Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: NDSU Bison (ESPN College GameDay Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: NDSU Bison (ESPN College GameDay Edition)

SDSU showed great, however I think the only time they would even consider coming back is if USD ever gets good and it is a top 5 clash. Otherwise it is been there done that. Montana, Delaware, New Hampshire, Maine, Eastern Washington, Kennesaw would likely get a shot before we do again.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
      SDSU showed great, however I think the only time they would even consider coming back is if USD ever gets good and it is a top 5 clash. Otherwise it is been there done that. Montana, Delaware, New Hampshire, Maine, Eastern Washington, Kennesaw would likely get a shot before we do again.
      So you are saying it won't ever happen.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Overall it was a very cool weekend. (minus the game out come.) Few awesome points:
        -The Jacks are poised to compete for deep run
        -This is the close to the atmosphere we should have had for ALL big games
        -"Run the ball" should still be our goal
        - Tailgating was epic
        -Xison tailgating lot looked lived up what I expect from the "thundering turds"....I took a pic Sunday morning of the lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackwagon View Post
          Overall it was a very cool weekend. (minus the game out come.) Few awesome points:
          -The Jacks are poised to compete for deep run
          -This is the close to the atmosphere we should have had for ALL big games
          -"Run the ball" should still be our goal
          - Tailgating was epic
          -Xison tailgating lot looked lived up what I expect from the "thundering turds"....I took a pic Sunday morning of the lot.
          Disagree, unless your pic shows different than what I saw on my way to church at 7am....their trash was bagged and set in piles. I've seen our own lots look atrocious, garbage everywhere. I can dig on their fanbase if it is warranted but they generally do it right.

I was happy with the crowd and how much Blue there was, hopefully next time we can cut their numbers in half and still get 19K+ in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            Disagree, unless your pic shows different than what I saw on my way to church at 7am....their trash was bagged and set in piles. I've seen our own lots look atrocious, garbage everywhere. I can dig on their fanbase if it is warranted but they generally do it right.

I was happy with the crowd and how much Blue there was, hopefully next time we can cut their numbers in half and still get 19K+ in there.
            I agree - when I drove by after the game, all their trash was bagged up and sitting in nice little piles. No issues from me.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              I agree - when I drove by after the game, all their trash was bagged up and sitting in nice little piles. No issues from me.
              Several years ago when the students had a tailgating lot in the parking by hper it was horrible. Looked like a house party got trashed. not a good imagine and not something I would like my kids to see or my parents or grandparents. Not against fans having a good time. I sure did my fair share but cups and beer cans and trash blowing everywhere.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                I doubt USD would or could move the needle enough to get them to come back. Of the rest of your list, Montana v Montana State simply due to the crowd size, noise and history involved. If both were top 5, yes, I could see Game Day in Missoula. NDSU is a draw, nationally known, big following, hate to say it but they are a draw themselves. The Marker game pitting two top FCS teams is a draw. SDSU v USD, no matter the rankings is not a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                  I doubt USD would or could move the needle enough to get them to come back. Of the rest of your list, Montana v Montana State simply due to the crowd size, noise and history involved. If both were top 5, yes, I could see Game Day in Missoula. NDSU is a draw, nationally known, big following, hate to say it but they are a draw themselves. The Marker game pitting two top FCS teams is a draw. SDSU v USD, no matter the rankings is not a draw.
                  What would hurt MSU and UM would be the time of year that game is played. It's always the last game on the schedule for both teams. There will almost always be a pivotal P5 matchup at that point in the season somewhere. As far as excitement, you're spot on. That matchup is a big deal in Montana.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post

I saw the trash bagged...but I also saw 4 empty dumpsters. I’m not bent out of shape. Just an observation...if my kid takes the trash bag and sets it outside and not in the can...I’m going to have a problem. Either way, wasn’t the end of the world.

Comment

I don't think we'll ever see Game Day in Brookings again.

Unless it's the same type of thing... and SDSU is ranked #1 and the undefeated defending champs, and hosting a highly ranked NDSU and/or USD (heh) squad.

But most likely, it'll never happen again. But it was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                      X