Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: NDSU Bison (ESPN College GameDay Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: NDSU Bison (ESPN College GameDay Edition)

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Lance was adequate throwing the short to mid-range passes, but he doesn't have the touch and accuracy on the deep balls that Gibbs does. Jacks fans should feel good about the next three years with Gibbs at QB, and with the recruiting classes of the past two years along with the upcoming one. And days like yesterday are going to help bring high-end recruits to Brookings.
    I would still put Lance over Gibbs for touch and accuracy...but the Jacks have better receivers that make the qb look better. Jacks receivers would have caught at least one of Lance's long passes (which shouldn't have been called in the first place...we either went short or real long...mid-range is where we should have attacked). Oh well, we were fortunate and the coaches/players can learn. Once again, Stig had a great regular season plan...

Comment

Well it is the first time Gopher football has been relevant in nearly 50 yr. And, after next week they'll likely not.

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      Now look what you have done....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1188237675754643457
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
        Well it is the first time Gopher football has been relevant in nearly 50 yr. And, after next week they'll likely not.
        There is a case to be made that the jacks may have been the most complete team that Minnesota has played to date. It is easy to look good in that half of the Big 10 conference.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Is it possible or realistic to create the "Game Day" type of experience without ESPN and a NDSU opponent? That level of engagement from tailgating/sold out attendence and to have crowd staying the entire game will impact future games. Granted the weather was perfect too. Still nice to see whats possible! Still know a lot of people who didn't show up for a variety of reasons, but felt like they missed out on something big!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            Is it possible or realistic to create the "Game Day" type of experience without ESPN and a NDSU opponent? That level of engagement from tailgating/sold out attendence and to have crowd staying the entire game will impact future games. Granted the weather was perfect too. Still nice to see whats possible! Still know a lot of people who didn't show up for a variety of reasons, but felt like they missed out on something big!
            Obviously you'll never be able to get to that level, but I've been on the soapbox begging for something like gameday for a few years. Even if it were on the radio, make the pregame an event. Interviews with coaches, athletes, and alumni.

There needs to be a better effort between the city and the school to drum up interest in the program each and every week.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              Obviously you'll never be able to get to that level, but I've been on the soapbox begging for something like gameday for a few years. Even if it were on the radio, make the pregame an event. Interviews with coaches, athletes, and alumni.

There needs to be a better effort between the city and the school to drum up interest in the program each and every week.
              I think it was even a statewide event with the Mayor of Sioux Falls and Governor etc.

Comment

I think it was even a statewide event with the Mayor of Sioux Falls and Governor etc.
                The school needs to figure out how to use this to their benefit going forward. I would hate to see things go back to what they were after seeing what is possible when we all come together

Comment

One small rant on the Game Day production was the continued reference of SDSU being birthplace of cookies and cream ice cream. Thats nice, but what about a story on the birthplace and home of Daktronics. Talk about relevance! Maybe I missed it? Just saw a Daktronics produced video.

Comment

One small rant on the Game Day production was the continued reference of SDSU being birthplace of cookies and cream ice cream. Thats nice, but what about a story on the birthplace and home of Daktronics. Talk about relevance! Maybe I missed it? Just saw a Daktronics produced video.
                    Maybe something to do with not wanting to promote a business? There were rules against promotions in signs in the pit.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      Maybe something to do with not wanting to promote a business? There were rules against promotions in signs in the pit.
                      That's probably it. The NCAA and ESPN make good money off their sponsors. If you aren't a corporate sponsor you probably aren't going to get airtime

Comment

There are a lot of stories left untold with SDSU and Brookings. My optimism is beaming that College Game Day will be back to cover HOBO Week/ Day in the next few years. Hobos, Halloween and College Game Day, October 31, 2020 maybe?!
                        We...ARE...STATE!
                        SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                          There are a lot of stories left untold with SDSU and Brookings. My optimism is beaming that College Game Day will be back to cover HOBO Week/ Day in the next few years. Hobos, Halloween and College Game Day, October 31, 2020 maybe?!
                          However cool that might be, I would absolutely not bet your house on it.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            However cool that might be, I would absolutely not bet your house on it.
                            Can I bet your house then?!
                            We...ARE...STATE!
                            SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

No offense, but to the average Joe, cookies & cream > Daktronics.
                              99.9% of the world has no idea what Daktronics is. 99.9% know what cookies & cream is.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                                No offense, but to the average Joe, cookies & cream > Daktronics.
                                99.9% of the world has no idea what Daktronics is. 99.9% know what cookies & cream is.
                                Yep. A claim to fame people can relate too. I think Briggs from Briggs and Stratton is a cool connect to sdsu. But cookies and cream is pretty cool.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X