Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU Bison (ESPN College GameDay Edition)

Default Re: GDT: NDSU Bison (ESPN College GameDay Edition)

There are a lot of stories left untold with SDSU and Brookings. My optimism is beaming that College Game Day will be back to cover HOBO Week/ Day in the next few years. Hobos, Halloween and College Game Day, October 31, 2020 maybe?!
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoJacks View Post
    There are a lot of stories left untold with SDSU and Brookings. My optimism is beaming that College Game Day will be back to cover HOBO Week/ Day in the next few years. Hobos, Halloween and College Game Day, October 31, 2020 maybe?!
    However cool that might be, I would absolutely not bet your house on it.

Quote Originally Posted by slosho View Post
    However cool that might be, I would absolutely not bet your house on it.
    Can I bet your house then?!
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Quote Originally Posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    One small rant on the Game Day production was the continued reference of SDSU being birthplace of cookies and cream ice cream. Thats nice, but what about a story on the birthplace and home of Daktronics. Talk about relevance! Maybe I missed it? Just saw a Daktronics produced video.
    No offense, but to the average Joe, cookies & cream > Daktronics.
    99.9% of the world has no idea what Daktronics is. 99.9% know what cookies & cream is.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
    No offense, but to the average Joe, cookies & cream > Daktronics.
    99.9% of the world has no idea what Daktronics is. 99.9% know what cookies & cream is.
    Yep. A claim to fame people can relate too. I think Briggs from Briggs and Stratton is a cool connect to sdsu. But cookies and cream is pretty cool.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

SDSU showed great, however I think the only time they would even consider coming back is if USD ever gets good and it is a top 5 clash. Otherwise it is been there done that. Montana, Delaware, New Hampshire, Maine, Eastern Washington, Kennesaw would likely get a shot before we do again.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbits64 View Post
    SDSU showed great, however I think the only time they would even consider coming back is if USD ever gets good and it is a top 5 clash. Otherwise it is been there done that. Montana, Delaware, New Hampshire, Maine, Eastern Washington, Kennesaw would likely get a shot before we do again.
    So you are saying it won't ever happen.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Overall it was a very cool weekend. (minus the game out come.) Few awesome points:
    -The Jacks are poised to compete for deep run
    -This is the close to the atmosphere we should have had for ALL big games
    -"Run the ball" should still be our goal
    - Tailgating was epic
    -Xison tailgating lot looked lived up what I expect from the "thundering turds"....I took a pic Sunday morning of the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackwagon View Post
    Overall it was a very cool weekend. (minus the game out come.) Few awesome points:
    -The Jacks are poised to compete for deep run
    -This is the close to the atmosphere we should have had for ALL big games
    -"Run the ball" should still be our goal
    - Tailgating was epic
    -Xison tailgating lot looked lived up what I expect from the "thundering turds"....I took a pic Sunday morning of the lot.
    Disagree, unless your pic shows different than what I saw on my way to church at 7am....their trash was bagged and set in piles. I've seen our own lots look atrocious, garbage everywhere. I can dig on their fanbase if it is warranted but they generally do it right.

I was happy with the crowd and how much Blue there was, hopefully next time we can cut their numbers in half and still get 19K+ in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Disagree, unless your pic shows different than what I saw on my way to church at 7am....their trash was bagged and set in piles. I've seen our own lots look atrocious, garbage everywhere. I can dig on their fanbase if it is warranted but they generally do it right.

I was happy with the crowd and how much Blue there was, hopefully next time we can cut their numbers in half and still get 19K+ in there.
    I agree - when I drove by after the game, all their trash was bagged up and sitting in nice little piles. No issues from me.