Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: NDSU Bison (ESPN College GameDay Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: NDSU Bison (ESPN College GameDay Edition)

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    Anybody still have their voice?
    Heck no. The crowd was awesome, and there were so many things about the Jacks we could be impressed with -- from PSJ to another fine game by Rozeboom to Heide basically coming in cold and contributing to the initial comeback.

The loss definitely hurts, but I'm guessing the rest of the Valley wants no part of the Jacks after this. Here's to hoping Gibbs has adequate time to recover and the Jacks put together a winning streak for the ages that continues through Frisco.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
      I watched that last part unfold in my lot. Just being dicks about it.
      Actually in the library lot they asked politely if they would dump them or if they would have to issue a citation.
      They were Brookings PD.

Comment

Ridiculous
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Tough, tough loss. Several opportunities lost. I think Kanin Nelson deserves more credit he gets. Several backup QBs have quit on the Jacks. Not Nelson. He's dedicated, tough and a solid backup.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Now look what you have done....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1188237675754643457

Comment

• GDT: NDSU Bison (ESPN College GameDay Edition)

It’s so frustrating the way everything on the offensive side seemed to build up to this game week by week and then it all crashes in one weak tackle. There was so much anticipation to to see the full playbook and Gibbs was getting better with each game. Things opened up really well with a pile of first quarter yards and then - poof. Suddenly not only is Gibbs out, but Cade, Anderson and Janke might as well have been as well. What a deal for NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                Fun stat:

Gibbs led all passers in the game (not just the Jacks) with 70 passing yards and didn't even play an entire quarter.
                That’s.........just insane. And really painful to think about. Speaking about fate not on your side, coupled with the Gibbs injury, when Lance fumbled right after they recovered our fumble, I’m 95% sure that ball hit the officials leg to bounce back to him to recover. Just kinda a bitter game. I’ll leave the rest of my ranting for another day.
                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                  That’s.........just insane. And really painful to think about. Speaking about fate not on your side, coupled with the Gibbs injury, when Lance fumbled right after they recovered our fumble, I’m 95% sure that ball hit the officials leg to bounce back to him to recover. Just kinda a bitter game. I’ll leave the rest of my ranting for another day.
                  I may be in the minority, but I think the Jacks with Gibbs are noticeably better than Bison with Lance, and even the Jacks with Heide stand a decent chance of winning a rematch, particularly if they jump out to a big lead, because I'm definitely not sold on Lance's passing ability.

Having said that, I don't think Gibbs would miss a rematch, based on postgame comments from Stig. I hope Jacks rest Gibbs the next couple games if need be so he can fully recover.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                    If you had that type of engagement and excitement every home that place would be next level.
                    Agreed, but to take it to the next level, I hope our crowd realizes that they need to temper the desire to counter the Bison and refrain from chanting when the Jacks are on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                      I may be in the minority, but I think the Jacks with Gibbs are noticeably better than Bison with Lance, and even the Jacks with Heide stand a decent chance of winning a rematch, particularly if they jump out to a big lead, because I'm definitely not sold on Lance's passing ability.

Having said that, I don't think Gibbs would miss a rematch, based on postgame comments from Stig. I hope Jacks rest Gibbs the next couple games if need be so he can fully recover.
                      Lance will have a better game next time. I thought NDSUs play calling was very vanilla. Even more than usual. I’m sure that’s a lot of SDSUs defense but they’ll have some better plays for him. He ran the ball like a stud though. He’s a tough kid.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        Lance will have a better game next time. I thought NDSUs play calling was very vanilla. Even more than usual. I’m sure that’s a lot of SDSUs defense but they’ll have some better plays for him. He ran the ball like a stud though. He’s a tough kid.
                        Sure, he might perform better than he did yesterday, but I still think Gibbs or Heide can stand toe to toe with him.

I guess I'd attribute some of their playcalling to the Jacks defensive alignment. I was frustrated there weren't more sacks, but I believe some of that was Jacks wanting to contain Lance.

Comment

Game had me on edge as I had to watch it transferring between 3 different locations. Nothing but respect for SDSU and the fans after that one. You guys had the energy of the Bison fans years ago. I would hope this would send a signal to the casuals out there to attend more games and show this type of energy. Every one of our games should be like this. This game showed the potential of the atmosphere you can have there and never thought it could get that loud. Now you just need to teach the bandwagoners to be quiet with the offense on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                            Anybody still have their voice?
                            i was starting to have trouble at the end of the GameDay show...totally lost it by end of game and it’s still affected this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              Lance was adequate throwing the short to mid-range passes, but he doesn't have the touch and accuracy on the deep balls that Gibbs does. Jacks fans should feel good about the next three years with Gibbs at QB, and with the recruiting classes of the past two years along with the upcoming one. And days like yesterday are going to help bring high-end recruits to Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Lance was adequate throwing the short to mid-range passes, but he doesn't have the touch and accuracy on the deep balls that Gibbs does. Jacks fans should feel good about the next three years with Gibbs at QB, and with the recruiting classes of the past two years along with the upcoming one. And days like yesterday are going to help bring high-end recruits to Brookings.
                                I'll feel much better about Gibbs once he is able to play a full month of college football. The kid is talented as anyone, but that talent doesn't do much when he is in sweats on the sidelines
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X