemption for you guys. I'd love an NDSU/SDSU rematch in Frisco......

Comment

The rest of the team is going to have to rally in a huge way if we’re going to stay in the top 8. That would be a big accomplishment with either a true freshman or Nelson leading the offense. I would say that it’s a REALLY long shot if I did not just witness what we did against NDSU when everyone in the stadium could see that the only way we were going to move the ball was on the ground.

Comment

Very sorry to hear about Gibbs. I hope he recovers as quickly as possible!

Comment

Hope you guys win out and get the 2, 3, 6 or 7 seed. Would love to have a rematch in Frisco.

On other news, I guess we found out what the bet was:
                              https://twitter.com/cj_wentz/status/1189629918986014726

Comment

Working...
                              X