NDSU Post-Game Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU Post-Game Comments

I hope Stig walked into the locker room after the game and told every single one of those kids that they were the better ****ing team today. They need to hear it and believe it. SDSU is going to beat them in the playoffs.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: NDSU Post-Game Comments

Amen!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      I hope Stig walked into the locker room after the game and told every single one of those kids that they were the better ****ing team today. They need to hear it and believe it. SDSU is going to beat them in the playoffs.

Shouldn't it be *******ing ("nutmegging")?

Seriously though, for those who rip Stig for decisionmaking, I hope this game illustrated that all coaches make mistakes. Entz egregiously erred on the trick play that resulted in an INT. Unfortunately, Jacks' response was an INT, but Stig put that on the coaches as well for failing to consider they had a freshman in at QB, albeit a very impressive freshman.

In short, when comparing Jacks and Bison, I can't think of any position group where I wish the Jacks and Bison could swap players.

Comment

Bison barely got out alive and we were playing the #3 QB in the depth chart (and I liked what I saw from the true freshman).

The Jacks will either get their starter back or we will have his backups ready with more experience when we see the Bison in the playoffs.

Comment

I'm still pissed/disappointed/whatever about the game, but I think it needs to be said how freaking cool yesterday was. I was cheesing for like 6 hours straight yesterday about everything that went on surrounding that football game. Once in a lifetime.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I realize we lost our QB, and that will have an affect on any game, but no excuses. Tip your cap to the Bison (again! argh.)

The thing I love is the team didn't quit or pack it in either.

The Bison just bully people into submission. They can't do that to SDSU any more. (or at least this game, they did last year in the playoffs)

The Jackrabbits can stand toe to toe with them, and they know it.

That's why their fans hate our team. They don't hate S. Illinois, they don't hate USD, they don't hate Missouri State.

We're catching them. They know it.

Comment

In addition to excellent Argus Leader coverage of the NDSU game (and ESPN’s GameDay event), today’s Fargo Forum has a number of articles and opinion pieces that are good reads.

Comment

This team's lack of quit is something special man, we could've rolled over after Gibbs went out and could've rolled over after going down by 10, but this group said hell no. Impressive stuff by our team and coaches. I don't think I will have my voice back for another few days, yesterday was truly magical from my first beer at 4:30 to the walk out of the stadium after the game.

Comment

These teams are very much equals now. Yesterday came down to who blinked first, and it was SDSU. The things that I asked myself this morning were:

-Why did the staff stay with Nelson for so long? He was ineffective and it handcuffed an offense that already was handicapped by the injury

-For as great at the defense played, missed tackles cost us the game on those two long runs. NDSU wasnt going to be able to drive the length of the field against us and score a TD.

-The offensive line still struggles pass blocking in passing situations. They have to be able to protect whomever is throwing the ball.

Overall a great game, day, and week to be a Jackrabbit. I just hope that this lights a fire under the fanbase to get out and support the team.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Between the 20's the Jacks had the Bison all out of sorts all game. That's good coaching. Playing most the game with back up qb's and doing it...that's great coaching. Strong is a beast. Can't quite figure out what the Bison coaches were thinking...our offense looked like our old Polasek offense...nothing setting up future plays...just random plays. The Jacks good coaching really made the Bison coaching look even worse. With your starting qb in, I think a Bison W would have been doubtful. Great learning experience for our coaches in their new roles.

Congrats on Gameday. The Jacks owned it...despite the 42 busloads of Bison fans. Hope your qb makes it back to 100% quickly. Would like to see you guys at 100%...you deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                      These teams are very much equals now. Yesterday came down to who blinked first, and it was SDSU. The things that I asked myself this morning were:

-Why did the staff stay with Nelson for so long? He was ineffective and it handcuffed an offense that already was handicapped by the injury

-For as great at the defense played, missed tackles cost us the game on those two long runs. NDSU wasnt going to be able to drive the length of the field against us and score a TD.

-The offensive line still struggles pass blocking in passing situations. They have to be able to protect whomever is throwing the ball.

Overall a great game, day, and week to be a Jackrabbit. I just hope that this lights a fire under the fanbase to get out and support the team.
                      I had been in range to watch NDSU in their two previous victories, in fact I stopped watching the Missouri State game after Cofield made a breakaway run for a TD. I think our guys really battled yesterday and we could come out on top in the playoffs. Heidi seems to be our best bet for QB and hopefully Gibbs will be back soon. Stopping Cofield will be as much of a challenge as Pierre Strong is for the bison.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        I had been in range to watch NDSU in their two previous victories, in fact I stopped watching the Missouri State game after Cofield made a breakaway run for a TD. I think our guys really battled yesterday and we could come out on top in the playoffs. Heidi seems to be our best bet for QB and hopefully Gibbs will be back soon. Stopping Cofield will be as much of a challenge as Pierre Strong is for the bison.
                        Call me confident Jacks can stop Cofield. Rozeboom mentioned in postgame (6:30 mark) that he was expecting something like QB keeper/run up gut on Cofield's long run.

If/when teams meet in the playoffs, hopefully the Heidi mention isn't premonition that ESPN feed will revisit this.

Comment

Holy smokes was that fun. Gameday was way cooler than I thought it would be. Our tailgate was a weird mix of the usuals, Bison fans, and a bunch of random college kids. Everyone got along great and carried on like they knew each other their entire life. The weather was beautiful for the game and both teams played really well. A full stadium creates an atmosphere that is unforgettable. I would love for our next time meeting them to be in Frisco. It is a definite possibility.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                            Holy smokes was that fun. Gameday was way cooler than I thought it would be. Our tailgate was a weird mix of the usuals, Bison fans, and a bunch of random college kids. Everyone got along great and carried on like they knew each other their entire life. The weather was beautiful for the game and both teams played really well. A full stadium creates an atmosphere that is unforgettable. I would love for our next time meeting them to be in Frisco. It is a definite possibility.
                            The underlined is the most Dakota thing ever. Having lived all over the USA I can tell you that this is not the way it is anywhere else.

Comment

Anyone have an info on Gibbs?

Comment

Working...
                              X