• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakota Marker Injuries

Who's back? Who's out?

How will this affect the game?

Re: Dakota Marker Injuries

Defense
    Diamond and DyShawn will be back. Marshon may even be back. He is getting closer every week.
    Seven will be back and has cleared concusion protocal
    Terveer: OUT. It is reflected on the depth chart with Eubank being elevated.
    Elijah Wilson: No idea. Haven't heard anything about him

Offense:
    Kunz: Gametime decision
    Genant: Probably a week or two out
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Defense
      Diamond and DyShawn will be back. Marshon may even be back. He is getting closer every week.
      Seven will be back and has cleared concusion protocal
      Terveer: OUT. It is reflected on the depth chart with Eubank being elevated.
      Elijah Wilson: No idea. Haven't heard anything about him

Offense:
      Kunz: Gametime decision
      Genant: Probably a week or two out
      Wow... Seven is back?!?! That's amazing and a really big deal. Also all the DBs coming back is huge too.

Comment

I thought it was interesting how you mentioned Terveer is out and Eubank has been elevated to third on the depth chart. I was surprised to not see Hicks on the depth chart, but Eubank played really well last week.

Looking at the stats for our DE's, it is easy to see why the first three in the rotation are locked in. Earith, Winkelman and Ogunrinde are all having good seasons. The three of them combine for 52 tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss, and 10 sacks. Reece has added a forced fumble and Ryan has swatted down two pass attempts. After those three, Hicks has had two really good games and three games with nothing in the stat line. Jassan Eubank had a really good game last week where he assisted on 3 tackles, two of which were behind the line of scrimmage and the other was a shared sack. He's only appeared in one other game and that was against LIU, where he had nothing to show for stats. Maybe he's finally getting accustomed after playing for Nassau Community College last year.

Coming into this season I really expected to see more out of Smenda and as stated earlier, Wilson has been MIA. Smenda has 7 tackles on the season, of which, 4 are unassisted. His veteran presence will be important against the Bison, but I always expected more out of him during his senior season. He had 36 tackles during his RS-freshman and sophomore seasons combined with 4 tackles for loss and 4 sacks. Last year he was in on 28 tackles, but didn't have any sacks.

While it would be nice to get more out of those two veterans, it's nice to see the emergence of some of the young talent develop these last two years in the front four. Having five really good DTs inside really helps solidify the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
          I thought it was interesting how you mentioned Terveer is out and Eubank has been elevated to third on the depth chart. I was surprised to not see Hicks on the depth chart, but Eubank played really well last week.

Looking at the stats for our DE's, it is easy to see why the first three in the rotation are locked in. Earith, Winkelman and Ogunrinde are all having good seasons. The three of them combine for 52 tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss, and 10 sacks. Reece has added a forced fumble and Ryan has swatted down two pass attempts. After those three, Hicks has had two really good games and three games with nothing in the stat line. Jassan Eubank had a really good game last week where he assisted on 3 tackles, two of which were behind the line of scrimmage and the other was a shared sack. He's only appeared in one other game and that was against LIU, where he had nothing to show for stats. Maybe he's finally getting accustomed after playing for Nassau Community College last year.

Coming into this season I really expected to see more out of Smenda and as stated earlier, Wilson has been MIA. Smenda has 7 tackles on the season, of which, 4 are unassisted. His veteran presence will be important against the Bison, but I always expected more out of him during his senior season. He had 36 tackles during his RS-freshman and sophomore seasons combined with 4 tackles for loss and 4 sacks. Last year he was in on 28 tackles, but didn't have any sacks.

While it would be nice to get more out of those two veterans, it's nice to see the emergence of some of the young talent develop these last two years in the front four. Having five really good DTs inside really helps solidify the unit.
          In regards to Hicks, he was everywhere last weekend but didn't register a sack. He had pressures that forced the Ind State QB into a sack at least 2 if not 3 times.

Smenda has just been passed up by more talented players. Pretty simple. Wilson got hurt right before camp but I think he'd be 5th if not 6th at the position group anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            In regards to Hicks, he was everywhere last weekend but didn't register a sack. He had pressures that forced the Ind State QB into a sack at least 2 if not 3 times.

Smenda has just been passed up by more talented players. Pretty simple. Wilson got hurt right before camp but I think he'd be 5th if not 6th at the position group anyways.
            What about Sanders is he getting much playing time? I was curious to see what he can do.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              What about Sanders is he getting much playing time? I was curious to see what he can do.
              Caleb Sanders rocks! One of my favorite players and a huge pest on the interior.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Sanders starts. His listed ahead of Krockpot. I'm guessing Krockett's injury recovery has kept him from being the dominant force he was last year.

Comment

I haven't been able to pay very close attention but always waiting to hear his name on the radio. thanks.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Any other significant injuries besides Gibbs out of the Marker game?

Who's in and out for Mo State? Krockpot still seems to be gaining strength, hopefully by playoff time he is back to last year's level.

Getting back Genant and Harris will be big.

Comment

Any official word on Gibbs? Hearsay is that it's season ending, but didn't hear anything from the staff or Zimmer for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                        Any official word on Gibbs? Hearsay is that it's season ending, but didn't hear anything from the staff or Zimmer for certain.
                        Nothing yet. It's just still so weird that it could be a major injury when he was up walking/biking afterwards. But I suppose it's the potential surgery and recovery time to fix it that will be the biggest issue. I'm guessing we'll know more by Wednesday. If we haven't heard anything by Friday, I'd say that's got to be good news, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                          Nothing yet. It's just still so weird that it could be a major injury when he was up walking/biking afterwards. But I suppose it's the potential surgery and recovery time to fix it that will be the biggest issue. I'm guessing we'll know more by Wednesday. If we haven't heard anything by Friday, I'd say that's got to be good news, right?
                          Doubt you'll hear anything with the HIPPA and other regulations...If he's walking around the sidelines with a mild limp who knows...brace and crutches, still don't know. Ie makes it back, great. Next man up, for now.

Comment

I would advise to expect the worst given the lack of contact.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                              Doubt you'll hear anything with the HIPPA and other regulations...If he's walking around the sidelines with a mild limp who knows...brace and crutches, still don't know. Ie makes it back, great. Next man up, for now.
                              I might be the only one but woulda coulda shoulda thought process but if Christion redshirted he would have been a senior this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X