NDSU Post-Game Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU Post-Game Comments

-Fun game with a lot of ups and downs. I don't fault Eck for throwing the ball on 3rd and 9 in the 4th because quite frankly, I don't have confidence in CV right now. The false start was the unfortunate piece of it.
    -Really impressed that we were able to move the ball effectively all game w/ our 2nd and 3rd string QB. Bison turds will downplay the significance, but the drop off from our #1 to #2-#3 is bigger than it has ever been since making the move. Case in point, our coaches scrambling to bring in a transfer before last spring.
    -Also, really impressive that our defense was able to shut them down. (3 touchdows came on 2 long runs and a turnover inside our 15). Especially, with Diamond Evans and Micheal Griffin in and out in the 2nd half.
    -It is like clockwork every year seeing the same comments from Bison fans "refs were terrible", "jacks are dirty", "they are pulling out all their tricks in this game".....pretty laughable but never gets old. As a poster said before, its because the gap is closing and they know it, and the only way to cope is spew junk.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks View Post
      -Fun game with a lot of ups and downs. I don't fault Eck for throwing the ball on 3rd and 9 in the 4th because quite frankly, I don't have confidence in CV right now. The false start was the unfortunate piece of it.
      -Really impressed that we were able to move the ball effectively all game w/ our 2nd and 3rd string QB. Bison turds will downplay the significance, but the drop off from our #1 to #2-#3 is bigger than it has ever been since making the move. Case in point, our coaches scrambling to bring in a transfer before last spring.
      -Also, really impressive that our defense was able to shut them down. (3 touchdows came on 2 long runs and a turnover inside our 15). Especially, with Diamond Evans and Micheal Griffin in and out in the 2nd half.
      -It is like clockwork every year seeing the same comments from Bison fans "refs were terrible", "jacks are dirty", "they are pulling out all their tricks in this game".....pretty laughable but never gets old. As a poster said before, its because the gap is closing and they know it, and the only way to cope is spew junk.
      I don't understand the "gap is closing". The bison went from 1999 - 2011 without winning in Brookings. Since they have only won in 2011, 2013 & 2015 down there. This game is always a battle in Brookings and Saturday was no different. When the Jacks come to Fargo and win in December is when we will find out if the "gap is closing".

Comment

I haven't watch James Madison play this year, but I have a hard time believing that there are any better teams in the country than NDSU and SDSU. Hopefully, for the sake of both teams and the MVFC, the playoff pairings allow us to meet in Frisco and not before. As an SDSU fan, yes it gets old that "we have to go to Fargo every year in the playoffs." It also has to get old for NDSU too though, they deserve better than to play that quality of a team too early in the playoffs.

From what I recall, SDSU had 3 drives into the red zone that netted 6 points (2/3 fg). Another 2 drives inside the 30 that netted 0 points. Credit to NDSU for not letting SDSU finish drives, that's what separates the elite from the best.

Credit to SDSU for going toe to toe with the #1 team without a starting QB. Battling for 3.5 qtrs like that is what is starting to move SDSU into that elite category. A few years ago, SDSU would not have had the depth or talent on offense, defense, or special teams to battle through adversity and go a full game against NDSU without a QB.

Neither team can get too high or too low from this game. There is still a lot of season left, and if/when the rematch happens - that'll be the one that is remembered more because the winner will be on their way to a National Championship.

With the game sold out, I was expecting there to be far more NDSU fans. There really weren't a whole lot there. Aside from one chant at the end of the 3rd, I really didn't hear much at all from them. And I can probably recall one time about each game we've gone to the FargoDome where we've overtaken their stadium with a chant for a short amount of time too when we've gotten all the momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
          I don't understand the "gap is closing". The bison went from 1999 - 2011 without winning in Brookings. Since they have only won in 2011, 2013 & 2015 down there. This game is always a battle in Brookings and Saturday was no different. When the Jacks come to Fargo and win in December is when we will find out if the "gap is closing".
          The only way to measure is in wins, yes, NDSU has dominated the win category as of late. I think any real FCS fan, logical NDSU fan, and most SDSU fans, would say that if you really looked at the games played, the gap isn't that wide. But NDSU is the superior program, and finds a way to win like an elite program should.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
            The only way to measure is in wins, yes, NDSU has dominated the win category as of late. I think any real FCS fan, logical NDSU fan, and most SDSU fans, would say that if you really looked at the games played, the gap isn't that wide. But NDSU is the superior program, and finds a way to win like an elite program should.
            Except we've really only been competitive one time when all our chips were in the middle. I'm with scbison, we need to beat them in the playoffs and thus far we consistently haven't been close. If it makes us feel better to say they are scared because we are getting closer that's fine, but I'll bet there aren't many bison fans that don't "expect" to beat the Jacks. I'm not sure you can say the same about our fan base. I'm thinking we are still in the "hope" phase.

Comment

“Gap is closing” was probably the wrong thing to say. What I should have said was that we have raised our bar in terms on field talent and coaching are getting to a point where their fans see us as a true threat. Until we beat them in the playoffs, point is moot, but to not notice that we look like we belong on the same field as them, as opposed to 3+ years ago, is being a little blind.

Comment

“Gap is closing” was probably the wrong thing to say. What I should have said was that we have raised our bar in terms on field talent and coaching are getting to a point where their fans see us as a true threat. Until we beat them in the playoffs, point is moot, but to not notice that we look like we belong on the same field as them, as opposed to 3+ years ago, is being a little blind.
                However, that game on Saturday was probably the most fun i have had at an FCS game in a loong time. The sunshine, packed house made for a great time. I just wish they would have added more restrooms on the visitor side .

That stadium is perfect for FCS football and is an all around great setup, even the tailgate had a big time feel.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                  I just wish they would have added more restrooms on the visitor side .
                  As if your fan base is afraid to piss on CMU walls.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    Except we've really only been competitive one time when all our chips were in the middle. I'm with scbison, we need to beat them in the playoffs and thus far we consistently haven't been close. If it makes us feel better to say they are scared because we are getting closer that's fine, but I'll bet there aren't many bison fans that don't "expect" to beat the Jacks. I'm not sure you can say the same about our fan base. I'm thinking we are still in the "hope" phase.
                    07 - SDSU beat #1 NDSU
                    08 - SDSU beat NDSU by going for 2 pt conversion at end of game.
                    09 - SDSU win
                    10 - NDSU win by 7 pts
                    11 - NDSU win by 15 (first non competitive game by SDSU)
                    12 - NDSU win by 3, Dakota Marker. NDSU blowout in playoffs (2nd non competitive game by SDSU)
                    13 - NDSU win by 20, (3rd non competitive game by SDSU)
                    14 - NDSU win by 20, Dakota Marker (4th non competitive game by SDSU). NDSU scores late TD to win by 3 in playoff rematch.
                    15 - NDSU win by 21 (5th non competitive game by SDSU)
                    16 - SDSU win on last second TD, Dakota Marker. NDSU win by 26 in playoffs (6th non competitive game by SDSU)
                    17 - SDSU win by 12
                    18 - NDSU win by 4, Dakota Marker. NDSU win by 23 in playoffs (7th non competitive game by SDSU)
                    19 - NDSU win by 7.

So in the last 17 matchups. SDSU has won 5. SDSU has 7 blowout losses, 5 other close loses. Some of the blowouts slipped my mind until I looked back up these scores. But a lot of these close games have been very memorable games. That makes 10/17 games that we've been competitive in. I actually thought the number would be more in our favor than what it was... oh well. I seem to remember losses like the 2014 playoff, 2018 and 2019 regular season, and not the others.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                      07 - SDSU beat #1 NDSU
                      08 - SDSU beat NDSU by going for 2 pt conversion at end of game.
                      09 - SDSU win
                      10 - NDSU win by 7 pts
                      11 - NDSU win by 15 (first non competitive game by SDSU)
                      12 - NDSU win by 3, Dakota Marker. NDSU blowout in playoffs (2nd non competitive game by SDSU)
                      13 - NDSU win by 20, (3rd non competitive game by SDSU)
                      14 - NDSU win by 20, Dakota Marker (4th non competitive game by SDSU). NDSU scores late TD to win by 3 in playoff rematch.
                      15 - NDSU win by 21 (5th non competitive game by SDSU)
                      16 - SDSU win on last second TD, Dakota Marker. NDSU win by 26 in playoffs (6th non competitive game by SDSU)
                      17 - SDSU win by 12
                      18 - NDSU win by 4, Dakota Marker. NDSU win by 23 in playoffs (7th non competitive game by SDSU)
                      19 - NDSU win by 7.

So in the last 17 matchups. SDSU has won 5. SDSU has 7 blowout losses, 5 other close loses. Some of the blowouts slipped my mind until I looked back up these scores. But a lot of these close games have been very memorable games. That makes 10/17 games that we've been competitive in. I actually thought the number would be more in our favor than what it was... oh well. I seem to remember losses like the 2014 playoff, 2018 and 2019 regular season, and not the others.
                      Actually the 2008 & 2009 seasons got wiped from the record so they do not count.

Comment

-Fun game with a lot of ups and downs. I don't fault Eck for throwing the ball on 3rd and 9 in the 4th
                        You are better person than I am then. You don't put that in the hands of a freshman QB with limited snaps that week. You just don't.
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                          You are better person than I am then. You don't put that in the hands of a freshman QB with limited snaps that week. You just don't.
                          It just seemed like cade was non factor after gibbs went down. I was hoping to see more looks for ndsu to deal with but after gibbs went down probably didnt want to open the playbook anymore.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The refs were total garbage for both teams, its ok to admit it. Each team got hosed in one way of the other re watch the game with an open mind you will see it. This year the MVFC refs have been off the charts bad in other games I have watched also
                            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                              The refs were total garbage for both teams, its ok to admit it. Each team got hosed in one way of the other re watch the game with an open mind you will see it. This year the MVFC refs have been off the charts bad in other games I have watched also
                              The late hit out of bounds early in the game roughing the passer was bad. One nelson took a hit after he threw the ball but that wasnt called. At least to me those seemed borderline at best.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                                This is the same crew that did the SUU game for us. Truly a terrible crew.
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X